Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Fragments Suck!

Default Total Frustration

I spent $80. dollars on Fragment Boxes from the Rift Store.
    Twenty dollars at a time x 4.
    All Fragment Chests were Revered.
    I only received two possible fragments I could use (Crit Power).
    As a Cleric/Level 70, I am really looking for my primary needs such as Spell Power and Wisdom, but out of all of them, not a one.
    Now I have a bunch of Level Three and some Two's that I can't use, sell, or trade.
    Really?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Featherrock View Post
    I spent $80.
    Trion loves you!

Isp
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Featherrock View Post
    I spent $80. dollars on Fragment Boxes from the Rift Store.
    Twenty dollars at a time x 4.
    All Fragment Chests were Revered.
    I only received two possible fragments I could use (Crit Power).
    As a Cleric/Level 70, I am really looking for my primary needs such as Spell Power and Wisdom, but out of all of them, not a one.
    Now I have a bunch of Level Three and some Two's that I can't use, sell, or trade.
    Really?
    That is a reason why they were implemented like this - you spending money until you realize that it's a scam (like any other kind of rng boxes by the way). Then you stop, but you are not alone who doing it, so it is a good source of short term income for trion (like it was unstable boxes which dropped everywhere and required keys for credit). You cannot scam your players all the time - but nobody cares about future it seems. Looks like current focus is on new players which coming, spending money and moving to something else.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Rift Master

I don't honestly think they did this as a cash grab. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt here. It is just a system that had some good intentions that sadly didn't work out well at all.

A common word I see in game and on this forum with regards to fragments is stress. This system causes a lot of stress to players. Regardless of anything else, if a system is causing a large proportion of the players to stress out and become anxious then that system isn't working and needs to be looked at. This is a game, causing stress and anxiety about a system is not good at all. We just want to have fun right?

I don't like this system at all. I think it is confusing, stressful and makes actual item drops a lot less fun. My personal opinion would be to scrap the whole thing but realistically that is expansion level changes. It's ok to do this btw. We tried something it didn't work. Ok no problem we try something else and learn from our mistakes So....

Constructive suggestions to improve the system:
    • Have rep boxes only drop class specific fragments.
    • Have tank and dps fragments seperate - no dodge appearing on a crit power/ap/crit chance fragment
    • Get rid of this tier system. It confuses everyone. Have any stat on a frag possibly be the main stat at the top. This can be the RNG rather than praying not to get block on a dps frag.
    • Documentation. You have to provide documentation i.e. in game guides on how the system works. What does this do, what is this, what is that. Players have so little information. If you need to close the game and look at forum posts and spreadsheets then we have a problem. Saying this if I am asking for almost a manual on a game system then we have another problem.
    • Have all stats available from the start. Change rarity to mean just how much extra stats on each stat there is already when you level up.
    • Lower the cost or increase how much of a bar you get without critting
    Last edited by Balidin; 04-24-2017 at 04:36 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    I don't honestly think they did this as a cash grab. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt here. It is just a system that had some good intentions that sadly didn't work out well at all.

A common word I see in game and on this forum with regards to fragments is stress. This system causes a lot of stress to players. Regardless of anything else, if a system is causing a large proportion of the players to stress out and become anxious then that system isn't working and needs to be looked at. This is a game, causing stress and anxiety about a system is not good at all. We just want to have fun right?

I don't like this system at all. I think it is confusing, stressful and makes actual item drops a lot less fun. My personal opinion would be to scrap the whole thing but realistically that is expansion level changes. It's ok to do this btw. We tried something it didn't work. Ok no problem we try something else and learn from our mistakes So....

Constructive suggestions to improve the system:
    • Have rep boxes only drop class specific fragments.
    • Have tank and dps fragments seperate - no dodge appearing on a crit power/ap/crit chance fragment
    • Get rid of this tier system. It confuses everyone. Have any stat on a frag possibly be the main stat at the top. This can be the RNG rather than praying not to get block on a dps frag.
    • Documentation. You have to provide documentation i.e. in game guides on how the system works. What does this do, what is this, what is that. Players have so little information. If you need to close the game and look at forum posts and spreadsheets then we have a problem. Saying this if I am asking for almost a manual on a game system then we have another problem.
    • Have all stats available from the start. Change rarity to mean just how much extra stats on each stat there is already when you level up.
    • Lower the cost or increase how much of a bar you get without critting
    100% agree. I believe i heard there is a change coming but haven't seen any details. Has maybe the dev's care to comment ?

I'm just hoping any changes to the fragments doesn't end up as:

HEY all that time and effort and plat you spent upgrading your frags?

WASTED

Have to get a bunch of new ones now that they've been changed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

Telaran

fragments are a complete cash grab. there isnt really any other possible way to look at it.

also, if you solely pvp, youll never get any useful frags. lets say you did though, you wouldnt be able to afford to upgrade it because you dont make any plat from pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    Have to get a bunch of new ones now that they've been changed!
    A dev already mentioned that another tier of fragments could be introduced in the future, such that the existing ones are superceded.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Shadowlander

fragments are NOT fun it makes me wanna throw coffe cups at people....

BMX
    Rift Disciple

Essentially, the fragment thing has lead to more conjecture from peeps that don't get a paycheck that says Trion Inc. on it.

They are confusing, I'll give it that. I've used em to drive up critical power and primary stat as best I can. Only one has leveled up without going tanky on me for my DPS set. I would call it a moderate end stat upgrade. It's all good tho. As has been stated earlier in the thread, upgrade no higher than level 6 and move forward toward dreaming of a "good" one to drop.

There are many other places that Trion et al missed the mark with Postage Stamp Profitsy, such as PvP that's as old as the hills, lacking a raid until 4.1.1 (the x.x.1 was iRotp).
    Too many repeats. No 20 man raids. The skull event being loads of effort for little return.
    At some point, the community looks for value in what they are spending US currency on and expect some form of return in terms of quality and quantity of content.

In the end, it's not just the fragment system that has peeps scratching their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreezhem View Post
    For around 5k plat you can have a Nice set of frags level 9 -12. Just upgrade smartly the frags worth upping. Take your time and wait for that one frag, don't waste money by upping a frag to change it the next day.

Also on the pts irofp feedback said that it drop legendary frags. So farm plat and wait for the raid.
    For newer players, or returning players like myself (August 2013 -> started again last month), 5k platinum is a ****load of money.

Some people just guffawed out loud and scoffed at that statement, but it's accurate.

Five Thousand Platinum is a lot. It's intimidating. And it's wrapped up in a RNG system.

I was an early beta to end game Storm Legion raider before departing (obviously subscribed over those 2.5 years), and I can't recall ever passing 500-600p.

Perhaps if I had continued to play, and played to grind currency all the time, I would be sitting pretty with tens of thousands of plat.

But that's not the case.

Anyway, Planar Fragments are a pure primary currency sink, that's alright, but it would be interesting to have slightly more control/prediction over the upgrade process.

Otherwise, that 5K objective is really fighting with a lot of other investments for the new player or long lost returning veteran.

some of the replies about leveling your frags to 6 and stopping will stunt your progression. These are huge increases to your stats. They are a pain to get anything worth maxing but ive got several with the primary stat I want and they are all level 9 -12. Once you get something worth taking to 15 the boost between 14 to 15 is like getting an upgrade on your armor or even better sometimes.

Champion of Telara Holyroller12's Avatar

As has been stated by other players they do help and boost your dps quite a bit, but you don't need them as long as you're able to do proper rotations and player your class appropriately. There will of course be limits to that at some point, but my advice to anyone looking at fragments to just save your money until the revamps come.
    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Kreezhem View Post
    For around 5k plat you can have a Nice set of frags level 9 -12. Just upgrade smartly the frags worth upping. Take your time and wait for that one frag, don't waste money by upping a frag to change it the next day.

Also on the pts irofp feedback said that it drop legendary frags. So farm plat and wait for the raid.
    sure sure.. I'm waiting.. and waiting... since frags started.. trion do not like mages
    Ascend A Friend Join me in RIFT http://bit.ly/1jS6dt2
    or if you already there, redeem this code - CEWPH7C3NH2TDNQH29Z3
    receive presents + 28slot bags and a mount for a good beginning
    POWER*LEVELING from x to 65 - pay with plat, rex or epic unstables - on EU and NA | WTS/WTT (EU) Bounty arts

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    some of the replies about leveling your frags to 6 and stopping will stunt your progression. These are huge increases to your stats. They are a pain to get anything worth maxing but ive got several with the primary stat I want and they are all level 9 -12. Once you get something worth taking to 15 the boost between 14 to 15 is like getting an upgrade on your armor or even better sometimes.
    Your dps not going from 500k to 505k doesn't not "stunt your progression" if you can join every single thing in the game with 400k. Past that point it's just for bragging rights/pissing contest. You will kill boss with 505k dps and you will kill it with 500k. Over the whole raid it'll take you 3 more seconds. Irrelevant.

PVP'ers are the ones really getting screwed up by fragments. Now it's not "Ah you'll get it, just 3 seconds more". It may be the difference between losing and winning a fight, between saving a player or not. There it REALLY matters... And of course we get like 20 times less fragments than PVE'ers, and with the same (lack of) quality.

Quote Originally Posted by beyondcaring View Post
    fragments are a complete cash grab. there isnt really any other possible way to look at it.

also, if you solely pvp, youll never get any useful frags. lets say you did though, you wouldnt be able to afford to upgrade it because you dont make any plat from pvp.
    Don't see it as a cash grab... just a terribly implement system. It if was a cash grab they would've tried to grab PVP'ers crash too, but they don't. There's literally no way to find good fragments for pvp ( I mean a reasonable amount. Been playing since release and I had 2-3 worth upgrading, and that's with loose standards - one of my best one doesn't even have crit power ).

I'm not sure how everyone else has so little plat, I'm basically floating in plat since the xpac... But I have nothing to spend it on unless I want to upgrade white tier 6 crit powers and green tier 5 attack power/endurance.
    The cost isn't even stopping me, the lack of frags is. It was already really bad at the xpac release, but now the box can also have useless cores so we get even less. Probably close to an hour of PVP per frag or something. It's ridiculous. Easy 95% ( more like 99% ) of them are trash, so you're looking at 10's or 100's of hours of pvp for ONE good fragment.

Hopefully the frag changes are coming real soon, and will fix this mess.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast