Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Any plans to fix massive class imbalance?

Default Any plans to fix massive class imbalance?

Any plans to fix this massive class imbalance?

Warriors & Primalist's 300-400k+ DPS when under geared.

Wtf is this nonsense? Multiple patches since the launch of 4.1 and not a single class balance update.

Should i just delete my main and reroll a warrior or primalist?

I try not to be "that guy" who makes this kind of post, but this is just getting old.

TRION?
    Last edited by dayzed; 04-19-2017 at 10:46 PM.
    Angelinajolie - Missnasty - Dayzedd
    Crisis Crusade
    RIP Defer Death
    Greybriar
    Basic 4.2 Warlock Guide

Isp
    Plane Walker

Any calling doing 300-400k+, warriors (tempest nerf already on pts), primalists and rogues doing 700k, mages 600k, clerics 400k. So yes, delete and reroll, and do it every couple of weeks, with new changes.
    Last edited by Isp; 04-19-2017 at 10:40 PM.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    Any calling doing 300-400k+, warriors (tempest nerf already on pts), primalists and rogues doing 700k, mages 600k, clerics 400k. So yes, delete and reroll, and do it every couple of weeks, with new changes.
    Or we could just figure it out by now.

Yes, i exaggerated the numbers a little bit. Sustained is still 100-150k higher depending on calling, and burst is 400k+ higher.
    Angelinajolie - Missnasty - Dayzedd
    Crisis Crusade
    RIP Defer Death
    Greybriar
    Basic 4.2 Warlock Guide

Plane Walker

Why delete though? Just create all 5 classes and play whichever that is most OP atm?

Isp
    Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Wowo View Post
    Why delete though? Just create all 5 classes and play whichever that is most OP atm?
    Alts are dead, massive cost of fragments upgrade and massive eternal grind would not allow to gear up all alts properly for most players.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Plane Walker

Alts are dead, massive cost of fragments upgrade and massive eternal grind would not allow to gear up all alts properly for most players.
    But deleting your main wont refund u the cost, so it still makes no sense to delete a toon if u just want to switch class.

Champion of Telara Holyroller12's Avatar

The few primalists (mainly the one of which I know) that actually does that much has his frags min/maxed, his rotations min/maxed and literally has spent a a day and a half working out builds and rotations on PTS before changes to to live. I've seen every other class do 500k+. That being said, a lot of people don't put much effort into actually learning or gearing their classes. That's always been the case and will likely always be the case. I've seen a rogue do 500k in Assassin with a few expert pieces and greens on during TD. Just base fragments.

Anywho. Balance is always ongoing whether you see it first hand or not. Be sure to keep yourself up to date and hop on PTS http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...e-changes.html

There's no doubt more to come in the next few weeks.
    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Isp
    Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Wowo View Post
    But deleting your main wont refund u the cost, so it still makes no sense to delete a toon if u just want to switch class.
    I guess it was rhetorical question from OP and it was sarcastic answer from me. Nobody is going to delete max level toon. I personally have TD geared toons in all callings and couple of 70s which spend charges outside of TD (crifts, TQF). But gearing of alts is hard now. Even having multiple roles on one toon is much more difficult now than before. I have tank and dps on all 5 main callings - so it is 10 roles which require different gear (I'm not counting cases AP/SP vs CP gear here - such specialization is dead too). Only main tank have relatively high fragments (they are crappy fragments - but they upgraded to high levels, some maxed) - 9 other roles are left behind and I doubt that it will change. And only main toon currently has maxed crafted gear and eternal weapon on minion stage.
    Last edited by Isp; 04-20-2017 at 01:06 AM.

Rift Disciple

we are speaking about class balance 6 months or what into expansion just give up guys lol

who cares about cost
    the RNG gods give me (from any option with frags) only warrior str/dodge/dex/etc options
    I can't event spend money
    Ascend A Friend Join me in RIFT http://bit.ly/1jS6dt2
    or if you already there, redeem this code - CEWPH7C3NH2TDNQH29Z3
    receive presents + 28slot bags and a mount for a good beginning
    POWER*LEVELING from x to 65 - pay with plat, rex or epic unstables - on EU and NA | WTS/WTT (EU) Bounty arts

Class imbalance has always been and will always be in MMORPG. It's impossible to keep a perfect balance when you want to reshape specs (legendary) when there is gear evolution and when combats are different.

Ok right now prima and warrior are top of the list and cleric is quite far behind. But honestly think about 4.0 shaman being first dps without a brain.

Balance in a game like rift is a cycle, just wait your turn.

The only real issue to me is that tempest excels in every circumstance. Its like a swiss knife that cut better than a butcher knife, open wine better than a bottle opener, and never give you up better than Rick Astley.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kreezhem View Post
    Class imbalance has always been and will always be in MMORPG. It's impossible to keep a perfect balance when you want to reshape specs (legendary) when there is gear evolution and when combats are different.

Ok right now prima and warrior are top of the list and cleric is quite far behind. But honestly think about 4.0 shaman being first dps without a brain.

Balance in a game like rift is a cycle, just wait your turn.

The only real issue to me is that tempest excels in every circumstance. Its like a swiss knife that cut better than a butcher knife, open wine better than a bottle opener, and never give you up better than Rick Astley.
    To me this is silly. The devs work on dimensions and fluff 24-7, but cannot turn out raid content, class balance, new classes, and beyond that dont even bother with pvp stuff anymore.

Champion

Tempest is getting nerfed into the ground soon, and primas are getting a fix that's been increasing their dps by more than intended. I'm pretty sure there are builds that don't take advantage of that bug to begin with, but at any rate warriors will definitely be the red-headed step children again, so don't worry ;)
    Last edited by Boxsmith; 04-20-2017 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreezhem View Post
    ... think about 4.0 shaman being first dps without a brain. .
    ...not very many specs take much of a brain to play.

Quote Originally Posted by dundare View Post
    To me this is silly. The devs work on dimensions and fluff 24-7, but cannot turn out raid content, class balance, new classes, and beyond that dont even bother with pvp stuff anymore.
    Well because they can make money with it. Fluff and dimensions make money and raids and other content costs money. Right now it seems they want to get rid of all the raiders.
    Even stealing world 1st kills from EU guilds because they are not able to calculate time zones to kills.
    If trion continues their politics we will have a better looking minecraft sooner or later.
    I am the weapon, my daggers are just tools
    Security Warning:This human beeing may use cynicism and sarcasm in a way you are not accustomed to, you might suffer severe mental damage
    Starfall Prophecy ALL Content cleared

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast