Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree29Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Any plans to fix massive class imbalance?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    /sigh sigh

Ok let's try this again guy.

A **** tempest that can only do 500k using Lv7 eternal.
    And assume tempest has zero burst at all.
    This gives us that the tempest is actually only doing 500k*.75 = 375k.

So for even the ****test tempest in the world the proc gave 125,000 more damage each second.

So tell me,

How much + flat damage do you think we will need to make up one hundred thousand two hundred fifty extra (125,000) damage each second? And I can tell you right now +10k/20k or even 30k per attack isn't enough and this is assuming 100% uptime for the other classes bonus while underestimating that tempest actually has a linear dps delivery (in case you didn't know it isn't).

Get it? the existing flat bonus is no where near the magnitude of the straight multiplier.
    There are stupid imbalance in eternal weapon bonus, as even for the worst warrior ever that can only play tempest with 1 button the eternal proc provided way more dps than the typical +flat bonus and this figure can only go up when gear improves which is not the case for the normal classes with +flat bonus.

Again not rocket science.
    I still think you're underestimating the cleric and mage weapons because you're glossing over the fact that it's not a flat bonus - it's a dynamic bonus because it is added BEFORE the scaling takes place. As I was told, it is a base modifier, so the real damage increase isn't just 10k or 20k, it's like (base dmg + 20k) x modifiers. Then for crits, it essentially gets multiplied again. The more the base damage is modified, the better this proc would work. Again, don't have this 100% confirmed, just heard it from our best cleric theorycrafter / dps.

I think the main point we need to remember is that Tempest is only doing such crazy dps because of its free cleave, and the fact that pretty much every raid boss released so far has cleave potential. That free cleave is going away, and a large portion of its st dps is going along with it. Even now, my tempest parses lower on dummy than my rogue or primalist, though those are both harder to dps with in practice.

When these changes happen, clerics will be doing more dps with their top 3 specs, and warriors will be doing (significantly) less dps. It's pointless to keep debating this with numbers we've seen so far, especially for encounters that are so heavily skewed towards the current tempest that will no longer exist in (what I assume to be) a few weeks.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Boxsmith View Post
    I still think you're underestimating the cleric and mage weapons because you're glossing over the fact that it's not a flat bonus - it's a dynamic bonus because it is added BEFORE the scaling takes place. As I was told, it is a base modifier, so the real damage increase isn't just 10k or 20k, it's like (base dmg + 20k) x modifiers. Then for crits, it essentially gets multiplied again. The more the base damage is modified, the better this proc would work. Again, don't have this 100% confirmed, just heard it from our best cleric theorycrafter / dps.
    No it's not. It`s a flat dmg added at the end. It's not modified.

Check those screens. The proc gives 300 flat dmg bonus. Check the min and max dmg of Cinderburst.

http://imgur.com/a/7rSkm

1. Normal CB.
    2. CB with Proc
    3. CB with IC (100% dmg bonus)
    4. CB with IC with proc

It is always 300 dmg no matter what.
    Lokken - 65 lvl r100 Mage
    Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #33
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Hey folks... soul balancing is an ongoing process, and some significant changes are underway on PTS. There is an official thread in the PTS forum for those who have posted thoughtful and constructive comments here. The systems team reads the feedback every day.

To that point, I am closing this thread on the basis of the combative and non-constructive OP.
    There are ways to give feedback in a more reasoned and constructive fashion, as others on this thread have demonstrated.
    Brasse

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3