+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32
Like Tree32Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: wf.s

  1. #16
    Ascendant Laeti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin666 View Post
    people that want to join as group should only be able to play other groups that wanted to play as group ... problem solved ...
    ...because that worked so well in the past...
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    RIFT360 <3
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

  2. #17
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    406

    Default

    I got an idea..... to keep the bads out..... you die? too bad you're out of the match someone else replaces you. better luck next time don't die :P

  3. #18
    Ascendant Xclvsive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    Would that really change anything?
    I mean, are they really trying to make good matchmaking anymore? I keep hearing that, but at the same time I often see a strong premade ( 5 players, all decent ) that completely stomps the enemy team, leave warfront, requeue, instant pop, and they're in the game again, and again it's a stomp, pretty much all night long.

    I've seen people talk about long premade queues for high elo premades but it doesn't seem that way. And I'm not taking about 5 random chumps grouping together either, was 5 solid players. Their elo is certainly high, and as a premade I didn't see them lose a game all night long, yet the MM kept putting them against whatever, giving them instant queues.

    Also seen games pop with a strong 5 man premade against 5 puggers. 5v5, premade vs randoms, and not many quality names either.
    Hell, I've seen good 5x premades get a game say 10v10 and their 5 random puggers were also better than any combination of 5 on the other team.

    Bottom line, I'm not sure where these super long premade queues come from but I've seen many times where the game doesn't even try to find a balanced match. Just throwing in whatever there is, even if it's 5 pvp superstars and 5 random puggers, against 10 random puggers, with no delay whatsoever ( getting them - with or against me - instant queue after instant queue, for a couple hours ).


    But anyway, allowing premades isn't the problem; Bad matchmaking is the problem.
    10 pvp superstars being put randomly on the same team against 10 potatoes isn't better than premades getting the same deal.

    At the Elo reset ok, the game didn't know, couldn't know any better... But it's been a while now people have hundreds ( or even thousand ) games played, the ELO should reflect people's ability now, yet it doesn't seem that way when you look at strong premades getting instant pops against trash teams all night long.
    I can confirm that just 1 month ago when <The Cult> tried to 5 man, we didn't get any pops during prime time. Kept friends list open and all the other premades running were getting instant pops. Now were playing Overwatch, 1-2 min queues are fun

    I'm not going to participate in a disappointing and lackluster pvp experience by myself, and if I cant do it with friends then there's no point in even playing.

    some ideas i guess

    - All wfs need to be back
    - Balance issues resolved, stop catering to ranged players.
    - Damage and healing hard values can really be fine tuned. TTK is too fast.
    - Need to take steps forward and not backwards, add content, not delete it. Seems simple no? TDM? Free for all? New maps based on current zones (which would make it easier to develop)
    - Reduce wfs to 10v10 max. Or make the maps bigger. Smaller team fights are always better and 15 people on each side is very laggy for the engine used on this game. Makes for a choppy pvp experience even for those with top end pc's.
    - Cap mount speed on all maps to 150% and remove mounts on codex.
    - Meaningful prestige system, up to lvl 150 and add "prestige points". Similar to honor talents from wow but make it unique.
    - Planar fragment system just needs work in general, nobody likes an rng grind that takes forever. People like gear and stat differences, but not long grinds that involve heavy rng.
    - Eternal pvp weapons?
    - Rift 2?

    lol alot of these are all basically long shots but idk i guess it doesn't hurt to post.
    Last edited by Xclvsive; 04-21-2017 at 09:40 AM.
    ~Xclusive

  4. #19
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Premades shoudln't ever have existed in an MMO to begin with. It's okay to group up with your friends in pvp-centric games that don't involve vertical progression gearing like, Halo or CoD, but in an RPG it only invites drastic imbalance. You're basically trading the concept of fair competition away in order to play with friends (assuming you and your friends are skilled / geared anyway).

    In games like this, time put into the game directly correlates to how powerful your character is, unless you're an RPer or dimensioneer or something. This is more true than ever now because of fragments. Yes, there is some bolstering, but it is and has always been an imperfect system that does not take every factor into account.

    PvP by nature in an MMO is a shaky concept at best simply because there is so much gear and stat variance involved, but having a premade basically adds a multiplier to that potential imbalance.

  5. #20
    Plane Touched bollesti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    230

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by Xclvsive View Post
    Idk what the fuss is about, there aren't any good premades anymore that a complete pug team cant work around. Adapt and practice.
    I want the Cult back its not fun to wreck you guys individualy no challenge there...ask snuggs,he was back for about 2 days,but now seriously i miss you guys its very boring without real competition except for Slashflex but they dont pm that often,come back Cult we so miss you.
    Last edited by bollesti; 04-20-2017 at 12:04 PM.

  6. #21
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    I mean, removing premades worked for Conquest, why not do it for warfronts too.
    The lulz, they hurt.

  7. #22
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boxsmith View Post
    Premades shoudln't ever have existed in an MMO to begin with. It's okay to group up with your friends in pvp-centric games that don't involve vertical progression gearing like, Halo or CoD, but in an RPG it only invites drastic imbalance. You're basically trading the concept of fair competition away in order to play with friends (assuming you and your friends are skilled / geared anyway).

    In games like this, time put into the game directly correlates to how powerful your character is, unless you're an RPer or dimensioneer or something. This is more true than ever now because of fragments. Yes, there is some bolstering, but it is and has always been an imperfect system that does not take every factor into account.

    PvP by nature in an MMO is a shaky concept at best simply because there is so much gear and stat variance involved, but having a premade basically adds a multiplier to that potential imbalance.
    So you want to penalize people for being and doing their best and associating and gathering with other like minded people who do the same? Come on, are you really saying that? Because I think you are saying that.

  8. #23
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Methadras1 View Post
    So you want to penalize people for being and doing their best and associating and gathering with other like minded people who do the same? Come on, are you really saying that? Because I think you are saying that.
    I mean it sucks, I agree, but there's no way to reconcile a game that involves grinding for gear with PvP at the end of the day, unless you completely 100% homogenize the stats or have very selective brackets. It, by nature, will be unbalanced, and that unbalance grows exponentially when you have a premade of well-geared players coordinating together against the unranked masses.

    In the absence of perfect stat balancing, you have to choose between having a fair, balanced game, or the ability to play with your friends. Trion chose the latter, and here we are.

  9. #24
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boxsmith View Post
    I mean it sucks, I agree, but there's no way to reconcile a game that involves grinding for gear with PvP at the end of the day, unless you completely 100% homogenize the stats or have very selective brackets. It, by nature, will be unbalanced, and that unbalance grows exponentially when you have a premade of well-geared players coordinating together against the unranked masses.

    In the absence of perfect stat balancing, you have to choose between having a fair, balanced game, or the ability to play with your friends. Trion chose the latter, and here we are.
    No, here you are. Here you are ranting about a system you feel is unfair because it doesn't strike the levels of balance you want so you can believe that going into the pvp environment on a level playing field will somehow make you a better player, while totally neglecting the time, effort, and skill good players have put into the game (for the most part) to acquire that gear, those skills, and those friends you are whining you can't compete against because of envy.

    Let's call it for what it is shall we. If you did the same amount of work, get the same gear, good skills, got into premades, would you be saying the same thing? You are one side looking at the other wanting to be on that side, but can't for various reasons, so instead of taking that as initiative to become better, you whine about how unfair it all is. Zero you-know-what's given.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPpWPv5kKqo

  10. #25
    Plane Touched Merlin666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xclvsive View Post
    - Reduce wfs to 10 people max. Or make the maps bigger. Smaller team fights are always better and 15 people on each side is very laggy for the engine used on this game. Makes for a choppy pvp experience.
    ^ This ... i was gonna suggest this somewhere and keep forgetting. 15 on each side is simply too many on such a small maps with limited objectives ...
    -> Morrewin@faeblight lvl67
    -> Anywho@faeblight lvl70
    -> Seagrams@hailol lvl65
    -> Chrisss@greybriar lvl69

  11. #26
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    443

    Default and

    I like to sea trion add in a merk tab
    cause I play deifnt and I hate when I get merked to gurd side
    I would play gurd if that what I wanted a tab were it says you wish merc? y/n just a persnol choice

  12. #27
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Methadras1 View Post
    No, here you are. Here you are ranting about a system you feel is unfair because it doesn't strike the levels of balance you want so you can believe that going into the pvp environment on a level playing field will somehow make you a better player, while totally neglecting the time, effort, and skill good players have put into the game (for the most part) to acquire that gear, those skills, and those friends you are whining you can't compete against because of envy.

    Let's call it for what it is shall we. If you did the same amount of work, get the same gear, good skills, got into premades, would you be saying the same thing? You are one side looking at the other wanting to be on that side, but can't for various reasons, so instead of taking that as initiative to become better, you whine about how unfair it all is. Zero you-know-what's given.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPpWPv5kKqo
    Mmk, first off, I'm primarily a PvEr. I haven't done wfs seriously since the first sparkle quest back in NMT.

    Lemme give you a scenario: Player 1 has all greens, no runes, no orbs, and still has NT essences with minimal fragments. Player 2 has a mixture of TD and expert gear, all t9 fragments, and near-BiS essences.

    Who's gonna win 1v1 in this encounter? Is skill going to have ANY bearing on who wins? No, no it won't. Bolstering doesn't do enough to close the gap, and still doesn't take many factors into account.

    Your argument is fundamentally flawed. Time invested should NOT automatically give you an advantage for versus play. It is up to YOU, the user, to develop those skills. You can do 1000 wfs and run TD 1000 times and not actually get better, but in this game, you're going to hit harder and heal harder because of gear. This is okay for PvE because the players are working together towards a common goal. Your victory is not hindered by others having better gear than you because they chose to spend every waking hour of their free time grinding.

    PvP should be entirely or almost entirely skill based, in ANY game. This whole train of thought that investing more time should reward you with a stat advantage over other players in a versus environment is wrong, just so, so very wrong. But of course it's going to be the popular sentiment in an MMO, so I guess I'm just shouting at a brick wall here.

    Can you imagine an FPS where you had green, blue, purple, or orange gear / weapons that you got through grinding? Like a versus borderlands? Can you imagine the utter RAGE that would induce? Do you recall the utter rage it DID induce in destiny versus play? And those pieces of gear / weapons didn't have NEARLY the variance that gear / weapons in this game do!
    Last edited by Boxsmith; 04-21-2017 at 05:53 AM.

  13. #28
    Champion DmgIncGM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    501

    Default Boring?

    I haven't pvp'd in several years. Used to be 'better than average...

    Probably just a sense I get... but aren't most pre-made groups kind of boring? I'm referring to those matches where you are steamrolling over the other team. Yeh, shiz and giggles for a while but would seem to get old without regular challenges. Just curious.

  14. #29
    Rift Chaser Baalthorne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    386

    Default

    WFs suck now because there are too few who do them. Every match is a PM vs a PUG. Yeah it's easy to say well "Your pug should adapt" etc. This, however, doesn't work. No matter how much you say to focus down healers, and get objectives most PUG groups are doing their own thing or have no clue what is going on. That being said I do not think PMs should be done away with. If people want to group they should be able to. In my opinion the only way to fix PVP at this point is to increase the incentive for all to do it. This would enrich the pool of players and make matches more competitive. I'm not saying force PvEers to do PVP, but there are incentives that could be added into PVP that could entice them. Also exclusive had some very good ideas. I used to PVP very heavily in SL and at the end of NMT. I can't bear it in SFP. Going into a PUG every match with people who are generally clueless when we against a PM is just lulllllllllll. Also please bring back NB for rogues. That was our most fun PVP spec

    Make NB great again
    **** it dude. Lets go bowling

  15. #30
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sofeorus View Post
    I got an idea..... to keep the bads out..... you die? too bad you're out of the match someone else replaces you. better luck next time don't die :P

    Yeah cuz there is no possible way to exploit that ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts