+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: April Dev Chatter

Default April Dev Chatter

Today, I have more dev chatter to present. The following conversations were taken from the Skype Dimensions chat, Rift Community Discord, and the April 13th live stream.

Come join us on discord here: https://discord.gg/BQJnPQ6. As a reminder, Discord is more than just a pure voice service, it also serves as a text chat service similar to IRC and old style chat rooms, but far more modernized. This is primarily how it is used for Rift.

As usual, these have been anonymized, and edited for topic flow and some minor grammar tweaks. We got talk on a few topics, including some gear talk, a discussion on the recent PTS class changes, details from the twitch chat about iRotP, and full details on some upcoming changes to dimension boxes.

The purpose of these dev chatter posts is to summarize the general thoughts of Riftís dev team.

All details are subject to change, and should not be taken as 100% guaranteed to happen.

You can read the full article on The Ghar Station at:
    https://www.thegharstation.com/2017/...r-early-april/
    Rift Datamining, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Thanks again for compiling all this information, Clowd!
    It helps us all out.
    ;-)#
    Brasse

Shadowlander

Default Confused

How should I understand these two answers together:

Will iRotP dps requirements be tuned around eternals that are upgraded as much as possible?
    We will take that into account.

[What is the target audience for iRotP?]
    We are targeting the 75th percentile. not the 99th.

25% of the people who got their Eternal weapon already are the target audience? That would be about the 97.5th percentile with the release of IRotP?

Raid weapon drops from TD and IRotP are meaningless and alts will have to grind their Eternal to do these raids?

King of Slackers

Is this the April fools edition?

Which one of those energy starve, since thatís required now?
    You can also not flurry in Para and it should starve if youíre playing it without 1 button
    Not sure if i missed something, but even without 1 button, no 63. reg mastery and without TtB i'm not seeing the proc more than once a minute
    Keepro - King of Slackers
    Twitch
    Youtube
    World First & GuidesTartaric Depths - All Bosses & Smile and Wave
    Sorry, sarcasm falls out of my mouth, like stupidity falls out of yours.

I forgot to add some tentative PTS changes that several questions posted were in response to. These have been added to the article, and should help clarify the maelstrom + skyfall responses.

Quote Originally Posted by SFBETA View Post
    How should I understand these two answers together:

Will iRotP dps requirements be tuned around eternals that are upgraded as much as possible?
    We will take that into account.

[What is the target audience for iRotP?]
    We are targeting the 75th percentile. not the 99th.

25% of the people who got their Eternal weapon already are the target audience? That would be about the 97.5th percentile with the release of IRotP?

Raid weapon drops from TD and IRotP are meaningless and alts will have to grind their Eternal to do these raids?
    I'm not sure where you got "25% of people who got their eternal weapon are the target audience". The idea here is that the top 25% of the playerbase should be able to clear iRotP initially. Eternals are taken into account, but the actual Eternal quality weapon is probably being used by the top 1% of the playerbase, IF that, right now.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Some player in Europe is already on the very last stage of the weapon chain and "just" needs to kill High Priest Arakhurn 16 times, when iRoTP opens.

Would I be the odd one out thinking using the same currency for TD and iRotP is a bit off? The point of iRotP was to make it the traditional raid & gear model. If there is purchasble T1 (i.e. iRotP) gear and they use the same TD currency, one could just grind TD like crazy and buy a full armour set on iRotP launch. Doesn't that seem wrong? Yes, I realise they indicated iRotP bosses will drop more of the same currency than TD bosses, but still, unless we are talking a ten-fold difference or more...

And yeah... I firgured someone would be at the last stage of the eternal weapon by now....seriously, buy the poor soul a life.

PS> As always, thanks for teh notes.
    Last edited by Linolea; 04-19-2017 at 11:19 PM.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Clowd View Post
    Today, I have more dev chatter to present....You can read the full article on The Ghar Station at:
    https://www.thegharstation.com/2017/...r-early-april/
    Thank you, Clowd. I am so appreciative that you take the time to put this together for all of us.

Rift Disciple

Still nothing about updating intrepid IAs, or a new one.
    Still no word of a generalized complete 30 IAs weekly (I tried the 30 planar weekly, didn't make it past 4 before I couldn't stomach it anymore).
    Still nothing about a general event weekly (not wasting my time on the forced content method)
    Still no updates about chronicles being added to the random q and the rewards being updated.
    Guess i'll keep minion logging (log in numbers are useless by the way trion) til my patron times runs out and then........
    Co-GM of Haganai <Faeblight>
    GM of Filthy Casual <Gelidra>

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    one could just grind TD like crazy and buy a full armour set on iRotP launch. Doesn't that seem wrong? Yes, I realise they indicated iRotP bosses will drop more of the same currency than TD bosses, but still, unless we are talking a ten-fold difference or more...
    The Devs actually said it would probably be something like a ten fold increase.
    But you're right, as it stands at the moment, you can buy your way to bis armor as soon as the raid drops. Would be expensive though but I'm sure people are doing it. Holding my tongue on my real thoughts about this...
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    The Devs actually said it would probably be something like a ten fold increase.
    Oh an other grind increase? I mean you had to cap marks like 4 weeks for a chest piece in the past and now it will go up to 8 weeks if it is ten fold costs.

With a tenfold increase it makes more sense. That would be in proportion with the old weeklies generating a small amount of currency towards high-end raid gear etc. TD just being another avenue. Bear in mind one would be getting raid drops from the bosses as well, as per the traditional raid-gearing model. The tokens would be a bonus to fill out sets and for the unlucky (dropwise) people.

*EDIT* I noticed the weekly cap for the new currency is quite low as well, so there is a limit to the usefulness of grinding TD, at least for currency.
    Last edited by Linolea; 04-20-2017 at 06:58 PM.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Not to mention the 10 weeks of kills AFTER the item drops you need before you can upgrade and get the set bonus.

As a note here, if y'all want to see iRoTP for yourself, on the PTS.
    Last edited by Hepatits; 04-20-2017 at 07:19 PM.
    Hepatitis@Greybriar
    Rift Raids
    Mistakes Were Made
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast