+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Laeti

Thread: How do PVE players do it?

Champion

Default How do PVE players do it?

Since Cleric has been "deleted" from PVP, I find myself forced to try PVE again. All I only every did was PVP. Or World PVE for levelling.

I logged into the "busiest" shard as standard and queued for a dungeon. After waiting what seemed for ages a couple of times, I decided yesterday to time exactly how long it takes for a dungeon to pop. Yesterday evening I waited 1 hour and 32 minutes in a que. Then I just gave up, because my time was up. I mean, I do have a daytime job.

What's going on? Is this normal? Something must be wrong. There were lots of people running around the Carnival games, so I know it wasn't desolated. I've got a fully PVP geared level 70 character on EU Typheria.

Rift Master

Queues for DPS/Support vere always very long, even 1-2h used to be normal from what i recall. But overall my guess is that there's not many players left runing them with lower population and them beeing the only gruip content for so long. Also with how wasy TD is, it's kinda the new "expert dungeon" now instead.

I would think though that in a couple of weeks when more players get gear that needs dungeon boss kills for upgrade and the 100 dungeons for eternal weapon we will see more expert dungeons runs again.

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    Since Cleric has been "deleted" from PVP, I find myself forced to try PVE again. All I only every did was PVP. Or World PVE for levelling.

I logged into the "busiest" shard as standard and queued for a dungeon. After waiting what seemed for ages a couple of times, I decided yesterday to time exactly how long it takes for a dungeon to pop. Yesterday evening I waited 1 hour and 32 minutes in a que. Then I just gave up, because my time was up. I mean, I do have a daytime job.

What's going on? Is this normal? Something must be wrong. There were lots of people running around the Carnival games, so I know it wasn't desolated. I've got a fully PVP geared level 70 character on EU Typheria.
    Team up with guildies, or do LFM/LFG in chat - when you have full party - queue time is 0
    Or at least have all roles when using LFG tool solo.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

The best time to que for dungeons will be over the next few days and weeks to come. Most people are stuck leveling wicket from the eternal weapon quest and are putting off the 100 level 70 expert dungeons required for the next step until he hits 25. Mine is 23 as I'm typing this so it will likely be 25 by Sunday. In general Dps ques are slow in just about every mmo so that's nothing new, but probably even more so with people waiting behind the current gate.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 04-14-2017 at 05:30 AM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

How do PVE players do it?
    - they que for more than one role (usually a healer or a tank gets a faster pop)
    - they group up with friends or guildies to speed it up
    - they do other stuff while waiting for the pop instead of just standing there counting minutes (or at least chat with friends if there's nothing else to do)
    - they know that it does not matter which shard you're on since the que is cross-shard and it rather matters which time you're playing, since both clusters have their busy and low pop times (it's great to know these times to avoid playing in "dead" hours)
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

DPS queues in Rift have always been longer due to the need of a support class (that you usually are not allowed to play, as 3 DPS is faster) and some odd behaviours of the grouping tool.

This effect combined with how this game is currently set up, leads to a meta where people enter endgame content with a premade and speedclear over and over again. For you as a solo queuer/pugger this means that you are eventually not part of the club and definitly "behind the curve".
    Last edited by Ongar; 04-14-2017 at 05:44 AM.

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    The best time to que for dungeons will be over the next few days and weeks to come. Most people are stuck leveling wicket from the eternal weapon quest and are putting off the 100 level 70 expert dungeons required for the next step until he hits 25. Mine is 23 as I'm typing this so it will likely be 25 by Sunday. In general Dps ques are slow in just about every mmo so that's nothing new, but probably even more so with people waiting behind the current gate.
    People which will get 25 this weekend most likely would not queue solo - I would give at least one more week (but most likely 2) before SPE LFG will improve.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

I never PvP, I am always a PvE'er. And I find questing with a few IA's levels you up just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotunn View Post
    I would think though that in a couple of weeks when more players get gear that needs dungeon boss kills for upgrade and the 100 dungeons for eternal weapon we will see more expert dungeons runs again.
    This - I am hitting that stage in a couple days, and several people are already there. SPEs should be quite busy in the next few weeks, but tanks will always be in more demand, of course.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

+ Reply to Thread