+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Can they do something to fix crafting rifts?

Shadowlander

Default Can they do something to fix crafting rifts?

There are raids going around robbing crafting rifts from the main raid. People in the main raid aren't getting loot. It's incredibly annoying. Can they fix this please?

I guess one option would be to set them up like the NMR instance lures, but there would presumably be extra programming required. Another alternative would be to limit loot to the raid which opened the crift, but thet is somewhat counter to the open world nature of them.

To be honest, I doubt the rogue raids will last too long, given that the price of the matrixes will drop pretty quickly, thereby decreasing the incentive to chase after them. I expect sub 200pp matrixes within a week or so, probably sub 100pp inside a month... just guessing, but from experience. Once most people have the two pieces upgraded the demand will plummet. The point being, it will become a non issue quicker than Trion can implement a fix IMO.
    Last edited by Linolea; 04-10-2017 at 05:25 PM.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Ascendant

I don't believe they're 'robbing' you like you say. Your chance to get loot is not related to how many people are around. Sure they're leeching by not popping their own lures, but it doesn't make a difference to what you get.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Yeah this is seriously annoying. I wouldn't care if the loot weren't limited as it is. However you have people that actually use their lure get zero loot sometimes because of these groups that form to farm other people's lures/rifts.

Yes eventually everyone will get their upgrades and it will subside, but in the meantime we can't even have a low key crifting event in our guild without this nonsense from rude players.

We like to invite others (outside of guild) as well but have avoided that due to this issue.

Can we instance this or add something to lock loot to the raid group that used the lure?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    I don't believe they're 'robbing' you like you say. Your chance to get loot is not related to how many people are around. Sure they're leeching by not popping their own lures, but it doesn't make a difference to what you get.
    I would like to hear confirmation of this, as this hasn't been our experience at all. So long as it's just our raid, everyone gets loot. As soon as you get one of these other raids (or more) jumping in, some people (randomly) in the main raid group start seeing zero loot. It's either strangely coincidental or there's something more to it.

Additionally, people not getting loot don't get the option to use an IR charge (even though they have IR charges).
    Last edited by Noobly; 04-10-2017 at 08:04 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Noobly View Post
    I would like to hear confirmation of this, as this hasn't been our experience at all. So long as it's just our raid, everyone gets loot. As soon as you get one of these other raids (or more) jumping in, some people (randomly) in the main raid group start seeing zero loot. It's either strangely coincidental or there's something more to it.

Additionally, people not getting loot don't get the option to use an IR charge (even though they have IR charges).
    Let's back this up a bit, you are upset players are going up to an open world rift and experiencing the open world portion of a massive MULTIPLAYER online game....interesting

That being said no one is "robbing" your group of their loot, that's just not how it works. I've never experienced no loot even when two groups are running at the same time and have 40 people at one crift. If people in your group are not being prompted to spend charges for the extra loot roll then it's more likely they are not contributing enough to be eligible for loot.

Either way I really don't think anything should be changed other than disabling the ability to link a lure from the quest log

Rift Master

The loot in Crafting Rifts is Personal Loot. That means it's only for you and nobody else. No one is stealing loot from anyone there as long as you taged the riift. The chances of getting rare loot, as in matrices and motes, is very very small if you do not spend a charge for the loot.

If a player hasn't recieved any loot at all, and i do not mean no matrix or mote but normal crafting stuff, then that player hasn't hit a single mob in the whole 5-6 stages of the rift. Or in case of a healer, it hasn't healed a single person. I would be more concerned about those players, even if they opened one rift with their lure, than random ones coming tag/close it.

Shadowlander

This bug has been around since NMT, and doesn't relate to non-participation. I have personally experienced it on a few occasions when crifts were crowded (though not yet in SFP), and I was most certainly participating. Seems to happen more the larger the crowd gets, so there's some kind of hidden limit or a bug in the participation tracking.

Quote Originally Posted by MarginalSteve View Post
    This bug has been around since NMT, and doesn't relate to non-participation. I have personally experienced it on a few occasions when crifts were crowded (though not yet in SFP), and I was most certainly participating. Seems to happen more the larger the crowd gets, so there's some kind of hidden limit or a bug in the participation tracking.
    Agreed. I've experienced this myself, and I participate in every rift.

Quote Originally Posted by makerofwidows View Post
    Let's back this up a bit, you are upset players are going up to an open world rift and experiencing the open world portion of a massive MULTIPLAYER online game....interesting
    Not at all. I'm asking for something to be fixed that diminishes the experience of the open world portion on a MMO for others. Perspective.

Being rude in real life is irl open world content, but it's still being rude. Using the open world content argument for being a jerk doesn't make you any less of a jerk.

Plane Touched

This is a well known bug / feature :P. If the number of players at a crift exceeds a certain number (we would estimate between 35 to 50), random people will not get loot regardless if they are in the original group or the leechers. That's why leechers are not welcome because too many can cause the legitimate group members to loose out on their loot they should be entitled to as they are using their lures, which after all, are a limited resource (unless you are willing to spend credits).
    Moiran
    Immortal Tyrants of Gelidra
    Guild Website

Yes, there is a limit and some people will not get loot if the limit is exceeded.

Champion

You'd think Trion would have just instanced these by now if they weren't gonna fix the bug, but I guess that's expecting too much these days...

I bet they "can't recreate this bug" because they can't round up 35+ people to test with.

we are experiencing this too..
    more than 35 people and we will definately have some people with no loot.
    we often have 60+ people at a craft rift, especially on a weds/thurs evening.
    we moved our crift runs to a sunday night hoping less people would be around leeching, had exactly the same issue.

this may be less of an issue if there were also more TEARS in ashenfell. we often have to wait around or go very long distances + switch shard to find tears. so having 3 or 4 legitimate crift runs going simultaneously is just impossible, there are not enough tears for everyone to be opening that many rifts at once. this contributes to the 'lets just leech' attitude

yea.. i remember twice when I got nothing from crift I wonder why.. maybe because there was another raid stalking us

we can't say names on forum? the guy is H***@Brutwacht from guild Z******
    one person from them join your raid
    and tell them the spot
    few seconds after opening every rift and baaaam here they are a full pack of ppl from Z******

a) make some instance like for nmr.. can be empty like Dimmension Anywhere.. less work for you
    b) maybe some invisible wall around crift so nobody can get into it
    c) maybe some personal loot, that only ppl from raid where is person who oponed the lure will take loot... something like with that weekly in Plane of Water... that raid rift? with chest and essence in it .. you had to do 5 of them..Five by the sea or something like that
    Last edited by TankGirl; 04-11-2017 at 06:01 AM.
    Ascend A Friend Join me in RIFT http://bit.ly/1jS6dt2
    or if you already there, redeem this code - CEWPH7C3NH2TDNQH29Z3
    receive presents + 28slot bags and a mount for a good beginning
    POWER*LEVELING from x to 65 - pay with plat, rex or epic unstables - on EU and NA | WTS/WTT (EU) Bounty arts

King of Slackers

Be glad that i reported the problems of crafting rifts before 4.1.
    Trion could have reacted and changed the system (made them instanced, loot only for the opening raid like raid rifts in NMT, etc.) but they only changed the loottable so only level 65+ chars can receive rewards. Without proper changes a lot of people managed to make XXk platin & REX on NA and EU within the first 10 days of the new patch.
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons
    Youtube
    Twitch
    Ghar Station Discord

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast