+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree39Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Can they do something to fix crafting rifts?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by xcal1 View Post
    Why can't the crafting lure be like the expert rift event lures? So, (extra) credit only for those who put in the effort of gathering the materials required for the lure.

I don't mind leechers as long as the opening group is guaranteed loot and preferably more/better loot, meaning no Celestial Matrix/Motes for those outside the opening group.

Attachment 31326
    By far the most sensible suggestion yet.

This would require that crafting lures be classified as raid lures, and that raid tears are available in appropriate locations for their use.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDataDude View Post
    Relogging seems to clear everything up

Isp
    Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Mawd View Post
    By far the most sensible suggestion yet.

This would require that crafting lures be classified as raid lures, and that raid tears are available in appropriate locations for their use.
    And then you'll end up with 2 tears with bad respawn rate - and crift raids will take forever.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    And then you'll end up with 2 tears with bad respawn rate - and crift raids will take forever.
    NO

A properly designed system would have several tears with good respawn rate.
    That would eliminate all the issues, real and imagined, mentioned in this thread.

The whole crift situation is the way it is because that is what the community have made of it.
    Just another feature of the game that is chosen to be FARMED.

It is all a joke really.
    I mean, what's the point.
    Why not just be given a chest with a chance of the loot instead of a lure.
    It's not as if any skill is required in being 1 of 20 doing a rift that was designed for 5 and that can be soloed.
    Last edited by Mawd; 04-18-2017 at 09:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDataDude View Post
    Relogging seems to clear everything up

Rift Disciple

Why can't the crafting lure be like the expert rift event lures? So, (extra) credit only for those who put in the effort of gathering the materials required for the lure.

I don't mind leechers as long as the opening group is guaranteed loot and preferably more/better loot, meaning no Celestial Matrix/Motes for those outside the opening group.

Attachment 31326
    This is a fantastic suggestion. Great for the community too, since it motivates more people to open lures. Non-celestial loot for everyone who turns up.

As for the requirement that it be a raid lure, that's not set in stone. All it needs to do is behave like a raid lure from the celestial loot perspective. It doesn't necessarily follow that a raid tear is required.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
    As for the requirement that it be a raid lure, that's not set in stone. All it needs to do is behave like a raid lure from the celestial loot perspective. It doesn't necessarily follow that a raid tear is required.
    Let me clarify on this. It was never my intention to suggest it should be a raid tear. I was using the lure to point to an existing lure with a loot system I would like to see for the crift lure. Preferably, what type of tear to use it on, stays as it is now, but with an extra bonus loot to the raid that opened the rift. They invested time and material, where as the/a passer(s)by did not.
    Last edited by xcal1; 04-19-2017 at 02:14 PM.
    -- xcal

Rift Disciple

Let me clarify on this. It was never my intention to suggest it should be a raid tear. I was using the lure to point to an existing lure with a loot system I would like to see for the crift lure. Preferably, what type of tear to use it on, stays as it is now, but with an extra bonus loot to the raid that opened the rift. They invested time and material, where as the/a passer(s)by did not.
    Thanks for the clarification, and I agree. Well said!

Another point in favor of this design: it rewards folks who went to the time and expense of leveling their crafts.

BMX
    Shadowlander

Continued from the closed thread...

The other nite my guild was out running crifts and here comes another group. We were full as were they. We communicated between groups and shared lures for a couple hours. I personally popped 3 lures. No we didn't keep count on who popped how many. It was a great run with a ton of lures burned. Coop pays during the "ACTIVE PLAYER CRISIS".
    It was awesome! Added new friends to our friends lists as well.

Perhaps we can spend some energy on persuading Trion to come to the table with some repairs to the mass nerf they felt was sorely needed or better yet, bring some damn good content.
    Perhaps, one day we can stop with the poor me and start playing the game.

Rift Master

I thought I might just bump this thread to see if there is any further developments?

I noticed that the crafting rifts now drop boxes containing materials. Was this to try and fix the problem or not related?

bali

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    I thought I might just bump this thread to see if there is any further developments?

I noticed that the crafting rifts now drop boxes containing materials. Was this to try and fix the problem or not related?

bali
    The boxes contain regular farming mats. I think they implemented those to keep the loot bag from over flowing after every single RIFT is closed. It's much more manageable but not all boxes are the same because they contain different mixes of mats.

Champion of Telara

All this does is make it much more effective to bot through crafting rifts.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Quote Originally Posted by BMX View Post
    Continued from the closed thread...

The other nite my guild was out running crifts and here comes another group. We were full as were they. We communicated between groups and shared lures for a couple hours. I personally popped 3 lures. No we didn't keep count on who popped how many. It was a great run with a ton of lures burned. Coop pays during the "ACTIVE PLAYER CRISIS".
    It was awesome! Added new friends to our friends lists as well.

Perhaps we can spend some energy on persuading Trion to come to the table with some repairs to the mass nerf they felt was sorely needed or better yet, bring some damn good content.
    Perhaps, one day we can stop with the poor me and start playing the game.
    I've had this experience. There are great people out there in the Rift community so I don't doubt it.

Equally I've had the experience that we'd invite a group to join (that was obviously "looking" for crifts) and rather than help us close the ones we were basically opening for them (and just flat out inviting them to leech), they were just running around tagging. They would tag ours, then run off to tag another. We'd open one, they'd summon there tag it and run off.

So yeah we ended up heading to Seastone to finish our crifting night. Whatever I'm over it at this point really.

I'm sure we've got another idiocy spike since the new upgrades were added but we'll deal with it.

Telaran

Just make crafting rifts instanced, use the Shores of Terror (no one else is right now), make the instanced lure cost weekly mats plus some planarite or platinum (Trion hates our platinum for some reason) and everyone wins.

Telaran

Default RUBBISH

Quote Originally Posted by Phunkyisadwarf View Post
    There are raids going around robbing crafting rifts from the main raid. People in the main raid aren't getting loot. It's incredibly annoying. Can they fix this please?
    I never had so much fun Pirating Crifts. I have done it both ways, in a group with a lure and chasing Crifts with a pirate gang. The rewards are the same. The only difference is We pirates only need to tag and move on to the next rift and in the time it takes for groups with lures to finish their 20 crifts we have probably done 30.
    The reason Pirates need to tag and run is because we have no idea if, when or where the next rift will open so we have to position ourselves where we can reach any place on the map within a minute of discovering the rift.
    To make it interesting Crifts should be opened anywhere in the Celestial Lands. Now that would give us a real challenge.
    Last edited by Farmboy99; 05-19-2017 at 02:07 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5