+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Can they do something to fix crafting rifts?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by keepor View Post
    Be glad that i reported the problems of crafting rifts before 4.1.
    Trion could have reacted and changed the system (made them instanced, loot only for the opening raid like raid rifts in NMT, etc.) but they only changed the loottable so only level 65+ chars can receive rewards. Without proper changes a lot of people managed to make XXk platin & REX on NA and EU within the first 10 days of the new patch.
    The issue was widely discussed in several forum threads during NMT as I recall. It was well-known and easy to reproduce in a large group, and yet here we are. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by keepor View Post
    Be glad that i reported the problems of crafting rifts before 4.1.
    Trion could have reacted and changed the system (made them instanced, loot only for the opening raid like raid rifts in NMT, etc.) but they only changed the loottable so only level 65+ chars can receive rewards. Without proper changes a lot of people managed to make XXk platin & REX on NA and EU within the first 10 days of the new patch.

wait...what?? so.. you cant take crift weekly below 70... but you can have loot from it while 65-69? eee
    its like...
    hello
    you are too low for making lure
    but hey
    your lvl is high enough to leech
    Last edited by TankGirl; 04-12-2017 at 03:51 AM.
    Ascend A Friend Join me in RIFT http://bit.ly/1jS6dt2
    or if you already there, redeem this code - CEWPH7C3NH2TDNQH29Z3
    receive presents + 28slot bags and a mount for a good beginning
    POWER*LEVELING from x to 65 - pay with plat, rex or epic unstables - on EU and NA | WTS/WTT (EU) Bounty arts

Quote Originally Posted by TankGirl View Post
    wait...what?? so.. you cant take crift weekly below 70... but you can have loot from it while 65-69? eee
    its like...
    hello
    you are too low for making lure
    but hey
    your lvl is high enough to leech
    in our guild, most peeps are crafting the lures on their main chars and maybe an alt or 2 that is level 70 with the right crafts.
    then we transfer the lures to an alt specifically for running these rifts so we can use IRcharges for every rift without dipping into those needed by our main for TD.
    its a bonus that those alts dont 'have' to be level 70 to open the rift and get loot...
    but then considering we have had nothing to do in game since mid december, most peoples alts are level 70 and dungeon geared anyways.

It is so funny that suddenly when people think they miss loot start to complain about useless leechers. Really ?
    It is ok that since NTE and NMRifts the underperformes leech the Rifts ?
    It is also ok that people pulling 35k coming to QF and TD raids ?
    It is also ok that people queuing for dungeons and expect to get draged ?
    All that is ok and all the bla bla everyone has different learning curve , bla bla everyone can play as he/she likes is also fine as long as there is not a chance someone else could get loot.
    I am the weapon, my daggers are just tools
    Security Warning:This human beeing may use cynicism and sarcasm in a way you are not accustomed to, you might suffer severe mental damage
    Starfall Prophecy ALL Content cleared

"SP" crifts are first crifts for me, never done them before - didnt find it usefull for me

so now im doing, and i spend mats on it and not really like "sponsoring" :P
    but if its ok
    maybe lets all stop making lure and just find those 20 that are doing it
    Last edited by TankGirl; 04-12-2017 at 09:06 AM.
    Ascend A Friend Join me in RIFT http://bit.ly/1jS6dt2
    or if you already there, redeem this code - CEWPH7C3NH2TDNQH29Z3
    receive presents + 28slot bags and a mount for a good beginning
    POWER*LEVELING from x to 65 - pay with plat, rex or epic unstables - on EU and NA | WTS/WTT (EU) Bounty arts

Quote Originally Posted by Klingensturm View Post
    It is so funny that suddenly when people think they miss loot start to complain about useless leechers. Really ?
    I have seen people that use their lure get nothing due to some other raid of leeches. That's not cool and I don't know why anyone would tolerate that without saying something. If you do, well congrats on being a door mat.

I suspect this is just another one of those things that is too complex to be fixed but it's messed up the way it is. I certainly am done making lures for the bottom feeders and will wait for the mess to blow over.

Default Hmm... Okay

Quote Originally Posted by Klingensturm View Post
    It is ok that since NTE and NMRifts the underperformes leech the Rifts ?
    It is also ok that people pulling 35k coming to QF and TD raids ?
    It is also ok that people queuing for dungeons and expect to get draged ?
    All that is ok and all the bla bla everyone has different learning curve , bla bla everyone can play as he/she likes is also fine as long as there is not a chance someone else could get loot.
    Sorry, this doesn't make much sense. Maybe the OP is not clear/straight-forward... but the concern is that the folks popping the crifts are, at times, not getting drops... not the fact that others outside the group are getting drops.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Noobly View Post
    I have seen people that use their lure get nothing due to some other raid of leeches. That's not cool and I don't know why anyone would tolerate that without saying something. If you do, well congrats on being a door mat.

I suspect this is just another one of those things that is too complex to be fixed but it's messed up the way it is. I certainly am done making lures for the bottom feeders and will wait for the mess to blow over.
    Unfortunately, I doubt this is getting fixed. As I noted above, this has been going on since AT LEAST NMT crifts. I hit max level after the crift craze in SL, so I don't know if it was an issue then, but I have a funny feeling it's always been there.

You're better off just making sure you join a group of 20 and hoping that the leechers die down in numbers as the weeks go on. 15+ sets of loot out of a possible 20 is still better nothing, if you're intent on crafting / selling mats anyway.

I was pretty sure if the number of people participating on a CRIFT was over 55 people, then some people would NOT get loot!

Trion can respond here perhaps, but i remember that number from SL Crifts. So, if the number marked on the boss goes over 55, then some people will not get loot.. They said they addressed that, (i believe), but it was still broken.

So, if you have under 55 people, you should get loot. I have run them a lot and occasionally a crift doesn't produce loot for anyone at all, and I am not quite sure what is causing that, but i have seen it with even just 20 people. But that happens like once in a blue moon.
    OneButton (soon to be a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "If my life is for rent. And I don't learn to buy. Well I deserve nothing more than I get. 'Cause nothing I have is truly mine!"

Rift Master

Encouraging open world gameplay and people playing together in this, an mmo is never a bad thing.

This is a known issue since NMT and I hope we can get this fixed soon. It seems to be after 40+ players complete the same rift then anyone above this number will lose out on loot. I imagine it randomises 40 people. This should hopefully be easily fixable if the devs are aware of it.

We want to encourage people to be running about open world doing stuff. With this in mind lets fix this quick so people don't get put off wanting to do just that.

In my guild we try to do sunday evening runs, running about doing Rifts chatting on discord (hint hint more open world activities for guilds please!) and it is nice and relaxed and fun. I don't want to hold off opening a rift or being sad seeing lots of people turn up because the rift we opened might not give us shinies. Also can we have more than one zone to open them in.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #26
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    It seems to be after 40+ players complete the same rift then anyone above this number will lose out on loot. I imagine it randomises 40 people. This should hopefully be easily fixable if the devs are aware of it.
    If it were that easy, yes it would be easy to fix. But it isn't that at all.

There is nothing in the loot table that cares about how many players there are or how many players get a roll. Not a thing.

We have also tried repeatedly over the last few years to replicate the described behavior internally and have never been able to repro a case of a player that does a contributing act at a rift not getting loot.

The best guess I can make is that with that number of players it is simply hard for every person to do something that generates contribution to the rift closure. And if you don't get in a contributing action, then you won't get any loot.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    The best guess I can make is that with that number of players it is simply hard for every person to do something that generates contribution to the rift closure. And if you don't get in a contributing action, then you won't get any loot.
    Thanks for your feedback on this. I can confirm it isn't a non-participation issue. When you get "no loot" you do still get (at the moment) glass beads and planarite. Why would it give you that much if it doesn't have you flagged as participating?

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    Also can we have more than one zone to open them in.
    Yeah this would be nice.

Another recommendation would be to make crafting rifts just look like minor rifts (labeled as minor rifts, with no indication of how many are there) so ppl can't just camp them via the map.

Multiple times i have missed out on any loot because there was a whole other raid of folks following and killing the rifts with us! I was one of the top dps killing during those rifts and have even used my own lure and got zilch! It never happens if there are no leechers!
    Its a bad design that needs to be fixed! Period!
    Grl / Grrrl / Grrrrl / Grrrrrl @Deepwood <Hello Kitty> Grrrrl / Grl @Zaviel and probably more...

RETIRED

One wonders why it isn't possible to flag people in the raid at the moment the lure is popped to be loot recipients and no one else. Would that be too hard to code?

It would certainly solve the leecher issue.

By flag I meant flag for loot, not PvP, though some might like that
    Last edited by Linolea; 04-12-2017 at 08:45 PM.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    One wonders why it isn't possible to flag people in the raid at the moment the lure is popped to be loot recipients and no one else. Would that be too hard to code?

It would certainly solve the leecher issue.

By flag I meant flag for loot, not PvP, though some might like that
    This will not solve the leeching problem. Often times the leechers are already at the next tear before the lure holder has time to summon the rest of the raid. It is easy to predict where the group will go next with such a limited area and number of tears.

IMO the only solution to the leeching problem is to instance crafting rifts. Give us the option to do instanced CRifts as we had private NMR's. Those who wish to continue open world CRifts can risk being leeched but at least premade groups will get their fair share of loot from a private rift.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast