Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Dev Chatter - March 22 - 24

Default Dev Chatter - March 22 - 24

It's that time again! That's right, time for another dev chat roundup!

The following conversations were taken from the Rift Community Discord, live stream chat, the dimensions skype channel, and Seshatar’s stream.

As usual, these have been anonymized, and edited for topic flow and some minor grammar tweaks. We got talk on a breadth of topics, including cross shard trading, server tech improvements, details on the Farseer and Primal Lord souls, and insight into challenge servers.

The purpose of these dev chatter posts is to summarize the general thoughts of Rift’s dev team.

As usual, all details are subject to change, and should not be taken as 100% guaranteed to happen.

You can read the post in it's entirety at https://www.thegharstation.com/2017/...list-spoilers/
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Want something focused completely on Rift? Then join us over at the Heroes of Telara Discord!
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

You're the best, Ghar Papa
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 04-09-2017 at 03:33 PM.

Rift Chaser

Default Thanks... but...

Sigh. I appreciate seeing the information you provided Clowd but it would be a lot better if some kind of official communication was made to the playerbase from Trion. Having to get information in some kind of roundabout way- from some voicecon (and a dim one no less) is annoying. I see no need for any of this to be so hush hush. Transparency is a thing.

[Will there be buffs for Necromancer?]

Necro has a buff coming.
    No I don't want to see a "buff" I want to see fixes first. The "buff" needs to be fixing the things that are blatantly broken.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    No I don't want to see a "buff" I want to see fixes first. The "buff" needs to be fixing the things that are blatantly broken.
    Yeah, I haven't even bothered messing with necro because of all the issues with it right now. I mean, if it suddenly does 50k more dps even with the bugs, then i might mess with it a little, but I'd still rather have a not-broken spec to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    Keep in mind most of this was discussion taking place before 4.1 hit.

That being said, Necro did get a buff, but I agree that there are other issues about the soul that need to be addressed aside from buffing its damage.
    Want something focused completely on Rift? Then join us over at the Heroes of Telara Discord!

Quote Originally Posted by Andracleric View Post
    Sigh. I appreciate seeing the information you provided Clowd but it would be a lot better if some kind of official communication was made to the playerbase from Trion. Having to get information in some kind of roundabout way- from some voicecon (and a dim one no less) is annoying. I see no need for any of this to be so hush hush. Transparency is a thing.
    Before this, there was a lot of conversations and input that was gathered from a lot of different Skype channels and even PMs to groups/guilds, etc. A portion of this has at least now moved into Discord, where many people can join in.

Discord isn't JUST voice, it's also a text chatroom with multiple channels. It's more Slack/IRC with Voice integrated. Most people on the Rift community discord use the text chat. There is even a dedicated Ghar Station channel there, where I do post some freshly datamined stuff before it's posted to my site.

I don't think most of this is hush-hush. I think that live chat tends to be a much better avenue for discussing topics like this than the forums. Since it would be way too much work for the devs to remember all that they discussed on Discord, and move it here to the forums, myself and others helping me have done the work needed to create posts like this one.

Then again, that's just my opinion. I know others see this differently and prefer forum communication over anything else.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Keep in mind that Discord is one of many places Devs will converse with players. We also use the forums, reddit, social media, in game, private convos, livestreams and interviews/chats with fan sites, games media and so on.

Because we have SO many different communication platforms, it is almost impossible to copy paste comments across them all. Luckily, some of our players/fansites/creators provide us with help on this front, just as Clowd has done here. Perhaps they should be thanked more for this extremely helpful communication aggregation.

I'll go first... THANK you, Clowd! This is seriously great stuff.

This is how a community works. We help each other.

Access to any communication channel is governed by the people who run the channel. Some may find themselves banned from one or another, be it our official forums, Twitch, Facebook, or from fan-run arenas such as Reddit or Discord. Each one has its own guidelines and governance, and of course there is always the option to start new ones if the terms are not to one's liking.
    Brasse

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

I'll follow up by saying that instead of complaining, perhaps folks should bookmark The Ghar Station and use it as a very useful source of RIFT news tidbits. That's why Clowd goes to this effort - to help all players:
    http://www.thegharstation.com/
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 04-11-2017 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    I'll follow up by saying that instead of complaining, perhaps folks should bookmark The Ghar Station and use it as a very useful source of RIFT news tidbits. That's why Clowd goes to this efforts - to help all players:
    Thank you for your support Brasse. Words can't describe how much validation like this means to me!

Telaran

I'll follow up by saying that instead of complaining, perhaps folks should bookmark The Ghar Station and use it as a very useful source of RIFT news tidbits. That's why Clowd goes to this effort - to help all players:
    so does this mean that gharstation is the official rift discord????

Quote Originally Posted by Mexxxxxx View Post
    so does this mean that gharstation is the official rift discord????
    No. This just means that I'm a recognized fan site, and that my Dev Chatter articles are acknowledged as a good/legitimate source of information. My Discord contains a lot of datamining stuff that many players might find to be spoilers.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Clowd View Post
    This just means that I'm a recognized fan site, and that my Dev Chatter articles are acknowledged as a good/legitimate source of information.
    Do not sell yourself short. Having a source where everyone can go to see a summary of information from the devs is invaluable. Without your efforts, much of this information would not be available to the whole playerbase.

In short, thanks!
    !

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Andracleric View Post
    This ^^

I thought THIS FORUM was the official communication for Trion concerning all matters Rift. Silly me...

Plane Walker

Some may find themselves banned from one or another, be it our official forums, Twitch, Facebook, or from fan-run arenas such as Reddit or Discord.
    Discord is a little different than all of the other platforms you have mentioned above. If I am banned from any of those others, I can still read or see messages from the team. If I use a Discord in a similar manner to watch only and find myself banned, that is something I can no longer do. I am cut off.

That is why some people would ask the devs to please please please keep in mind how much information they are putting out exclusively through such a channel. And why I agree that everyone should absolutely bookmark the Ghar Station and tip their hat to the work that is being done there to communicate to the entire community.
    !

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast