+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 36 Bosses no Engine

Shadowlander

Default 36 Bosses no Engine

Anyone else having trouble w/ this ? It's getting expensive and extremely frustrating. Sighs

Same

I know it's not meant to be done in a week, but the number of charge packs I've bought is rising in the double digits, and I still need 5 engines. I can't compete in DPS without them pls halp.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 04-08-2017 at 10:16 PM.

Telaran

Yeah, I was spending money on trying to get these to drop for my toon. I'm not quite at 36, only 34 here. No engines. I'm not spending anything else on charges for any of my toons until this mess is fixed. When you are running the instance this much, there is no way the drop rate should be this damn low. WIth DKP or SK, you put in effort, and you will eventually get results. With this, you are put an infinite amount of effort in, and still get nothing because the RNG doesn't like you. It needs to be looked at, or maybe make engines able to be bought with a LARGE chunk of shards. Please Trion, I've been having fun, but this drop rate is completely burning me and many of my guildies out.

Champion of Telara Holyroller12's Avatar

I jumped on last Monday with 100 charges. 44 bosses in and i'm only missing 1 earing, neck, ring and boots. Missing the helm, but that'll be crafted when I get around to it anyway. Not to mention 5 engines as well. I'm still sitting on 44 charges with a pack of 5 from the weekly box in my bags and then 10 more when it resets again as a patron.

The people having bad luck can take a look at the numbers: https://imgur.com/r9LXFZZ?r
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 04-08-2017 at 11:24 PM.
    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Default I feel your pain

I lost count of how many times I have run Tartaric Depths. I went through 80 IRC and 2 50 pack IRC I have only recieved 6 Engines total.
    For the amount of plat and cash we have dumped into this instance it's very frustrating

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by bazahzisha View Post
    Anyone else having trouble w/ this ? It's getting expensive and extremely frustrating. Sighs
    With a 5% dropchance on an engine it`s still in the realms of unlucky.

Shadowlander

I have bought at least 5 charge pacs (x50). I started w/. 85 I have only gotten 3 engines. Yes I have spent some IRC on crifts.

I burned 60 charges and got only 2 engines.

Gating gear behind RNG that we have to pay to get past is lame, can we have tenebrean engines on the rift store for ethereal shards, please?

Champion

Yet you guys are still buying charges. If i were Trion i would say mission acomplished and be happy with the system working as intended.

With the way this seems to be set up, you would need a very large sample size to show if something isn't working well. So far the numbers here are sadly too small for that and just fall under the "unlucky" teritory. Since it's they who set the chances for the drop rates, i'm pretty sure they know how many runs it would take on average to finish the full set and they are fine with it (it's like this by design).

Also considering that only a minority visits these forums and are thus not representative of the player population, from Trion's words, you won't have any real impact on the system untill more players come to add their voice or stop buying the charges. And even that's not a guarantee, since it tends to take them over a year to change things back or at all.
    Last edited by Jotunn; 04-09-2017 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotunn View Post
    Yet you guys are still buying charges. If i were Trion i would say mission acomplished and be happy with the system working as intended.
    Have to agree with the above. All of you complaining know it's random, you should know that means some players will get lucky whilst others won't.

You keep on throwing away money, more fool you.

working as intended

Soulwalker

If the drop rate is 5%, then the probability of getting no engines 36 times in a row is 0.95^36=0.16. That is 16%.

On average people get 1 engine every 20 bosses. However some people are very lucky and get 4/36 and others don't get a single engine out of 36.

This is exactly the reason why I don't like RNG. People should be rewarded more evenly. Trion loves adding lots of RNG to the game, but there is no good reason to have it. You could give every player 1 engine for every 20 bosses. For example by adding a new currency which can be traded for engines.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dudelol View Post
    working as intended
    Without money no raiding
    If IRotP comes out before mid/end of June all players who do not pay for charges and are unlucky with drops will properly not be able to do the new raid.

First the CoA itemization to extend the lifetime of the raid then TD and with IRotP it seems they are also doubling the time(current PTS state) to get your gear with the old system.

If you are not able to deliver content just let the playerbase grind at least twice as much?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Rivkah View Post
    I burned 60 charges and got only 2 engines.

Gating gear behind RNG that we have to pay to get past is lame, can we have tenebrean engines on the rift store for ethereal shards, please?
    but... you don't have to pay for it.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    I jumped on last Monday with 100 charges. 44 bosses in and i'm only missing 1 earing, neck, ring and boots. Missing the helm, but that'll be crafted when I get around to it anyway. Not to mention 5 engines as well. I'm still sitting on 44 charges with a pack of 5 from the weekly box in my bags and then 10 more when it resets again as a patron.

The people having bad luck can take a look at the numbers: https://imgur.com/r9LXFZZ?r
    This is just another example of how broken the system is. With such dichotomy, something is clearly wrong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast