+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 36 Bosses no Engine

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Austinex View Post
    Actually, that wasn't the case. The item dropped but there were 19 others in the raid who could get it so there was a 5% chance. Of course, this does not include groups where they had a loot system in place. Also, you could only run the raid once per week unlike TD which allows you to run it as many times as you have charges to get loot.

I have yet to run a TD where everyone in the group got nothing but fragments. Also, realize killing the boss does get you currency where you can buy the items.

The pressure will be even greater for the engines since without engines, how viable will you be with just the dropped gear in the iROTP ?
    The difference with "proper" raid drops is that items can be traded. The raid can dictate who gets the items. Once player X has all the upgrade items they need, player Y will get them by default, etc etc. It trickles down until everyone is happy. Really, the biggest issue isn't the drop rate, it's that the engines are automtatically soulbound. Make them account bound and tradeable like normal raid drops, and 90% of these problems go away.

The old raid system was one raid lockout per week. TD's "advantage" is that it can be run multiple times per week, and that's one of the counterarguments here defending this new system. But what about the time invested? Sure, it would take several hours to clear a raid initially, but by the time the tier was near its end, a good group could knock out RoF / IGP / CoA in an hour. Some TD groups Take an hour, even some guild runs if you have unfortunate rng / are carrying some peeps.

So it becomes a matter of having to run TD half a dozen times each to get the same kinds of drops you can get by spending an hour in the old raids, once they're on farm. And looking at iRoTP right now, we (you, my one remaining foot is inching ever closer to the door) might be in TD for the entire expac. That's why TD is such an awful grind. That "farm" period where competition over loot dies down will never arrive, it's just you versus the cruel rng mistresses. RIP alts, in like the 4th way to date.
    Last edited by Boxsmith; 04-14-2017 at 08:28 AM.

Frankly I dont see too many advantages over the old system. What they did compared to the old raid system is this (imo):

In the past raiding was like climbing a mountain. Going uphill is somewhat challenging (progression phase; when you dont know the setup, strats, low gear), while getting downhill is alot faster (farming phase; when people have experience and equip). So what it meant was depending on the phase you raided, raiding was either hard or easy. At the same time it meant that casuals or latecommers or pretty much everyone that didnt go for world/region/server first - as long as they could pull their way - had an easy time jumping in, getting things done and getting fully rewarded. And thats the nature of vertical progresson MMOs, if you want to be on the bleeding edge, you will suffer, but if you wait, things are rather smooth.

With Introduction mode (no loot drops), Universal Intro mode (full tier behind) and LFR (half tier gear only if upgraded), they basically removed the progression phase and you start with the easy farming phase right from the get go, but at the same time you are a lot less rewarded or you have to chain farm that LFR thing to be effective.

So from my perspective someone that farmed lets say TDQ back in SL was way better off than someone that farms TD. So I think the SL model was alot better than the NT or SFP model. In retrospect they could have added a grouping tool for raids like TDQ or iDH that were ultra PuG friendly and you would have had the best of both worlds.
    Last edited by Ongar; 04-14-2017 at 10:13 AM.

Telaran

I got today 3 items in 3 runs and all are doubles and the only items I have from the 3 different bosses #loverng.

An other hint that the loot rates are broken is that only water and earth planar fragments are dropping.

Done at least 20 runs so far. Got one engine so far and 7 pieces of gear lol.

I don't plan on buying charges.

Shouldn't have to.

Telaran

Default Leeching, PTW - what it feels liks

I killed over 100 bosses now, and received 3 engines.. I got my first one around boss 45.
    A guild mate received 6 engines before boss 45, though didn't get his first gear drop until boss 45.
    So super random, what are they using a 50 sided die?

The amount of credits being splashed around is crazy. Among many other things, this is just another reason many of my long time players/Friends/Guildmates are leaving the game. End content is weak, leeching more cash now than ever. And now gear wants you repeating weak content x 10 x 100 etc.. is a bore / turn off. I see many come back and try new expansions/updates with hopes...., just to leave again..

Sad
    Last edited by Zendure; 04-19-2017 at 06:59 AM.

In response to being able to buy engines for tokens a Dev is quoted as "maybe." There is a lot of stuff in the April Dev chatter summary:

https://www.thegharstation.com/2017/...r-early-april/

Shockingly, at least to me, they plan to use the same currency in iRotP. 2,200 hit requirement, expect 25% of playerbase to do iRotP, eternal weapons a consideration in the balancing etc. Oh and the same engines as gear upgrade pieces ...

For those that have done eleventyhundred TD runs, at least all those tokens will fast track iRotP level gear piece purchases.
    Last edited by Linolea; 04-19-2017 at 09:08 PM.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    Shockingly, at least to me, they plan to use the same currency in iRotP. 2,200 hit requirement, expect 25% of playerbase to do iRotP, eternal weapons a consideration in the balancing etc. Oh and the same engines as gear upgrade pieces ...

For those that have done eleventyhundred TD runs, at least all those tokens will fast track iRotP level gear piece purchases.
    "LFM iRoTP - be fully engined and eternal or no inv".

I think the old mistake is repeated here, that the game looks only at players that are fully invested in the game, but forgets about latecommers and returning players. In the past at least getting T1 ready required you nothing more than doing Expert runs. Now you need to chain run LFR and have to do an epic questline as build up.

As the past has proven Rift is not unwilling to change its endgame systems and the current one frankly needs a complete overhaul. A good start would be to have only full tier raids and building the upgrade system with that in mind.
    Last edited by Ongar; 04-20-2017 at 02:14 AM.

Shadowlander

The engine requirement is frankly kind of stupid. I can 4/4 crystal set with expert gear, but the instant I go to Raid 1 gear, then I have to go through another upgrade path to get it into set gear? WTF? I think I understand the premise behind it like another grind, but a visionary amender isn't enough?

Rift's RNG and weighting system is messed up in my opinion and has been since day 1. The statistics of people's RNG where I see people getting engines over and over again and other running dry for over 50 to 100 boss kills over such a large distribution doesn't make any sense to me. Trion never explains their rationale or even their system, so it's always suspect.

I mean, even vegas slot machines have to be certified to an advertised payout, how is this any different?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Ongar View Post
    "LFM iRoTP - be fully engined and eternal or no inv".

I think the old mistake is repeated here, that the game looks only at players that are fully invested in the game, but forgets about latecommers and returning players. In the past at least getting T1 ready required you nothing more than doing Expert runs. Now you need to chain run LFR and have to do an epic questline as build up.

As the past has proven Rift is not unwilling to change its endgame systems and the current one frankly needs a complete overhaul. A good start would be to have only full tier raids and building the upgrade system with that in mind.
    And by fully invested, you mean dropping a crapton of cash to get what they need? I see people dropping CE notices asking for 20 rex at a stretch in lump buys and we wonder how people get stacked so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Methadras1 View Post
    The engine requirement is frankly kind of stupid. I can 4/4 crystal set with expert gear, but the instant I go to Raid 1 gear, then I have to go through another upgrade path to get it into set gear? WTF? I think I understand the premise behind it like another grind, but a visionary amender isn't enough?

Rift's RNG and weighting system is messed up in my opinion and has been since day 1. The statistics of people's RNG where I see people getting engines over and over again and other running dry for over 50 to 100 boss kills over such a large distribution doesn't make any sense to me. Trion never explains their rationale or even their system, so it's always suspect.
    Personally I second a possible solution someone else presented earlier. They could make it like the crifts - always get a mote or two when burning charges on a boss, and a full engine if you are lucky. Then allow xx motes to be combined to make an engine. I imagine such an approach would remove 99% of the RNG exasperation.
    Last edited by Linolea; 04-20-2017 at 08:41 PM. Reason: for clarity
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

30 runs, about 120 bosses, and 1 engine lol. Haven't had a set bonus in almost two weeks.

Telaran

Default Another 36 Bosses down this week and not a single ENGINE

The main reason this is extremely annoying, is that my Armor Raid gear sits in my bag awaiting an engine. (I have every raid piece available, and ready for upgrade for weeks now, with no engine in sight)

Why in my bag? Because of NO SYNERGY CRYSTAL SET !!
    Even world gear and dungeon gear have the synergy crystal set, and the upgrade path is to increase stats, not to make it compatible with synergy crystal set.

Please increase engine drop rate, but at least make raid gear compatible with synergy crystals prior to the upgrade path to increase stats.
    Last edited by Zendure; 04-21-2017 at 11:59 AM.

BMX
    Rift Disciple

Yeah, we love RNG!!
    I have multiples of the same item and perhaps another useable item could drop.
    On the engine front, 2 active toons and 3 engines between em.
    Dunno if they are still tuning this instance but hopefully they are.

Plane Touched

Default Who said it's 5%?

Is there a reliable source for the supposed 5% drop rate?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    Shockingly, at least to me, they plan to use the same currency in iRotP ... and the same engines as gear upgrade pieces
    Would it be wise to hoard engines once you have enough for your 4-piece bonus? How soon will we see people advertising TD 2/4 engine farm?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast