+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: 36 Bosses no Engine

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    Cuz they're upgrade parts and upgrade parts haven't been available for tokens, ever.
    That's weird ... IIRC there is a whole section of the equipment part of the store called Upgrade Components, or words to that effect. Most of them are bought with raid or similar currency. These are different how? Other than not being available in that part of the store, of course.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    That's weird ... IIRC there is a whole section of the equipment part of the store called Upgrade Components, or words to that effect. Most of them are bought with raid or similar currency. These are different how? Other than not being available in that part of the store, of course.
    Are you being deliberately pedantic?

Heart of the Frozen. Heart of Crucia. Heart of the Planebreaker. Soul of the Bloodstorm. Eye of Madness. Do you know what these items are?

Engine = raid dropped upgrade component. Those have never, ever been sold in the rift store.

The key words "raid dropped." Fair enough with that clarification. It certainly seems as if they are supposed to be generally available, given how many people (including you ... all but 5 pieces, right?) have received already. Hence the engine more resembles the token-bought upgraders than the rare hearts/eyes which were available on a much more limited basis. The intent with the engines is clearly quite different to the ole raid- and CQ-dropped pieces.

Hence it seems reasonable that they be available, for the new currency, in the store. Particularly if iRotP is tuned around the assumption that people have a fully upgraded set. Had the drop rate been rare (1% for example) then it would be a different thing altogether. Just because something was a particular way in the past is no reason why it should continue to be so, especially given how trhe LFR is a completely different model with different loot rules compared to old raids.
    Last edited by Linolea; 04-09-2017 at 09:15 PM.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

When I remember the concerns of the anti LFR faction over the years, that you - as it was proposed - had to do one additional run per week, which could lead to burnout in their mind. And now people are running this thing +- 10 times/week...

Should those upgrade parts be in the shop? Maybe, but as people are running this thing til they have what they want, no matter how long it takes, its kinda unlikely. When we look at what LFR means in Rift and how this content is positioned, we might as well come to the conclusion: "Eveything is going as planned."

Also I think that those activities will sooner or later be mandatory for raiding. Maybe not with iRotP, but with the raid after. Historically with T1 they will hold back a bit, but with T2 they usually look at what gear power people at the top have (no matter how much they have grinded for it) and do the initial tuning with that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ongar View Post
    Historically with T1 they will hold back a bit, but with T2 they usually look at what gear power people at the top have
    Not really, Historically content used to be harder,
    And with the way Trion is going, when they say i:RoTP is gonna be hard, its just gonna be "hard" for the casuals and those people on top most likely wont have much problems with it,
    Same would be with higher tier raids.
    If they are actually gonna be hard as in real difficult, then it'd be kind of a miracle
    I has some Prim guides, some are not outdated and still work in 4.1, check them out in the prim guides section

Rip Bishoujo/Franneliese/Carlli/Trollica

Soulwalker

IRC (Individual rewards charges) & Packs Charges (5, 20, 50) = S C A M.

Zan ~ MainTank. ~ wipin raids since 2001 ~

1-(1-p)^n

Binomial Distribution
    Cap'n Morgan's Law

For extra funsies consider the practical impact of variance.

Shadowlander

Default Maenwhile

Now 40 bosses no engine.

Cuz they're upgrade parts and upgrade parts haven't been available for tokens, ever.

Overall, we're getting the same number of engines, if not more, as we did hearts of the frozen, eyes of madness, etc. They're just less guaranteed and some people have been far more lucky than others. It's also frustrating because you need it to get set bonuses.
    Didn't need Hearts of the Frozen or Eyes of Madness to get your Crystal set bonus, or gear in the first place.

They were for Weapons + Making your Armor relic for a tiny stat boost if you had extra.

Tenebrean Engines are 100% required on all slots filled by TD, otherwise you lose your set bonus, and are looking at Expert quality stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    Didn't need Hearts of the Frozen or Eyes of Madness to get your Crystal set bonus, or gear in the first place.

They were for Weapons + Making your Armor relic for a tiny stat boost if you had extra.

Tenebrean Engines are 100% required on all slots filled by TD, otherwise you lose your set bonus, and are looking at Expert quality stats.
    No, that means you need 4.

Baseline LFR gear is a bigger jump from expert than expert to T1 in NMT.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 04-10-2017 at 12:57 PM.

So I added in 20 charges from the $20 pack which put me to 100 when the patch hit and then got 5 from my weekly box last week which I consumed. I don't need anymore engines now. Just another ring, neck and some kills. I will purchase boots.

Last edited by Holyroller12; 04-10-2017 at 08:54 PM.
    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Lets face it: RIFT is simply too small for the DEVs to support content really tuned to "hard core raiders". If they tune stuff for the 0.01% of players always crying here everybody else (even normal raiders) will never complete that content while it is relevant. Is there any way to tune stuff for the top 0.01% and also make it viable for the normal raider apart from extra hard modes? And how much extra work is it to do those hard modes?

I know they need all the players the can get, but maybe they should simply say "RIFT is no hard core raiding game, you want that go somewhere else. Same for PVP".

No, that means you need 4.

Baseline LFR gear is a bigger jump from expert than expert to T1 in NMT.
    Purely because of how this expansions stat inflation has effected scaling, which everything is being developed with that in mind, the tier gap is the same model as the upgradable accessories from NMT, they didn't make it bigger suddenly.

Tenebrean Engines aren't Hearts of the Frozen/Eyes of Madness, they're Epic quality Amenders, we're just not crafting them, we're supposed to be looting them, the problem is, some people aren't.

Loot in general is rather screwed in TD, some people are almost full geared in 10 runs with drops, and others have gone over 40 runs without a single piece of gear or engine, I don't see why suggestions or discussion on trying to normalize that a little is a bad thing, not like people are asking for free gear.

Besides this is a whole new gear acquisition system they're trying out for raids that's already completely different from the old system, so I don't see why it should also somehow follow all the trends of the old system, and no changes could be made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

A foole & his money,
    be soone at debate:
    which after with sorow,
    repents him to late.

Jiva@Faeblight
    <is Defenseless>

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    Loot in general is rather screwed in TD, some people are almost full geared in 10 runs with drops, and others have gone over 40 runs without a single piece of gear or engine, I don't see why suggestions or discussion on trying to normalize that a little is a bad thing, not like people are asking for free gear.

Besides this is a whole new gear acquisition system they're trying out for raids that's already completely different from the old system, so I don't see why it should also somehow follow all the trends of the old system, and no changes could be made.
    Yea, personally if I had the choice to run 6+ dungeons til Im Tier 1 ready like it was in the past or running the same LFR over and over again, I would take the dungeons without a second thought.

And also we dont know if there will be a Tier 1,5 LFR after iRotP or they will go directly to a regular T2 raid leaving the LFR feature at Tier 0,5 for this xpac. Thats basically the pink elephant in the room and as long as we dont have clarity on that front, making suggestions for future gear progression and endgame systems is kinda tricky, not to say pointless.
    Last edited by Ongar; 04-11-2017 at 09:17 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast