+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: 36 Bosses no Engine

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Dico View Post
    If the drop rate is 5%, then the probability of getting no engines 36 times in a row is 0.95^36=0.16. That is 16%.

On average people get 1 engine every 20 bosses. However some people are very lucky and get 4/36 and others don't get a single engine out of 36.

This is exactly the reason why I don't like RNG. People should be rewarded more evenly. Trion loves adding lots of RNG to the game, but there is no good reason to have it. You could give every player 1 engine for every 20 bosses. For example by adding a new currency which can be traded for engines.
    We will rely less on lockboxes and gambling and instead give you the much fairer individual reward charges lol.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by bazahzisha View Post
    Anyone else having trouble w/ this ? It's getting expensive and extremely frustrating. Sighs
    Random is random. I got nothing but rocks from the first 44 bosses I killed in TD. On my next run I got 3 pieces of gear.
    Last edited by Bigguss; 04-09-2017 at 05:13 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by dundare View Post
    We will rely less on lockboxes and gambling and instead give you the much fairer individual reward charges lol.
    In theory the raid marks are your rescue net from bad luck but only if all the stuff would be buyable with marks.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    The people having bad luck can take a look at the numbers: https://imgur.com/r9LXFZZ?r
    That's a nice "data" screenshot that shows nothing realistic. There is zero guarantee that the 30th time has greater odds than the 1st time to generate loot. If there was a system in place that each kill without loot increases the odds of loot from the next kill, then this screenshot would actually show meaningful information.

This data-oriented chart was generated by a data-oriented dev in order to create a false sense of security of the illusion that you are not rolling RNG dice every kill.

Stop spending money on loot CHANCES. It has a ZERO% chance guarantee to provide loot and is just as bad as loot crates; that for some reason people continue to dump money into and then become upset when it yields no rewards.
    Last edited by Deeew; 04-09-2017 at 07:59 AM.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.

I must be the luckiest guy around, I've done TD like 5 or 6 times, 2200 Hit and 5 Engines But it's just me because everyone else in my guild and friends list is having serious problems with Engines too.

And BTW, Edit to add:

I'm shocked about the amount of money that players are spending on this, we don't have even a real date about I:ROTP release, we don't need the hit yet nor the Sinergy Crystal bonus either but even so people is gifting money to TRION :s

It's only my personal opinion but the most money people spend on this, the less chances than TRION change the system....

You are playing to their "game" guys
    Last edited by Shelenia; 04-09-2017 at 08:23 AM.
    Legendary Arkkam, The Dragon Tamer.
    Cleric of Inner Circle, Gelidra.
    Formerly known as Franark of Apotheosys, Typhiria

Just put Tenebrean Engines in the Upgrade Parts section for 2000 Ethereal Shards.

Gives a backup acquisition if drops are unlucky, and gives us a bit of a shard dump for when our armor slots are filled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    The people having bad luck can take a look at the numbers: https://imgur.com/r9LXFZZ?r
    Does looking at those numbers improve your luck? They only made me feel stupid for looking.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    This data-oriented chart was generated by a data-oriented dev ....
    I thought Holyroller generated the chart. Did a rift dev really generate it? What did the dev say that the numbers mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguss View Post
    I thought Holyroller generated the chart. Did a rift dev really generate it? What did the dev say that the numbers mean?

Nope.
    Pretty sure.
    The numbers are meant to represent your odds of not getting any loot, X kills in a row from a particular boss, with 1 being 100% chance. But it is just data, and doesn't actually mean anything in the reality of rift.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.

https://gyazo.com/f51996c28fe1078a610af34a2e2bcfae

It doesn't meant that if you don't get loot for 10 kills, your chances of getting loot is 4% or whatever. It means that your total chance of not getting loot from 11 kills is 4% (which sounds low, but those unlucky people are going to be the most vocal and visible).

It's just a simple probability table. It's not based off data.

Assuming the data is an accurate representation, loot should drop 25% of the time. It seems weird to me that the engine drop rate would be 5% and not 12.5% (i.e. half of all loot drops), or something close to that. You ultimately want one engine per loot piece (I am assuming they all require one per upgrade - haven't seen all the gear yet) so if the engine drop rate is actually 5%, that would be silly. The gear would be piling up and waiting for engine drops.

Having run the dungeon 6 times, I have gotten 4 engines and about as many other loot pieces (earring, sword, belt, gloves IIRC). That said, did everyone expect to be fully geared in the first 10 days? In my case either I was insanely lucky with engines, or the loot drop rate is closer to half gear and half engines.

Yes, while failing to get something in xxx bosses does not mean the odds have changed on the next boss, but the a priori call that you will get said item in xxx bosses is a statistical value which can be estimated in advance. Therefore, after running xxx bosses and not getting said item, it could reasonably be said to have had zz% chance of happening. If it is happening to a disproportionaltely large contingent of the playerbase, then something weird is going on.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    That said, did everyone expect to be fully geared in the first 10 days?
    When you've spent credits for 10 charge packs (the equivalent of months of normal raiding)...

Not entirely P2W yet then. Here's wondering how good gear will even need to be to clear iRotP. That said, I totally agree that engines should be available for the tokens gained in TD. Why aren't they? Makes little sense to me.
    Last edited by Linolea; 04-09-2017 at 07:15 PM.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    Not entirely P2W yet then. Here's wondering how good gear will even need to be to clear iRotP. That said, I totally agree that engines should be available for the tokens gained in TD. Why aren't they? Makes little sense to me.
    Cuz they're upgrade parts and upgrade parts haven't been available for tokens, ever.

Overall, we're getting the same number of engines, if not more, as we did hearts of the frozen, eyes of madness, etc. They're just less guaranteed and some people have been far more lucky than others. It's also frustrating because you need it to get set bonuses.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 04-09-2017 at 07:22 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast