+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Eternal Weapon Upgrade Path Thoughts.

Funny is, how Brasse in the stream and around says an "epic quest" like this should be "extraordinary challenging",
    Closing x rifts is not challenging, beating experts or TD is not challenging, doing 1k invasions is not challenging either. Its just griiiindy, boring and takes quite some time, its extraordinary frustrating, not "extraordinary challenging".
    Leveling a minion isnt challenging either, its just as many others say, a gating which takes people back to Tempest Bay AFK(TM) State.
    Killing zone event colossi isnt really "challenging" either... its just stressing and nerve cracking at most, to participate in the event to get the boss to spawn, mount up and rush towards it to see some L70 bursted it to death just before you arrived is not fun, neither challenging, it just makes you want to smash your screen after a few repetitions.

The jumping/falling/whatever puzzle isnt really challenging for normal folks either, sure for people with limitations I know its pita, but its because of their real life limitations, and the thing in itself isnt real hard for people without any problems.

Now, can someone tell me where of this boring grind is "extraordinary challenging"?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bishoujo View Post
    Now, can someone tell me where of this boring grind is "extraordinary challenging"?
    The challenge is to not destroy your own hardware during the grind

... it just makes you want to smash your screen after a few repetitions.

Plane Touched

did someone actually expect something?

I want to have to jump from a mountain top onto a zone event boss God of War style and have to harvest his scales as part of the Eternal quest.

I want to get Akylios between 18 and 19% to make him vulnerable to harvesting and harvest his eyes to be able to make the hilt on my Eternal weapon.

I want to farm 5551 Squirrel Tears in freemarch to polish my Eternal weapon's blade.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Plane Walker

Let's call a spade a spade.

The only reason they have such a long quest with time gates is because they are not as close to releasing iRotP as they want players to think.
    #endthedoublestandards

At least you only have to level the minion once and can skip that step on alts later on
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

the challenge is how fast you can figure out why you're wasting your time.

Quote Originally Posted by sirdiggby View Post
    the challenge is how fast you can figure out why you're wasting your time.
    Well I wouldnt even go grab the Et weapon but my GF wants the wep and wants to nolife grind for it and drags me along
    Poor Poor me

Champion

Just to play a bit of "devil's advocate" here: It is nice to see other people in Rift actually doing Rifts for a change. They haven't been a thing since ages.

Does the questline also include nightmare Rifts? Because I think it should. LOL!

Rift Disciple

I definitely agree that the upgrades should involve new feats to achieve , not grinding out old outdated content for no other reason than to upgrade a weapon . If they had released the Eternal weapon quest at the start of SFP then it would have been tolerable . By now none of us need for example , anything from say doing 100 SPE's . There is no gear there we need and the tower marks are worthless . If they would add some of the new raid gear currency to say the Experts and Zone Events, then it would be of some value to grind these other than just for a weapon upgrade . Same with the crafted gear , give us new challenges to upgrade not 200 footholds and 200 crater Elites . They are simply forcing us to do old content simply because the have none of the new content for us that was promised . It would be nice to have some NEW new content also not an old raid repeat . Like HK for example I believe we have seen at least 3 times now ? That will probably be our next 20 man , return to return of the return to H.K.F !!!

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Churchhill View Post
    As a long time and loyal player from beta, I can say this crap is the final straw. Killing what little interest I held onto, I can't bring myself to grind out that many mundane, stressful and overall burnout oriented tasks. Even if I did grind it all out, there would be no desire to even play the game after that. It's easy to say who cares that you're going to stop playing but from my perspective, if /I'VE/ had the fun burned out of me ( seemingly on purpose as if the devs hate their playerbase) then others are certainly going to follow the same path.

Rift will probably actually be dead this time within the next two years if this continues like all the trolls in xevents whine about all day.

It's bittersweet.

It's not designed to be done in a day.

It's like a monthly quest. You can grind it non-stop for hours on end to finish it but why? It's a monthly quest. You have a month.

Some parts of the Weapon quest isn't fun or interesting. Why they are there who knows. The mobile app floating ball crap being one of them. That's a c*ck block for a lot of people which is sad it's even there. They'll never ever get their weapon. Very sad design.

But it's design is to give you something to do for a long time. If you want to try and grind it out in a day. Well that's on you. Do an hour then do something else. It's not like the weapon is even needed to kill anything in the game anyway.

They should have gated it. This month is the first part. Next month it the next. And so on. That way the content lasts longer.

There is no need to grind in non-stop until you are done. It's sad people are doing that.

Soon they'll be crying they have nothing to do. Because they think they need to finish everything yesterday:P

By now none of us need for example , anything from say doing 100 SPE's . There is no gear there we need and the tower marks are worthless

Seeing how I have not run any SPE yet, am 2k hit but still with green/blue mix...

speak for yourself, but not for everybody..

Grind.. most likely... annoying and frustrating... very likely....
    but given that people complained about not having much to do and now complain about having to do it all instead of getting it on a silver platter rightaway...

It is still your choice to either do it all or sit and wait till something else pops up that you do like..

You can also take up the challenge and come up with alternatives for quests, storylines, content, quest requirements for the eternal weapons...

Trion is trying.. maybe not the best way to do it this way...
    But it is always easier to burn down the house than to help build it up

Prophet of Telara

Funny is, how Brasse in the stream and around says an "epic quest" like this should be "extraordinary challenging",
    Closing x rifts is not challenging, beating experts or TD is not challenging, doing 1k invasions is not challenging either. Its just griiiindy, boring and takes quite some time, its extraordinary frustrating, not "extraordinary challenging".
    Leveling a minion isnt challenging either, its just as many others say, a gating which takes people back to Tempest Bay AFK(TM) State.
    Killing zone event colossi isnt really "challenging" either... its just stressing and nerve cracking at most, to participate in the event to get the boss to spawn, mount up and rush towards it to see some L70 bursted it to death just before you arrived is not fun, neither challenging, it just makes you want to smash your screen after a few repetitions.

The jumping/falling/whatever puzzle isnt really challenging for normal folks either, sure for people with limitations I know its pita, but its because of their real life limitations, and the thing in itself isnt real hard for people without any problems.

So what would you put in for a challenge?

There is nothing Rift has ever made that was challenge. Rift of only that because you are depending on other people who have different skill sets. They gate you. It's not challenging.

So what would be challenging?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissibow View Post
    Text
    Uhm, if someone wants to grind their life to get the Et wep, its their choice, if someone wants to get it in a year, its still their choice.

But those who want to grind should be able to get it as fast as they want and progress, and not have to wait for a Minion to get upgraded to 25, given Minions are not even a main part of the raiding side of the game and just a side feature.
    Minion part to a lot of people means: go back to AFK'ing in TB like you previously were

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    Just to play a bit of "devil's advocate" here: It is nice to see other people in Rift actually doing Rifts for a change. They haven't been a thing since ages.

Does the questline also include nightmare Rifts? Because I think it should. LOL!
    It should have been everything.

And you have to mentor down as well.

Hunt Rift, Strongholds, NMR, Raid Rifts.

Clear every 5 man in the game mentored down to the right level.

Clear GSB mentored down Etc.

Things like that.

It should have been a journey through everything Trion has done PvE wise up to this point. All should have been able to use their new LFR button. Sadly it's not.

They really did swing and miss.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast