+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Welp, guess I'm done playing on alts

Default Welp, guess I'm done playing on alts

The eternal weapon grind is too much. I already hate it and I've only done the first quest. I don't even know if I'm seriously going to be able to force myself to complete the grind chain. I don't know if I'm even going to want to log in to RIFT to grind my head against a wall to complete this garbage after a few days. Is this game even meant to be fun anymore?
    Last edited by Xydru; 03-29-2017 at 04:15 PM.

Is the fully upgraded weapon that much better than much easier to get weapons? Is this something we need to do our jobs or just an epeen thing where the weapon isn't actually better at all or is .0001 better so technically it is best-in-slot but the difference isn't noticeable?

I am NOT disagreeing with you I simply don't know the answer to my question - and people in other threads have said just ignore the <expletive deleted< weapon it isn't a big deal to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xydru View Post
    The eternal weapon grind is too much. I already hate it and I've only done the first quest. I don't even know if I'm seriously going to be able to force myself to complete the grind chain. I don't know if I'm even going to want to log in to RIFT to grind my head against a wall to complete this garbage after a few days. Is this game even meant to be fun anymore?
    If Rift has something like a epic 1./1.5/2.0 its not meant to be easy and you should be glad they did.

I think all mmo's should have special weapon quest.

I did everyone of them on eq 1 1.0's 1.5's and 2.0s, camping the rare spawns and killing place holders for hours.

Yet I've just returned so I have not looked into that yet..but if its a really and trully epic quest for a special weapon you should be grateful,

I de leveled a eq1 character briefly just so I could use a 1.0...the point is a lore special weapon. I like that its not required, if it was the standard, everyone did it, and had it, I would not be motivated to bother.

I really like to go beyond and enjoy rare or hard to come by treasurers and curiosities. Yet its like gold, if everyone had a truck load it would be worthless. Cheap, generic. Not an accomplishment to have.

If Diamonds grew on trees people would line fish tanks with them.

In the case of epic weapons, the value is also defined by the effort and what you endured. It should also have interesting lore and special properties with a pretty design.

It should be designed the quest, so no sane person would try, yet not be totally dependent on others ''no cheats''.

Endless grinding/hunting is traditional in these cases, with rare spawns with rare drop chance each time it spawns, for a needed item..and...you should need 6 of whatever it is or other things from other places of the like.

In addition it should not be, a guaranteed turn in because when turned in once by any player, the npc de-spawns, for a time...and they are killable by other players. Just like eq1.

It should not be gated behind limits of earning x tokens for x days though, if you can do it you should be able to do as much as you can, could take you 3 days or 6 months dependent on a verity of factors.

That is the excitement, you need a strategy also even to attempt it. You caught one break in eq1 some reagents are class specific. The point of all this is not mmo masochism, but the item, when you attain it, its value and special nature. You have really done something epic.
    Last edited by Questoften; 03-29-2017 at 07:16 PM.
    Truth is Beauty, Beauty Truth..

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Dorotea View Post
    Is the fully upgraded weapon that much better than much easier to get weapons?
    If you are a rogue for example you get 4% dmg increase for your whole raid and a minimum of ~30k dps(~100% gcd usage) if you can keep up your stacks and then you get the superior stats of the weapon compared to easier to get weapons.

So as a rogue your weapon is maybe 100k dps(for 10 man content) more valueable than the alternatives.
    Last edited by Primalistnomore; 03-29-2017 at 07:00 PM.

You are the only one forcing yourself to do this. If you don't want to do it, then don't. Be free!
    If you still want the rewards, you need to reset your expectations, or you're going to be unhappy. You can't have it tomorrow, sorry. But you can have it eventually if you work on it slowly.
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 03-29-2017 at 07:21 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    You are the only one forcing yourself to do this. If you don't want to do it, then don't. Be free!
    If you still want the rewards, you need to reset your expectations, or you're going to be unhappy. You can't have it tomorrow, sorry. But you can have it eventually if you work on it slowly.
    Classic Rift had epic weapon questline as well.
    It actually has a full pledged storyline, and do force you into experts and raiding like eternal weapons do now, HOWEVER there wasn't go kill that thing 1000 times, and go farm this item 1500 times involved.

Just saying.

Just use the TD and eventually iROTP weapons if you don't want to grind the eternal. Or take it slow and not burn yourself out on tons of rifts.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    It actually has a full pledged storyline, and do force you into experts and raiding like eternal weapons do now, HOWEVER there wasn't go kill that thing 1000 times, and go farm this item 1500 times involved.

Just saying.
    what weapons are you referring to i dont remember any questlines for epic weapons in vanilla rift. unless you are refering to NMT and those were different since they werent bis.

and if there were i doubt those were bis as well.

just to add to the OP why do you feel the need to grind the weapon? you DONT need it. if you really want it dont force yourself to grind mindlessly. these things were designed to keep people busy to that end only, to make the game more "alive" since there was no reason to really do anything.
    Last edited by sirdiggby; 03-29-2017 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post

Just saying.
    In Classic Rift you got the BIS Weapon only from Raids/Endboss and only One or Two Personīs from the 20.

Just saying.
    > English is not my native Language <

Look on the bright side, at least they didn't copy the exact same thing from wow, but made it shorter(longer) grind and more interesting(stupid) then it should have been.

At least if you are going to copy stuff, try to make it better then its source is always a good way to go rather then downgrade it.
    Pupueffekt@Laethys TD 4/4 IROTP 4/4
    Orphanage - Laethys Rift美服华人工会 You can you up, No can no bb

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aresz View Post
    In Classic Rift you got the BIS Weapon only from Raids/Endboss and only One or Two Personīs from the 20.

Just saying.
    The existing quest requires you to farm the same raid over and over anyways you will end up with enough mote to fill the entire raid actually.

Just saying. Oh and even better when someone comes along and everyone has it already you can just give it to the new guys, than having them to run thru the same raid over and over again.

/sigh

I've started doing the weapon quests, but seeing the requirements (as a casual player), I doubt I'd be anywhere near done before the next expansion just makes us start over with new weapons to get.

It doesn't seem like anything lasts and just gets scrapped trying to make it so everyone starts from a clean slate. Even the currencies change frequently (no, not always, but frequently), making us start over, rather than converting at a reduced rate. My point is, there is no real reward for long-term loyalty, so I'm getting an attitude of "why bother".

Of course I'm posting this after trying repeatedly to get the 15 cosmic particles and failing (highest was 12 once, 11 twice). The red ones are just evil! Edit: Got it first try today, but I can still see how some (medical, computer lag, etc) will have problems with it. I like what someone else suggested, making it allowed to also do it as a duo or group thing (in case of issues).

The carnival currency did stay the same, so that's a plus. Yay, new earring!
    Last edited by Tazendra; 03-30-2017 at 02:11 PM.
    Aelare@Wolfsbane R ~ Josielynn@Wolfsbane M
    Dawnalynn@Wolfsbane C ~ Tazzendra@Wolfsbane W

Quote Originally Posted by sirdiggby View Post
    what weapons are you referring to i dont remember any questlines for epic weapons in vanilla rift.
    That would be The Saga of the Endless which was a quest chain that started at level 20, took you all the way to level 50, needed multiple expert runs, an expert rift, a raid rift, a massive elite in Stillmoor and, finally, obtaining a material by killing Lord Greenscale who was at the time the end-game raid boss.

An example of the reward would be Scourge which, at the time, was secondary only to the relics dropped by LGS.
    Last edited by Meteorblade; 03-29-2017 at 11:54 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    That would be The Saga of the Endless which was a quest chain that started at level 20, took you all the way to level 50, needed multiple expert runs, an expert rift, a raid rift, a massive elite in Stillmoor and, finally, obtaining a material by killing Lord Greenscale who was at the time the end-game raid boss.
    Sounds more fun than just "Kill 50 zone event colossi and defeat 1000 invasions"

Soulwalker

Default tl;dr eternal weapon quest chain

1 new jumping quest
    1 minion quest
    tons of grind

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast