+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 23 of 23
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: I quit Rift because of 4.1

  1. #16
    BMX
    BMX is offline
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Currly View Post
    I waited patiently for 4.1 Kept paying my sub, as I have since year one. So now an obvious essential part of future play (Eternal Weapon) is released with a long quest line. First part of upgrade has absolutely nothing to do with rift. Click an item and you skills disappear and are replaced with some completely unrelated 2 button floating, falling game within the game. learn a whole new skill set for no reason what so ever. This crap was met with nothing but disdain When in a dungeon you were transformed into robots to fight the first boss, People who like doing this do achieves, and puzzles, etc. that have no real bearing on game play. For you to jam it down people's throats for a "must have" weapon, is complete horse dung.

    I have put up with declining quality, lack of content, miserable imbalance, and a general apathy from Trion since Daglar left.

    Well this is the proverbial straw that broke this camel's back. Instead of screwing around with replaced skills, put some real effort into your game and maybe, just maybe you'll retain and possibly grow your player base.
    While I don't view this weapon as a must have, I do see the quality and quantity of content is no longer being considered. LFR has eliminated guilds as a requirement. During SL we wouldn't dream of looking for a pug or two on cross events. Now cross events had been used to get a group for QF which was marginal and being done out of desperation.
    Nerfing classes and making one "flavor of the day" is the in thing. Free to Play was not a bonus to the general health of the game in any way. Although this did affect the revenue stream in a much larger way.

    PvP (Which I refuse to do). How they think that old content will fly with the peeps that enjoy PvP, I cannot fathom. I feel for those of ya that enjoy PvP cause my guild had (Yes, had) many players that would group up for a premade and get lotsa good times in there.
    Would be nice to hear my guildies exuberance in voice chat killin one another, laughing and cussin one another.

    Raiding (Which is why I play Rift)
    Here comes the LFR, do we even need guilds anymore? What happened to guilds being relevant though working up guild level for the perks that came with it? Raids no longer require progression. *scratches head* This isn't what raiding was all about! We have the new raid on farm before the first day is through!!! Good grief, now what's to do, oh yeah, we get to fix all of our broken specs and park the toons that got nerfed. THANK YOU VERY FRIGGEN MUCH PEEPS!!! The times we had raiding with our guild groups are over, sad to say. Do I miss 7 nite of raiding going on in my guild with nary a pug, You bet your arse I do!! Do I miss the competition between raid groups for fastest clear of raid, indeed I do!

    General content.
    The days of logging on, Saturday morning and not even getting in game before a Ninja invite appeared on my screen cause my then GM was grouping up for hunt/great hunt rifts...
    Where is the rep grind group content?? Yeah, it became routine but in the end there was a reward for participation. Not just a reward for showing up, we had to actually participate. This too was eliminated in order to make guild membership irrelevant. I spent a great deal of time helping my guild with their rep grind, long after my rep was done. Did that gladly cause peeps helped my rep grind and I owe it to those that need the grind, just the same...

    So much for a once amazing franchise...

    Issues,
    Class flavor of the day needs to go away.
    Scaling of classes needs done. PROPERLY...(No more PhD requirement)
    Raids need to be scaled appropriately so progression is part of the experience.
    PvP needs revamped severely for the PvP'ers to actually find it a good experience.
    Rep grind needs some group activity aspect.
    Conquests???
    Zero promotion of game. How is this keeping the game going???
    PROMOTE THE GAME ALREADY!!

    Active playerbase.
    It seems to have gone to crisis levels during NT. Now it's Defcon 5 proportions. How can the company et al have enough cash flow coming in?

    Trion Team,

    We the people need our experience to be based on what the game had brought us from the beginning. Game play style is part of that. Forcing peeps to park toons in response to being screwed by a nerf is not acceptable. We expect some form of value in an expac, it's your job to deliver... Yes, that means get crackin' and make some new (non intrepid) content whether it's raids, PvP, rep grind. Dump the LFR and we'll zone into splinters like we always did. Make guilds relevant again. I keep using the term value, learn its meaning and apply it, you'll be surprised at what an active playerbase does to revenue stream and its affect on your damn paycheck! At the rate we're going, you'll be wishing you weren't sitting there writing an expack called a resume. No, I'm not saying that in jest. If the playerbase continues to drop, none of us will be playing Rift...

  2. #17
    Ascendant Artewig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,873

    Default

    I spent a couple hours in TD yesterday and then about 8 hours grinding my weapon (all I have left in my current stage is to level the minion).

    My biggest gripe is that the content was delayed a month to provide a more polished build. This is not polished. We went into TD as soon as the shards came up to attempt world first and on the third boss, the final person with the reactive crashed, causing the reactive to disappear. We wiped quickly in hopes of making up the lost time, but the boss wouldn't reset forcing us to reset the instance and start over. In addition to that, the roles resetting and ability cooldowns now showing caused issues and lost time as well.

    These three issues were reported on the pts months ago. The fact that they ever made it to live is absolutely unacceptable. How can you delay a release to "make sure it is polished" and then release it as is? It's insulting that you would consider this to be a polished release. Why bother waiting the month if some of the same issues weren't going to be fixed?

    Sorry, but this was a huge opportunity and you blew it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

  3. #18
    Rift Chaser qUiXui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    These three issues were reported on the pts months ago. The fact that they ever made it to live is absolutely unacceptable. How can you delay a release to "make sure it is polished" and then release it as is? It's insulting that you would consider this to be a polished release. Why bother waiting the month if some of the same issues weren't going to be fixed?
    Except that pointing out those shortcomings...

    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    [...] is counterproductive. All of these bugs are known issues, and in progress.
    Axynia - Pagefault - Segfault - Xinira
    <Transcendent>
    Inactive

  4. #19
    King of Slackers
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    711

    Default

    Meanwhile EU weapon progress...



    primetime
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch


  5. #20
    Plane Touched dunkelst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Anyone having fun yet? I'm sorry to be this negative, but having to kill event bosses of which some don't even count isn't very fun if it's dead most of the time before you even arrive.
    Seeing the other steps (over 600 rifts in total especially) isn't very motivating as well.

    Before this weapon upgrade system we had to do "challenging" content (read: raids) to get the best gear. Now it's just a mindless grind.
    I just don't see how this chain can be fun to anyone. I want to enjoy rift, I wouldn't have sticked around for so long, but it gets hard to do so.

  6. #21
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    345

    Default Well said BMX

    You pegged it- "Here comes the LFR, do we even need guilds anymore? What happened to guilds being relevant though working up guild level for the perks that came with it?"

    Fact is- guilds are no longer relevant. There may be some RPG or some social groups that benefit from guilds, but teaming with a known group is not really needed.

    I like raiding too- but frankly I enjoy teaming in any event where I know the players, their abilities, and their roles. I enjoy organized teaming and progression. Frankly- most of my guild liked that as well- as most of my guildies left the game or stopped logging on. I have a handful of newer people, returnees, and those who like dims and questing left- but no raiders.

    Really- most of the guildies I have left stay out of a sense of loyalty and friendship- not need.

    Being a team oriented (non-role-playing) GL is lonely these days.

  7. #22
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Currly View Post
    I waited patiently for 4.1 Kept paying my sub, as I have since year one. So now an obvious essential part of future play (Eternal Weapon) is released with a long quest line. First part of upgrade has absolutely nothing to do with rift. Click an item and you skills disappear and are replaced with some completely unrelated 2 button floating, falling game within the game. learn a whole new skill set for no reason what so ever. This crap was met with nothing but disdain When in a dungeon you were transformed into robots to fight the first boss, People who like doing this do achieves, and puzzles, etc. that have no real bearing on game play. For you to jam it down people's throats for a "must have" weapon, is complete horse dung.

    I have put up with declining quality, lack of content, miserable imbalance, and a general apathy from Trion since Daglar left.

    Well this is the proverbial straw that broke this camel's back. Instead of screwing around with replaced skills, put some real effort into your game and maybe, just maybe you'll retain and possibly grow your player base.
    I'm going to piggyback on this guy and say I too quit after Starfall came out. My reason was a little different. As I was heading out of the main area, I came upon a regular (non-elite) mob that might have been 1 level higher than me and killing it took FOREVER.

    Before Starfall, I could have fought 3 of those and been just fine, so what does this imply? That trion is making all mobs harder and thereby forcing grouping.

    Forced grouping is not what I was looking for. I have a pet and he and group just fine, or did anyway.

    Having an update nerf me to this extent drove me out of this game as it's not fun if I can't grind on mobs. I'll watch for balance updates now and then but this was really disappointing.

    It never ceases to amaze me that devs think that forcing people together in the hope that "new bonds of friendship will form that will make that player stay and pay" is still a thing.

    Many people, like me, want to be embiggened without the hassle of others.

    Take care, maybe I'll log in again one day if things change.

  8. #23
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    I spent a couple hours in TD yesterday and then about 8 hours grinding my weapon (all I have left in my current stage is to level the minion).

    My biggest gripe is that the content was delayed a month to provide a more polished build. This is not polished. We went into TD as soon as the shards came up to attempt world first and on the third boss, the final person with the reactive crashed, causing the reactive to disappear. We wiped quickly in hopes of making up the lost time, but the boss wouldn't reset forcing us to reset the instance and start over. In addition to that, the roles resetting and ability cooldowns now showing caused issues and lost time as well.

    These three issues were reported on the pts months ago. The fact that they ever made it to live is absolutely unacceptable. How can you delay a release to "make sure it is polished" and then release it as is? It's insulting that you would consider this to be a polished release. Why bother waiting the month if some of the same issues weren't going to be fixed?

    Sorry, but this was a huge opportunity and you blew it.
    Pretty much what my thoughts are. I dont see polish on this. The grinds arent fun on the weapon and active upgrades. TD is very underwhelming.. Not to mention i had crashed some 20+ times throughout the day and continued to do so this morning.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts