+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Intermediate Pack - Ascended Weapon Questions

Soulwalker

Default Intermediate Pack - Ascended Weapon Questions

A few questions regarding the Ascended Weapon in the Intermediate Pack...

1) Do the stats increase as you level or are they static and based on what level you open it?

2) Do you get to pick your weapon or is it based on what you are currently wielding?

3) If you are playing a character that uses two weapons do you get both, i.e. dual-wielding rogue, sword and shield warrior? Won't complain if it's only one, just curious.

Just curious as I've seen different games handle this type of thing differently and I've only been playing Rift for five days now.

Thank you in advance.

Welcome to Rift!

1) All the "ascended" tier items like this weapon will scale every few levels, from level 1 until the cap of the item (which mostly depends on when that item was released), so this one will be decent until you hit 70. The hit it gives you at 70 is high, which lets you get into things sooner, but the actual stats are not that great.

2) It's based on the class of the character. For example, my cleric got a 2-handed hammer, my warrior a 2-handed sword, and my rogue got two 1-handed daggers.

3) You don't get any tanking-specific weapons/shields, but realistically, below level cap you don't need tank-specific weapons to tank.

The different ascended items have all had various special bonus effects on them, this one has a 10% token currency bonus so you'll wanna keep it around even after you hit cap, so you can equip it when you turn in weekly quests, etc.
    Last edited by Serein; 03-29-2017 at 12:42 PM.
    Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP 3/4 TD

I haven't bought (but I will this evening), but based on previous items:
    1) the stats increase as you level

3) the weapons you receive are unrelated to those you are wearing. You will get 2 1Hs on a rogue, because that's all you can wield. You may get a 2H or 2 1Hs on a warrior. I doubt you will get a shield.

Plane Walker

very very happy after reading this post, cos it made me check my alts..
    the weapons, bag, mount etc are sent to EVERY char you have!!
    enjoy!

Soulwalker

Thanks for the responses. I guess I'm dropping $20 tonight.

Exclamation excuse me

sorry to drop in.
    I purchased the pack today got the cool mount, bag, and all on all my toons!

but I found that none of the Ascended Weapons take any Ascended Powers Buffs, all saying they require a higher level weapon. I've tried on 4 classes several levels of toons and powers. is this a bug or as intended?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo401 View Post
    sorry to drop in.
    I purchased the pack today got the cool mount, bag, and all on all my toons!

but I found that none of the Ascended Weapons take any Ascended Powers Buffs, all saying they require a higher level weapon. I've tried on 4 classes several levels of toons and powers. is this a bug or as intended?
    Yep. Extremely disappointed that I can't use vampiric essence on it.

Angry more fail

Quote Originally Posted by wvjeepguy81 View Post
    Yep. Extremely disappointed that I can't use vampiric essence on it.
    looks like side-kicking unequips them too...

They unequip in Intrepid Adventures too. I think this must be a bug to do with the scaling of the weapon.
    Faeblight Forever!

Without disagreeing in any way about the weapon - I do think the package is worth it for those for whom $20 isn't that big a deal. Certainly any altoholic.

A very good bag for each character. A good mount for each character. A weapon for each character that may not be perfect but isn't exactly bad either especially with the built in bonuses.

I don't even know what the other things do - presumably something of at least marginal use at level 70 but even if they are useless I am glad I got the package.

Exclamation more problems

Quote Originally Posted by Dorotea View Post
    Without disagreeing in any way about the weapon - I do think the package is worth it for those for whom $20 isn't that big a deal. Certainly any altoholic.

A very good bag for each character. A good mount for each character. A weapon for each character that may not be perfect but isn't exactly bad either especially with the built in bonuses.

I don't even know what the other things do - presumably something of at least marginal use at level 70 but even if they are useless I am glad I got the package.
    oh yes its a nice package, I just have found the weapons seem to be under tested.

problems:

*10% token boost not working right Thread: 10% token boost from Ascended Weapon in $20 Intermediate Pack not working

* not allowed to use during side-kicking [up to match level ie 65] not tested in mentoring [down leveling]

* no Ascended Powers allowed to be used on them

Soulwalker

Ascended Weapons for me I'm afraid are utterly stupid

I have the following characters and these are the weapons I got

Primalist - got a great axe so good start

Tank Cleric (defender) that uses a mace and shield ( this is how you start even on charater build screen ) - I get a 2H mace completely defeating point of character

Rogue Archer - I get an axe and dagger - brilliant (not) but at least usable

Tank Warrior - again uses a sword and shield (again how the character classes shows on creation screen)_ I get a bloody 2H sword again defeating the build

Cleric Druid - I get a 2H hammer - usable - pity the stats are actually worse that the stanard 2H hammer you get from doing a PUG intrepid adventure

and finally

Mage - get a staff - finally something in line the character and actually better than the item I had

I actually have the Intermediate pack on another account as well but as the 2 main characters on that account are Shied and 1H weapon Warrior the ascended weapon will once again be useless

So overall - not really impressed at all - after all how differcult would it have been to allow a choice of 1H + shield , 2 x1H or 2H weapon

If you want to pigeonhole yourself, perhaps RIFT is not a good fit for you. You're not a tank, you're a Cleric. You're not an Archer, you're a Rogue. They have to be a little more generic, because let's face it, 98% of people would complain way louder than you if they got a shield instead of a hammer. And if you're questing in a tank role you're doing yourself a disservice.
    On your Rogue, you may be using Ranger or Marksman, but your bow is purely cosmetic. Getting a scaling ranged weapon would make you weaker than the one-handers you got.
    And why should a weapon you pay be better than something you can earn ingame?
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 04-10-2017 at 02:42 PM.

Its been a few patches but unless I missed something in the notes the Intermediate package weapon is still mostly unusable in IAs and PAAs. A bit disappointing for something that we are actually paying real money for, since this is obviously a bug not a design limitation.

Has anyone else heard anything new on this? I know the issue isn't important at level 70 but many people that buy the package do so in the expectation that they will use it to level-up "alts".

NOTE to anyone considering buying the package - don't let this bother you the package is worth it to any altoholic just for the mount and the bag alone not to mention the weapon when outside of IAs.

Isp
    Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Dorotea View Post
    Its been a few patches but unless I missed something in the notes the Intermediate package weapon is still mostly unusable in IAs and PAAs. A bit disappointing for something that we are actually paying real money for, since this is obviously a bug not a design limitation.

Has anyone else heard anything new on this? I know the issue isn't important at level 70 but many people that buy the package do so in the expectation that they will use it to level-up "alts".

NOTE to anyone considering buying the package - don't let this bother you the package is worth it to any altoholic just for the mount and the bag alone not to mention the weapon when outside of IAs.
    Latest patch:
    * Fixed an issue with Ascended Fortune (10% token boost) not working on Ascended weapons.

Patch notes often incomplete - maybe they fixed some other issues with weapon too.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast