Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree329Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Wait what... crafting dailies give no exp now?

Quote Originally Posted by Gharn View Post
    I don't know if Trion gave a clear answer yet, but if they look at the logs and find a dreadful amount of people leveling their characters through "free" means, instead of showing their face in the open world, then it their choice to push people out.
    So, you would rather have all of them running Gyel Fortress, and hiding in that dungeon?
    Based on what you said, you would actually see them more in the *world* doing crafting than running Gyel Also, crafting is NOT *free!*
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

One of the great things about Rift has always been the flexibility provided with regard to how players choose to level characters. Why decide to add a restriction now, six years after launch?

What next, no XP for doing IAs, because they too can be used to power-level?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Oddr View Post
    And this is the mentality that Trion has that is pushing players away from the game. PLAY THE WAY I THINK IS RIGHT BECAUSE YOUR WAY IS WRONG!

Here is an interesting revelation. You wouldn't die from leveling on crafting dailies either! As a former player that had max levels of every class, and multiples of some, leveling gets incredibly boring. Not only that, but for some players, they like to actually focus their time on their main character rather than spending all their time working on an alt while they could have actually been progressing their main. Crafting was simply another of MANY methods to level.

But by all means, keep pushing people away!
    This is a prime reason people use crafting to level. Minimum time to play. Focus what time you have on a character you're trying to build up while having another class or two in the wings slowly growing until you can get to them one by one.

Crafting, even with a 180 pot is very slow leveling. It takes day's to make a level that way.

Not ment to be played? IA's aren't the game either. They are a very fast exp gain grind around playing the game. They should be removed by this consideration.

Questing and battling baddies is what RIft is and how we should gain exp to level? Then please remove exp from Warfronts. We can call that arena fun time. It is also not what an rpg is ment to be if those are the factor's of an rpg game we look for to validate these things. Make them a side show strictly for entertainment.

The point is that I'm oldschool, and experience was not something you went on chasing related to crafting. It was materials or anything beneficial to progress or make your fortune with crafting.

I don't know if Trion gave a clear answer yet, but if they look at the logs and find a dreadful amount of people leveling their characters through "free" means, instead of showing their face in the open world, then it their choice to push people out.

Why are alts secondary in terms of focus for you? If you want to focus on your main character, then what is the purpose of leveling an alt you barely use? When someone mention they have 24 alts, I ponder about it when there is only 5 classes. Worse still when crafting quests seems to be the only soloution for making a progress. The few "altoholics" I know in our guild are always found in a zone doing the regular leveling and now and then in IAs too.

Honestly I just find it more "populated" to see people running around in the zones doing stuff, than just idly standing in TB doing a few crafting quests and then log off to never been seen anymore that day, as you log on to main character that will either never be seen due to being in instances, or in high level zones.
    It's the image of trying to have a small population in the low level zones for any newly arriving players, so that they don't feel entirely lonely if IAs make them puke. This has been slightly remedied though with the escalated amount of players attending events for the Eternal quest, but it's uncertain for how long that effect will be there.
    A lot of zones are tedious and, after the the second or third alt, pretty much unbearable. If I'm going to be forced to play that way, then I'm going to vote with my wallet and stop paying to screw myself over.

Quests are quests...crafting isn't that different from the myriad fluff quests in the 'open world'. Maybe they should also remove xp from any quest that doesn't involve killing mobs, eh? No more 'gather x number of items' for this NPC or 'Go to point A and talk to this NPC and then point B to talk to this other one'. Maybe they also shouldn't award any xp for completing gray quests either since there's no challenge to killing mobs ten levels below yours. How about the the level 65 character Pack in the Rift Store? That certainly won't promote the presence of players in those low level zones you seem to care about. Compelling people to all play the same way is contrary to the basic premise of what made this game interesting in the first place and making changes like this after 6 years is just doltish. Killing crafting xp certainly won't make more people log in to go adventure; in fact, it will probably have the opposite effect and just chase more people away.

Unhappy beating a dead horse ...

What's done is done, Trion/Devs are not going to change their minds on this. They have an agenda and I sincerely believe Rift players are just seeing the tip of the iceberg with these types of changes. I am truly saddened by what is happening to a game I once loved ... I once played. The devs have been awfully quiet lately on this forum and elsewhere, their silence on this as well as other issues, is deafening . They are busy no doubt with 4.2 in the wings as well as continued work on what has been released to date, so I will cut them a bit of slack, but only a little. Don't just read the forums, respond to them, honestly and openly. Customer relations cannot be one-way - the company way.

“It’s not the employer who pays [your] wages. Employers only handle the money. It’s the customer who pays [your] wages” - Henry Ford

Peace.
    Main: Branwenluned@US-Faeblight, FEM dwarf cleric, dps/heal souls
    Alt: Brigantea@US-Faeblight, FEM Eth Mage, dps souls

Main: Deidrascarletin@EU-Blightweild, FEM dwarf rogue, dps souls
    Alt: Eileanoir@EU-Typhiria, FEM Eth warrior, dps/tank souls

The smaller the mind the greater the arrogance. - Aesop

Quote Originally Posted by Janella View Post
    What's done is done, Trion/Devs are not going to change their minds on this.
    I sincerely hope that's not true. Eight pages of mostly negative responses to something that did not need changed but absolutely kills progression for many people just trying to level their alts, might make them want to re-evaluate that particular decision.
    For instance, I log in and run minions for a bit, then go play Age of Empires. I'm not sure that's worth the Patron subscription, and I don't think I'm the only one.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Unf0rg1ven View Post
    I sincerely hope that's not true. Eight pages of mostly negative responses...
    A while ago they ignored 250+ pages of negative responses on the 3.7 AH changes. Somehow I get the feeling that 8 pages might not impress them as much as you hope for

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    A while ago they ignored 250+ pages of negative responses on the 3.7 AH changes. Somehow I get the feeling that 8 pages might not impress them as much as you hope for
    not to mention the countless pages of complaints when they removed the void stone price of earring slots and made them just for cash....
    eventually they reversed that decision.. but i do wonder how many paying customers they lost because of that.
    and now how many will they lose because of this..

time and time again we have people who have finished all the quest and done all the carnages and not hit level 70 yet.. the first thing we would ask, have you been doing your craft dailies for the extra xp? now that option is gone. all that is left is zone dailies and PAA daily to bulk out the required XP.
    these people have PAID for the xpac... it truly shocks them that it is so hard to level without pots and patron.

a solution to the problem would have been to grant XP for these quests that is based on the characters level.
    ofc a level 30 shouldnt be able to hand in an SP craft quest and get to level 45 in one hit.
    the quest should 'read' the chars level and grant 2% XP, however much that is for each level.
    its really not that hard to code, but would keep 65-70 levelers with a small amount of bonus XP each day to help them reach that magic number.

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    They did NOT ignore the 250+ pages of negative responses...

They made a compromise. They tuned down the listing fee. They didn't remove it entirely, but made it a reasonable fee.

And I haven't heard any complaints on that fee for a long time...

I just hope they will come up with a similar compromise for Crafting Xp

Plane Touched

This feels just like the fiasco where only Patrons have ability to stack WF/Expert charges from Feb 2016.

That change was reverted a whole year later in Feb of 2017.

Can we please not repeat this long iteration cycle again? There is already a vocal response from players who don't appreciate this change. Crafting alts weren't exploiting a bug in the game, nor were they doing something that was unavailable to any other player, patron or F2P.
    • What group of players were negatively affected by others gaining XP through daily crafting quests?
    • What bug in the game was being exploited?
    • Did it not help the auction house economy?
    • How is providing players a way to level an alt on the side bad for the game/community? Once the alt reaches max level, wouldn't that just incentivize people to play the game more?
    • As others have pointed out, it is hardly power leveling, especially at the higher levels where it takes a month to gain 5 levels.
    Last edited by Juxtaposed; 04-12-2017 at 04:52 PM.

Default What was wrong with it?

I am puzzled still by this decision. I am a casual crafter so by no means am I blowing barn doors down with my craft skills. In fact, I really don't have much of a dog in the crafting hunt.

BUT I do enjoy Rift as a game and therefore want to look out of it, want to see it continue to be enjoyed and prosper.
    So what was sooo wrong with people having craft quests reward experience that such a drastic change had to be made?

The way I see it, it's just another route and adventure for some people, no different than any other "slot" of xp gains - solo play, dungeons, raids, IAs, etc. What was so bad about allowing crafting to be a another 'adventure' for players to enjoy and be rewarded that after all these years? Crafters spend much time and effort in the game, just like any other player.

Soulwalker

Default Now I've gone and done it

After years of being a loyal, dedicated, and daily player, I have cancelled my Patron subscription.
    I'm going to give it a few more days, but I don't have much hope that this will change.
    Sometime soon i will delete all my alts, banish all Trion software from my PC and that will be the end of it.
    I've been thinking about all the money i spent in the game in just the last year.
    All the 100 dollar credit packs. 50 dollar credit packs. 20 dollar credit packs.
    All the Rex I bought and then sold on the AH, mainly to support my crafting.
    I bought the expensive version of the xpac for myself.
    I bought the cheap version for all my mates in my NA guild and gave it to them free because i wanted them to be around playing with me. I really love those folks.
    I gave a couple away to friends in EU because the guild appeared to be dying and some were unable to afford the xpac. Sold a few to more affluent guildies there.
    All those folks are playing SFP at least in part due to my efforts.
    THAT is what Rift has meant to me.
    It is going to be really hard to walk away, but it certainly looks like i will do exactly that.

Look Devs, you guys have done a great job with the game. I appreciate how chaotic the code tries to become and how much effort you have put in to try to rein it all in and maintain order so that there is a fun game to be played. I have stood by while decisions were made that negative effected other players and was never sure if I should speak on others behalf because i was unaffected.I should have waded in.

Now my ox has been gored. And i really really really like that ox. I depend on it.

Hi there,

I've been here since beta and a patron ever since, as you can see from my post count I hate to come to complain on the forums. I feel I have no choice at this point. This change is so not good for my play style and that of some of my guildies. You see I explore and gather things, crafting mats,dim items,artifacts etc, and I craft. I wander and explore. I do not do raids, ia's, dungeons, rifts etc. I do carnages and quest lines, but with 25 chars it gets old fast, exploring and gathering and crafting never does. I love this game and have for over 6 years, but I find I'm logging in less and less and I spend most of time in my dims afk since this change. I guess I'm asking you to please reconsider. I loved how many different ways I could level here, how you never penalized me for not liking dungeons. Heck I've leveled chars to 50 using art sets alone. Why? Because it was what I loved to do, gathering. Well, this post has already grown longer than intended, but I had to speak out, I just hope you listen. Thanks for your time.

Kirie

Soulwalker

Why are alts secondary in terms of focus for you? If you want to focus on your main character, then what is the purpose of leveling an alt you barely use? When someone mention they have 24 alts,
    That was me. 12 on Deepwood (cuz it is home)
    6 or so on the PTS (cuz it is interesting)
    6 or so on Zaviel (cuz I might learn something over there)

Honestly I just find it more "populated" to see people running around in the zones doing stuff, than just idly standing in TB doing a few crafting quests and then log off to never been seen anymore that day, as you log on to main character that will either never be seen due to being in instances, or in high level zones.
    You can only play 1 alt at a time. I have uses for those extra alts that unimaginative people might not expect. They save me time so I can spend more time playing my main alts.
    But typically, I am playing 3 or 4 hours a night.

So, was there an official response yet by Trion that they are NOT going to bring back experience to crafting? Just curious.. I heard they were monitoring the thread and discussing stuff.

I have a tiny *sliver* of hope that someone in that meeting enjoys alts
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast