+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PRODUCER'S LETTER: Wins, Challenges & The Future of Telara!

Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Post PRODUCER'S LETTER: Wins, Challenges & The Future of Telara!

Today we have for you the Producer's Letter you've all been waiting for!

I'll post the entire text here when I have the time, but meanwhile, please clicky on the link to read the original article, along with the two brand new pieces of concept art from 4.2!
    RIFT PRODUCER'S LETTER

Please use this thread as the official feedback for the letter and especially the RIFT Challenge server concept - we're eager to hear your thoughts!
    ;-)#
    Brasse
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 03-24-2017 at 02:30 PM.

Love the Challenge server idea! Question: could it use the original (for whatever update it was set to) soul abilities? Like.....we could play Inquisicar again?
    Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP 4/4 TD 3/3 BOS
    New to Rift? Free bag, cape, weapon glow, and title with my Ascend-a-Friend code: EPZHJKQ3DDYHG7GDEDHJ

General of Telara

I just read through the letter and my quick initial response to the challenge server is.... Please don't.

Don't split resources or anything like this. Make the core game good and brilliant. Let's please not get sidetracked with crazy ideas. Yes they could be fun but anything other than making the Core Rift game experience awesome would be really unwise, especially at this point with how dissapointed a good portion of the playerbase is in the core product.

P.S Thanks for acknowledging the issues and not glossing over them. This is appreciated. I hope going forward Rift can only get better
    Last edited by Balidin; 03-24-2017 at 02:53 PM.

Looking good, hard modes, easy modes, challenge modes and having it separate servers as well sounds awesome, not a mention of Storm Legion snooping around Vostigar Peaks though, i want to be able to say "All Hail Crucia!" again.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Serein View Post
    Love the Challenge server idea! Question: could it use the original (for whatever update it was set to) soul abilities? Like.....we could play Inquisicar again?
    Logged in just to say, oh god yes. I've no interest in the game as it stands anymore (it's not the game I once loved and not remotely interested in the mess that SFP has been), but I'd play the **** out of some EQ1-esque progression servers in the form of a chocolate Rift server. I miss the hell outta my old inquisicar!

Plane Touched

thanks for the letter and the info. i hope everyone has made a recovery from their illnesses and hopefully you get your new facilities running as desired without many problems.

i, personally, am very excited about the eternal weapon saga. it will be interesting to see which fans get them upgraded the fastest.

the updates coming with 4.2 sound great. it sounds like there will be a lot of engaging end game content down the road.

i like the idea of the rift "challenge shard". my one question/suggestion is: will this be a shard we can shard hop to and play with our regular toons, or maybe something like PTS where we copy a toon? or will we need to level an entirely separate character for that shard?

i am a little concerned that it appears weekly quests will not come out until 4.2. if 4.2 is scheduled for end of summer (as i understand it to be) this seems like a fairly supranational length of time to not have that content in game. is there any feedback on this subject? am i misunderstanding the timeline, and if im correct can we get some feedback on why the team has chosen to wait so long to include this content?

again, thanks for the information, and transparency, while not required, is always appreciated.

Telaran

"For those who offer snark, rude comments and trolling, that helps no one, and certainly does nothing to move the world of Telara forward."

@devarchonix , Sorry but don't lump snark in with the rest. Snark is one of my best tools for communicating a heartfelt sentiment in a humorous way without resulting to the 4-letter words I'm really thinking. It's not trolling, and it's only a little bit rude, but it beats hell out of a post you'd ignore if I told you how I really feel (and actually have done in the past).

/snark.

Telaran

The screenshot of Vostigar Peaks looks very much like its on Telara... or at the very least not the tail of the comet, as many suspected would be the next new zone. I take this as good news, as it suggests that we'll get at least 2 new zones over the lifetime of the xpac.

A hardmode progression server could be interesting, but as others have said, would take resources away from the main servers.

Very surprised there were no words on the currently booming Rift population - would've expected it considering the past year was a huge success (quoting the letter here).

Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

My understanding is that the Challenge Mode servers can be developed in parallel with other projects. Often Devs have time while some tasks are being checked in, uploaded, in QA, etc.
    We'll definitely provide more info on how this will all come to pass later on. =)

The letter was very reassuring
    [No longer an active player]

Rift Disciple

As someone who only plays Rift for dimensions, I couldn't care less about the challenge/ hard mode server. I would never play on it.

That being said... as long as it doesn't interfere with a much needed graphics update, I don't mind other players getting options.

Character models (especially body sizes) and some dimension items need love as they look severely outdated compared to MMORPGs like Black Desert.
    Ryaj@Faeblight
    Dim enthusiast and RPer

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    My understanding is that the Challenge Mode servers can be developed in parallel with other projects. Often Devs have time while some tasks are being checked in, uploaded, in QA, etc.
    We'll definitely provide more info on how this will all come to pass later on. =)
    My suggestion for that would be if you are waiting for approval, checkins, code reviews et all, then go work on more ideas and content for the live core game. I don't think we want to be splitting the playerbase at this time either. This might seem negative but I personally want to see the Core Rift product do well. Let's work on bringing Rift back to the great game we all want it to be

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    I'd rather something like that not be a side project. As great as it sounds, I feel something like that needs designated attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Neurotix View Post
    i, personally, am very excited about the eternal weapon saga. it will be interesting to see which fans get them upgraded the fastest.
    His name is Doranbolt@Gelidra Mark my words

I'm mostly looking forward to the leveling of the new weapons. So many steps to reach max. Gonna take a long while until I feel I got nothing to progress towards (not counting achivements). Hoping to see more items like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast