+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Trion pls

Plane Touched

Default Trion pls

i enjoy playing rift. i enjoy playing pvp. sure there are some annoyances, but there are also plans in place with timelines posted for balance changes and the like.

i do not enjoy Blighted Antechamber. i don't like it one bit. but if i queue for 5 random warfronts, 3 of them are going to be BA. on a good (least BA possible) day we're looking at 50% of the warfronts being BA.

i do not like blighted antechamber. but out of the 7(?) warfronts available i would definitely play it if it came up in the queue any reasonable amount. but it doesnt. it is almost half of all warfronts i run. and this is on "random" mode. that's absurd.

as it is i basically just dont play pvp. because of this one warfront. this warfront is so unappealing people are avoiding an entire aspect of the game.

Champion

This ^^

I even enjoy(ed) the Blighted Antichamber a lot, but when it comes up as much as it does now, even fans can't help but grow sick of it.

...And I really miss the disabled maps like Port Scion, Ghar station Eyn, the domination maps, etc...

As a melee player I find it fun when I get BA though most people hate due to buggy los spots, they get lost easily and it can be such a pain in the rear.

People want more variety, to put back the maps you locked and have more options.
    Last edited by Xibitz; 03-20-2017 at 04:49 AM.
    Azzteck@Greybriar
    <MWM>

I like blighted. It's so satisfying stealing the flag right under an enemy's nose and running it all the way back untouched. Pulling people behind walls, onto jump pads, etc is a ton of fun. I feel more would enjoy this map if more people weren't just derping around.
    R.I.P.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    I like blighted. It's so satisfying stealing the flag right under an enemy's nose and running it all the way back untouched. Pulling people behind walls, onto jump pads, etc is a ton of fun. I feel more would enjoy this map if more people weren't just derping around.
    i understand the map just fine. i understand the objectives just fine. it's not that i dont enjoy it because i dont know what im doing. i dont like it because i dont find it enjoyable. it's a troll map for troll players. full of broken los bugs that are abused by troll players, and capture points that can be controlled by one player in a troll spec. with objectives that are easily dominated by troll premades.
    Last edited by Neurotix; 03-20-2017 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neurotix View Post
    i understand the map just fine. i understand the objectives just fine. it's not that i dont enjoy it because i dont know what im doing. i dont like it because i dont find it enjoyable. it's a troll map for troll players. full of broken los bugs that are abused by troll players, and capture points that can be controlled by one player in a troll spec. with objectives that are easily dominated by troll premades.
    Sorry, you misunderstand. I wasn't saying that you don't enjoy it because you don't understand, but rather matches are lopsided because awareness and ability are typically low, especially on that map.

Firestorm and tanks are a significant issue on that map, but they're an issue on other maps as well. There are a few LoS points that could be adjusted, but I think they aren't bad and add a challenge to the map.
    R.I.P.

I queue direct for Blighted, because i love this map (Maybe i am one of this troll players) When this makes a few people, the Map comes more often.

Donīt want this map ? Make a break and try it another Time or queue for the Map that you like and make your charges on another Day.
    > English is not my native Language <

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Aresz View Post
    Donīt want this map ? Make a break and try it another Time or queue for the Map that you like and make your charges on another Day.
    lol nah. if people are queuing randoms and the same map consistently comes up 50% of the time or more for months upon months on end, something needs to be done to fix that.

lol nah. if people are queuing randoms and the same map consistently comes up 50% of the time or more for months upon months on end, something needs to be done to fix that.
    In a span of 10-15 warfronts, I'll get 2, maybe 3 blighted. I've never gotten it 50% of the time (with a decent sample size of course). I do get quite a few Codex though.
    R.I.P.

You know something is wrong when over half your team is hitting the tank, not targeting enemy healers and barely venturing out of their base....and no recon vial on.

I agree with Artewig about awareness definitely being part of the lopsided matches (throw in troll/broken specs to the mix and you get a bis recipe of disaster)

Also I got lots of Karthan Ridge and Library wfs yesterday.

If they bring the other maps out I hope it is after they make the balance changes.
    Last edited by Xibitz; 03-20-2017 at 10:02 AM.
    Azzteck@Greybriar
    <MWM>

Plane Touched

In a span of 10-15 warfronts, I'll get 2, maybe 3 blighted. I've never gotten it 50% of the time (with a decent sample size of course). I do get quite a few Codex though.
    i really wish i could say i was exaggerating. specifically since they came out with SFP and cut the number of warfronts, BA has practically taken over my pvp time. i can queue for (let's say) 10 warfronts. 5 will be BA, one codex, 2 escalation whitefall, a karthan ridge and maybe a black garden.

and that's on a good day. that's an example of one of the days where i get BA the least amount of times.

even if i did enjoy the map at one point over saturation of that level will wear it out quick.

i really wish i could say i was exaggerating. specifically since they came out with SFP and cut the number of warfronts, BA has practically taken over my pvp time. i can queue for (let's say) 10 warfronts. 5 will be BA, one codex, 2 escalation whitefall, a karthan ridge and maybe a black garden.

and that's on a good day. that's an example of one of the days where i get BA the least amount of times.

even if i did enjoy the map at one point over saturation of that level will wear it out quick.
    I have a feeling you're exaggerating it. Maybe not intentionally, but 50% as a minimum is hard to believe. I screenshot probably 98% of the warfronts I'm in. When I get home, I'll figure out what percentage of those were blighted. Because if there's an actual problem, surely others would be experiencing it as well... I would guess that since you dislike Blighted, you tend to pay more attention when it pops, intentionally or unintentionally.
    R.I.P.

Sorry, you misunderstand. I wasn't saying that you don't enjoy it because you don't understand, but rather matches are lopsided because awareness and ability are typically low, especially on that map.

Firestorm and tanks are a significant issue on that map, but they're an issue on other maps as well. There are a few LoS points that could be adjusted, but I think they aren't bad and add a challenge to the map.
    You mean like the top of the ramp up to spire, where it looks like you have a perfect line of sight to the target, but you cant attack them? It looks like a bug in the game to the person attacking, and if youre standing in a glitched spot where you know you cant be hit what is that called again? I usually mage cage people trying to exploit that spot so they fall off.

Personally i love blighted antechamber, except that the matches usually take quite a while. A couple justicars can really speed it up. One defends base, the other goes with a dps zerg, carries flag back. Rinse repeat win.
    Last edited by Doveblack; 03-20-2017 at 10:23 AM.
    Doveblack@laethys(cleric) Blackdovey@laethys(rogue) Blackdovie@laethys(mage)

Guild: Doves

Plane Touched

I have a feeling you're exaggerating it. Maybe not intentionally, but 50% as a minimum is hard to believe. I screenshot probably 98% of the warfronts I'm in. When I get home, I'll figure out what percentage of those were blighted. Because if there's an actual problem, surely others would be experiencing it as well... I would guess that since you dislike Blighted, you tend to pay more attention when it pops, intentionally or unintentionally.
    there have been multiple threads on this very topic. others are experiencing it. and they are voicing their opinion about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doveblack View Post
    You mean like the top of the ramp up to spire, where it looks like you have a perfect line of sight to the target, but you cant attack them? It looks like a bug in the game to the person attacking, and if youre standing in a glitched spot where you know you cant be hit what is that called again? I usually mage cage people trying to exploit that spot so they fall off.

Personally i love blighted antechamber, except that the matches usually take quite a while. A couple justicars can really speed it up. One defends base, the other goes with a dps zerg, carries flag back. Rinse repeat win.
    My favorite move is when a tank or small group of players run in and all of the defense gets distracted. Pop out of stealth, grab the flag, and I'm back home before they realize what happened. Did it 3 times in a row the other day.
    R.I.P.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast