Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree282Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Producer's Letter

Default Producer's Letter

When are we going to see it? It is March... We are closing in on being a quarter of the way through 2017 and we still are unaware of Trion's plans for the year. How is that at all acceptable?

At first, I was a bit more lenient. There's a lot of stuff to be done and other priorities, but at what point are you going to put the community first? A letter to the community could be written up in a day, maybe even a weekend, so that really isn't the issue. Do you just not have a plan or do you just think it isn't important?

It is important to a lot of us. One of the biggest requests has been for more transparency. You have your moments, but then stuff like this happens. Can we get some sort of communication on what to expect?

Last edited by Marana tha; 03-16-2017 at 11:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trion Worlds
    Being at Trion means being open to giving and receiving honest feedback. It means playing the hell out of our own games. It means listening to and being a part of teams who are always inventing, refining, and making things as good as they can be. It means always getting better and having an eternal willingness to learn and evolve. It means being our own worst critics

I'm beginning to think no news of the Producer's Letter is news in itself. I suspect they want to get past the end of the month into 4.1 to see if they can manage even that.

There STILL hasn't been a letter?

yikes...

Guess I haven't missed anything.

They should just admit it, shut down the raids, shut down the experts, forget about leveling... and just called the game "Rift Dimensions" and be done with it.

Last edited by Wonk; 03-16-2017 at 09:36 PM.
    I Rift, therefore I am.

At this point, there is a lot riding on the 4.1 release date of March 29th. Promises were made and if the launch does not meet expectations, you can bet a producer's letter will be foremost on everyone's mind.

At this point, when the future of the game looks and feels very uncertain, it is the most important to project an image that the company has a direction, that customer's concerns are being listened to, and that the company cares enough to deign to speak to us.

Waiting until April isn't acceptable. To put it in perspective, some states are able to wrap up a whole legislative session in the time it took to write one letter. I don't wanna be insulting, but that's ridiculous. In many lines of work, the upcoming agenda is meant to be published before the actions are taken, not a quarter way through.

I am not meaning to insult the developers, but we all have invested in this game and deserve better transparency.

Rift Disciple

Trion is probably not patching due to putting all efforts towards 4.1 . (yea, I know, trying to reach for that little glimmer of hope even if it has less light than a b-day candle).

As for the producer's letter itself, I wouldn't be surprised if the producer is in hiding right now under his desk, sucking the right thumb while squeezing a Skylla plushie to the chest in an effort to gain confidence.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    When are we going to see it?
    No need to ask this question over and over, as it has already been answered a while ago in this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Brasse
    Guys, a Producer's Letter will be forthcoming when Archonix has the 2017 plan in place.
    So as soon as they have found out what they're going to do in 2017, we will get the Producer's letter.

Default Its a bit reminiscent of Brexit....

Here in the UK we are about to leave the EU, not going to debate the intricacies of right/wrong good/bad of that here however it is a bit similar to the situation here in that there is a lot riding on the coming months and year, and to date the bosses (government) have not laid out a clear plan for their staff/constituents (taxpayers) on how it will be done successfully, or put it simply no plan = bad planning!

To have no producer letter is perhaps an indication of how busy the team are in preparation for 4.1, however yet again I think we are witnessing the shifting of focus from Rift, which was their core business, to the other products they manage. Yes that's perhaps good business sense in terms of milking the cash cows, however like any market, if you start to neglect one group of product consumers then their negative experience can have a net detrimental effect on all of the business...think of giant companies who have experienced this in recent times...Nestle, all the banks....sure, they survive, but they are forced to change business practices in order to do so. TRION have seen this themselves with other title launches (Archeage in particular though launched well, turned people off very quickly due to the issues with landgrabs etc)

I think a producer letter before the advent of 4.1 would be a "GOOD THING" as it may help to stem the tide of negativity, reduce the impact of the incomplete launch of SFP (which we will be 5 months into before raid opens), and to help to reassure the consumers that there is still a product worthy of spending their time and money on.

Rift is a great game. I have played it since early Beta and yes it's beginning to show its age a little but I think if there was a move back to large open world dynamic content, such as was seen in Vanilla, or with large mobs like Volan, then I think you may see an uptick in player numbers as that was genuinely fun to do. But more importantly and I think this is what any producer needs to address as priority, is getting people back and involved with the game.

There are some indications that they are once again able to listen to players and act on their feedback, it's just frustrating that it takes them so long to act on this feedback - reinstating charges for non patrons is a great move....but's is it a year too late? will it really make a difference this far on - are all those folks off playing other games by now?

Anyway, ramble done, here's hoping for a truly informative and reassuring producers letter in the next week or so.

P.S here's some things I would love to see in 4.2 and beyond...

1. A return to the dynamic glory days of open world content with massive events across shards, Volan was good, we want more of that....much more...revisit some of the original events like Grim awakening etc.

2. It would be nice to have some more big events taking place in game, such as devs summoning raid bosses into open world, perhaps a defence of meridian/sanctum event...or how cool would it be to have to drive Akyliios away from the harbour in Tempest Bay...

3. Actually more on 2...a lot of people are not able to raid (for various reasons) so never get to see the full content of the game and LFR is a good first step to addressing that...it would be nice to be able to experience the raid bosses in open world with raid level drops...perhaps a series of one time events where loot tables are tweaked so that all participants in open world raid boss kill get one class appropriate item at raid level. Space these out so they are run once per month or every two months maybe with a series of bosses summoned and a drop rate limit of one per character, per event. would take a year to raid gear a toon that way.

4. More new dungeons, emphasis on new there.

5. More ten mans, or ten man versions of some of the existing dungeons.

6. PVP...arena events, open world PVP events, defender of Sanctum/Meridian events. A PVP capture the flag version of Tempest bay please, anything really

7. fun...more fun...and then some more, and then a little extra on the side for the hell of it...or to put another way keep on listening to your player base, keep on adding content, and introducing new ways to play or do things and you will be fine.

8. Polls/whitelists of things for players to interact with and give comments on what they would like to see in game/out of game.

9. A sneak peek at a whiteboard for 5.0....(apols if already been on a livestream I haven't been able to watch in a while)

10. A sneak peek at Rift 2.0

Thanks all and most importantly have fun!!!!!

Unifex
    Last edited by AtoningUnifex; 03-17-2017 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Line spacing/spelling - probably still error ridden...

Keep hope up for 4.1. If 4.1 disappoints, then we can call it. That's my plan.
    <<Drkirb> Lvl 70 R100>> <<Kirbcobain> Lvl 70 R97>> <<Kirbsideparking> Lvl 70 R100>> <<Kirbedandlong> Lvl 70 R100>> <<Kirbstomped> Lvl 70 R100>>

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by AtoningUnifex View Post
    1. A return to the dynamic glory days of open world content with massive events across shards, Volan was good, we want more of that....much more...revisit some of the original events like Grim awakening etc.

2. It would be nice to have some more big events taking place in game, such as devs summoning raid bosses into open world, perhaps a defence of meridian/sanctum event...or how cool would it be to have to drive Akyliios away from the harbour in Tempest Bay...

6. PVP...arena events, open world PVP events, defender of Sanctum/Meridian events. A PVP capture the flag version of Tempest bay please, anything really
    I love your ideas!

About no. 2. I understand that the devs might have much less time then they used to have, to do such fun things like summoning raid bosses. So why not just delegate these "abilities" to do so to certain high profile players? (...that won't abuse such powers.) Maybe guild leaders?

Same goes for dungeon development. How much fun would it be if the dimensioneering system was overhauled to support mob and boss placements? From a chronic lack of content to endless in one big change.

And open world PVP and PVP event: Yes please! I loved the chaos back then!

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    No need to ask this question over and over, as it has already been answered a while ago in this thread:

So as soon as they have found out what they're going to do in 2017, we will get the Producer's letter.
    And I've started to realize that if you let them take all of the time they need, they will take it. From what Brasse said TWO months ago, Archonix currently doesn't have a plan for 2017. The year that is already a quarter of the way completed. That is appalling. I am speechless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trion Worlds
    Being at Trion means being open to giving and receiving honest feedback. It means playing the hell out of our own games. It means listening to and being a part of teams who are always inventing, refining, and making things as good as they can be. It means always getting better and having an eternal willingness to learn and evolve. It means being our own worst critics

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    And I've started to realize that if you let them take all of the time they need, they will take it. From what Brasse said TWO months ago, Archonix currently doesn't have a plan for 2017. The year that is already a quarter of the way completed. That is appalling. I am speechless.
    In my business we have to have our next years plan laid out about a year in advance minimum, and we usually work to 5 year strategic plans...

My guess is that it'll be released after 4.1...though some people might be gone before long.
    Azzteck@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Xibitz View Post
    My guess is that it'll be released after 4.1...though some people might be gone before long.
    I'm pretty sure the last major group of players abandoned rift once they heard 4.1 was being delayed for a month. They might come back when 4.1 releases and test it out, but in my experience once people give up on a game, they feel burned by it and opt to simply move on to something else.

IMO the 4.1 delay hurt rift more than anything else because I feel it was really the last straw for a lot of people. My own playtime dropped substantially as well as there really was no point for me to log on. And before the announcement of the delay I wasn't logging on much to begin with.

Also consider the fact that major games have been coming out like Zelda, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nioh, etc. Mass Effect drops next week, and so does the last DLC for dark souls 3.

I know I'm going to playing all of those games before I do anything serious in rift again lol.
    Last edited by Orochan; 03-17-2017 at 12:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraii View Post
    Did you see any cleric in that pic?
    How come not if get got the op faeri?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast