Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree282Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Producer's Letter

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    Just because no-one can prove it was not pixies does not make the position of believing pixies did it rational.
    The creator of the most logical fictional character ever would like a word, you'd have to go back go back exactly 100 years though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cottingley_Fairies

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Sorry, but I completely disagree. If you release an expansion that people hate and have expressed their hate towards, you don't maintain a stance of silence simply because you fear the criticism. That is incredibly childish and an extremely poor business decision. If you are going to do something about it, tell your consumers, who in fact, have as much of a right to transparency as stockholders (which there aren't any aside from maybe employees or a small group of investors because Trion Worlds is a private company). If Trion continues to stay silent, players will continue to leave, especially if 4.1 flops.

As for the begging, nothing really happens around here without begging. Unless it benefits Trion, issues will go on for far longer than they should until players beg enough. Brasse said that Archonix would be providing a letter to the community once he had a plan for 2017. Considering we're 3 months in, is it so unreasonable to express urgency in fulfilling this promise?
    No, if it was promised we have the issue of integrity and that is vital for a company, especially one such as this. However something has obviously happened, Perhaps not went according to plan. This is open to idol speculation.

I agree, that however because of the promise made, it would be wise to comment if it can not be delivered upon. Its is an unwise decision to remain silent in this case because not having a letter, which was an accustomed thing,

Its not owed, but perhaps it would be wise if it was freely given to ease tensions. A discontinuity, makes the players think that perhaps the future of the game is unstable or it even has no future. Hence they dont invest time or money.

People don't just jump to conclusions, hell, they leap, they fly to them...and then some of them run around thereafter metaphorically like chicken little saying the sky is failing...it gos beyond even the issue of integrity, Its not very pragmatic from there end. Bat pr.

Maybe they feel however that forum goers are a minority faction, and it really wont effect them.I have been told this in regards to similar issues in other mmorpgs in the past when opinion was disregarded or no information was given...ie only a small fraction of players visit.. and so forth and so on.

I think even the owners don't know how seriously some players take gaming,

They know they log in for hours and hours, invest time and money but I don't really think they know where they live how seriously players take there games. Its not like another type of service. You cant be as casual.

Some companies seem to think, most players only check the patch notes or vist the service status page if the game is down. However in a mmo word gets around by the nature of the product and its community.

Commenting would be a curtsy and a smart move given the situation in my opinion.

Perhaps there are even on the fence about something. Its a big unknown. People fear the unknown, its human nature by and large...then there are comments from that fear, some masquerading as aggression resulting in accusatory posts.

However one cant say they owe anything, except services given for payment rendered.
    Last edited by Questoften; 03-19-2017 at 05:29 AM.
    Truth is Beauty, Beauty Truth..

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    The creator of the most logical fictional character ever would like a word, you'd have to go back go back exactly 100 years though.
    I presume that word would be epistemology. Sir Arthur's belief in fairies is a clear demonstration of his failure to meet the philosophical burden of proof, to wit, he did not provide sufficient evidence or warrant to substantiate his claim and his belief was therefore irrational.

As for the fictional character he created, whilst it's true that Sherlock Holmes was extremely logical, unlike what most people believe, he did not use deductive reasoning to solve crimes. What he actually used was abductive reasoning.

What's the greater fiction? The "producers letter" or pixies (and the Fae world in general)? The former obviously. I can't prove to you they exist, but when I was seven, my dad cut down the last old tree on our property ... as he was, two faeries showed up at my window, crying.

While opinions are important in a free society, they can also serve as a destructive force obscuring the truth of a thing (I am living proof ) - as the Zen master Hsin Ming said, "If you wish to see the truth then hold no opinions for or against anything." And the truth is, I simply don't care anymore if a "producers letter" is ever created, and that is disturbing.
    Main: Branwenluned@US-Faeblight, FEM dwarf cleric, dps/heal souls
    Alt: Brigantea@US-Faeblight, FEM Eth Mage, dps souls

Main: Deidrascarletin@EU-Blightweild, FEM dwarf rogue, dps souls
    Alt: Eileanoir@EU-Typhiria, FEM Eth warrior, dps/tank souls

The smaller the mind the greater the arrogance. - Aesop

Quote Originally Posted by Janella View Post
    What's the greater fiction? The "producers letter" or pixies
    Well, I know of a sure-fire way to see pixies.

Plane Touched

Well, I know of a sure-fire way to see pixies.
    risky click of the day right there

1/4/2017

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    When Archonix gets back in office, we'll start working on a Producer's Letter, after he and the team finalize plans for 2017 development. Believe me, you'll be the first to know what's up after I do!
    ~Brasse
    Last edited by Noobly; 03-20-2017 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobly View Post
    1/4/2017

Is he back?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post
    Is he back?
    I imagine we'll hear something about plans for 2017 before we're halfway through 2017. Maybe.

Hey the longer it's put off, the less plans that are needed, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Noobly View Post
    Hey the longer it's put off, the less plans that are needed, right?
    The longer it's delayed the more likely it will be a review than a plan.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post
    Is he back?
    According to this post, he is (apparently since mid january 2017).

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    It looks like Archonix may have a solution... and he is working on it as I type.

Champion

The longer it's delayed the more likely it will be a review than a plan.
    The review will be short: "ops, sorry"

I think its not so super important when the producer's letter pops up, but what it contains. We need a "big bang" at some point.

In retrospect going B2P - while certainly an option - was imo the wrong move for this xpac, that certainly is by no means a "frontloader" when it comes to core endgame content.

So yea, I hope that the producer's letter contains plans to get more momentum going for the endgame and also I hope that we see a F2P option for SFP.
    Last edited by Ongar; 03-21-2017 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ongar View Post
    I think its not so super important when the producer's letter pops up, but what it contains. We need a "big bang" at some point.

In retrospect going B2P - while certainly an option - was imo the wrong move for this xpac, that certainly is by no means a "frontloader" when it comes to core endgame content.

So yea, I hope that the producer's letter contains plans to get more momentum going for the endgame and also I hope that we see a F2P option for SFP.
    I mean the when is pretty important... "We have great plans for 2017" sounds better in December 2016 or even January 2017 than in March, almost April 2017.
    R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    I mean the when is pretty important... "We have great plans for 2017" sounds better in December 2016 or even January 2017 than in March, almost April 2017.
    Well, the "great plans for the year" ship has more or less sailed by now. The big question is how the endgame will be updated with 4.2 or even 4.3.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast