+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Patch 4.1 "FORGED IN FLAME" preliminary content overview (WIP)

Default Patch 4.1 "FORGED IN FLAME" preliminary content overview (WIP)

TL;DR – KEY FEATURES
    • Huge class balance update, every soul gets minor to major adjustments
    • New 10-player raid “Tartaric Depths”, requires 2,000hit, available via the LFR system, loot via individual rewards system
    • 10-player T1 raid “Intrepid: Rise of the Phoenix” will come several weeks after 4.1 launch, requires LFR gear from Tartaric Depths, classic loot system
    • Eternal items, new item quality tier, best-in-slot, very rare, utilizes the active upgrade system
    • Eternal weapon quest chain, everyone will receive an upgradable eternal weapon for his/her character, play content to upgrade, i. e. rifts, dungeons, zone events, raids & more
    • Planar Crafting 2.0, new crafting rifts and materials, best-in-slot helm will be crafted
    • Weeklies & Sparkle Quest (monthly quest that rewards raid gear) will have a comeback
    • Carnival of the Ascended seasonal event in celebration of RIFT’s 6th Anniversary will start on March 30 (Thursday, 3.30pm server time, as usual)
    • Wardrobe tint improvements, coloring streamlined to show more accurate on every appearance
    • A lot of previously unattainable wardrobe appearances will be available in the RIFT store
    • Cross-shard trading will be possible (only player-to-player trading, not mail and AH)

New LFR raid: Tartaric Depths
    The upcoming raids are probably the most anticipated content by the PvE community. First off, 4.1 will launch with the brand new 10-player raid “Tartaric Depths”. This fire-themed raid comes with 4 bosses and is available via LFR (looking for raid). The minimum requirement to enter the raid is 2,000 hit, so you only need gear from advanced crafting, expert dungeons and/or PvP to take this challenge. The LFR-difficulty is settled below Tier 1, so this raid should appeal to a huge part of the community. My first impression from the PTS (public test shard) is that it is quite a challenge for PuGs, while organized raids will put this raid on farm status within a week or two. Good thing, that you can do this raid as often as you want, thanks to the individual rewards system – you only get loot from each boss once a week (automatically put into your loot bag), unless you use individual reward charges. This way there won’t be any loot drama, and if your raid breaks down at some point, you can queue for a fresh raid again and get the loot from the remaining bosses. This way you’ll also never be blocked from helping your guild or friends because of a lockout. A very welcome change overall.

Upcoming Tier 1 raid: “Intrepid: Rise of the Phoenix”
    Progression raiders have to be a little bit more patient: “Intrepid: Rise of the Phoenix”, a reworked Tier 1 instance of the old level 50 raid, will be available some weeks after the initial launch of 4.1. This 10-player raid will require gear from the Tartaric Depths raid (~2,200 hit) and uses the classic loot system, so it is obviously aimed for more organized raids and guilds. If the level of challenge will be around the same of the original raid, I see most guilds progressing in there for multiple weeks at least. There is no information yet, if the boss fights will be exactly the same or if there will be some new mechanics. Probably more information and PTS testing will follow soon after 4.1 launch. I loved Rise of the Phoenix back in chocolate Rift, so I’m really looking forward to meet General Silgen & co. again.

Weekly quests
    Together with the new raids, we will also finally get multiple weekly quests again, that will help players to gain various currencies to gear up. The famous monthly “sparkle quest”, that rewards you with a piece of raid gear from Tartaric Depths, will also have a comeback. Not all weeklies are on PTS yet, but I assume they will involve rifts, instant adventures, zone events, fortress sieges, PvP, crafting and more.

Planar crafting
    Planar crafting will also get relevant again. New crafting rifts, materials and recipes will come for those who like to spend their time at the work bench. It was also confirmed by the devs, that the helmet from planar crafting will be best-in-slot for some time, so it will definitely be worth the effort. I’m already excited to see those massive craft rift farm raids again and hope the payouts will be good.

Eternal items
    The next big new thing, and I mean literally BIG, are eternal items. Eternal is a new item rarity tier, which is settled above transcendent items and is represented by a light-blue frame and text color. These items will be extremely rare and powerful according to the devs and the “best-in-slot” bomb drops often when they talk about them. Luckily, every player will get an eternal weapon for their class (rogues get two daggers, all other classes a 2-handed weapon, Clerics and Warriors also get shield and one-hand during the upgrade process) by a new saga-like quest line. Those items not only have amazing weapon skins with brand new VFX effects, they are also the most powerful weapons in game and can be upgraded multiple times. The new active upgrading system requires you to play actual content to make your weapon stronger – from closing hundreds of rifts, defeating zone event bosses, finishing dungeons and surviving raid encounters – you need to play if you want to give your eternal weapon the maximum power. The stats of your weapon increase with every upgrade and it will also get procs and abilities from those upgrades. In addition to the saga weapon, you can find more eternal weapons and armor in Telara, no information where and how yet, but they won’t be easy to get! Also you probably want to do the weapon quest on all of your characters – just to unlock the awesome weapon appearances for your wardrobe collection.

Wardrobe additions & tint improvements
    Talking about wardrobe skins, with 4.1 some of the previously unattainable wardrobe skins will be available in the RIFT store – time to finally unlock all these sweet Warlord and Myrmidon weapon skins! Also, the devs worked on tint improvements and added some new colors – every color should now look the same on every piece of armor, so it’s time to create some new wardrobe sets for your characters!

Dimensions
    Dimensioneers can be exited, too! The dev team created some new dimensions and hundreds of new dimension items you can play with.

New dimensions:
    • Volcanic Playground
    • Wyrd Hut
    • Fortress of the Apocolypse
    • Saint Taranis
    • Allitu

New dimension items:
    • New mystery box "Wonders of Allitu", provides you with 4-6 dimension items out of a pool of 80 Allitu-themed designs
    • 6 new building blocks: Tenebrean Stone, Ahnkite, Bolidium, Tenebrean Slate, Atramentium and Tenebrean Sandstone
    • 2 new craftable VFX items for Dreamweavers: Lantern Hook Motes and Lantern Hook Bubble Nebula
    • New banners bundle for 14 Affinity, each bundle gives 4 out of 67 unique banners
    • Candles and bottles bundles
    • Mathosian Buildings
    • New music boxes
    • Updated premium dimension stashes from 4h minion adventures

A more detailed sum-up of the upcoming dimension additions can be found here:
    http://www.dimensiongallery.com/rift...mension-items/

Carnival of the Ascended
    March also brings us the Carnival of the Ascended, the seasonal world event in celebration of RIFTs anniversary. It’s already six years ago now, that we set our first steps into the world of Telara. The Carnival should start one day after the launch of 4.1 on Thursday, March 30 at 3.30pm server time. As usual, it should come with many different games, festivities all over Telara and special loot, i. e. a new mount, wardrobe skins, collectibles and a piece of gear or two. There might also be a sale running in the RIFT store, keep your eyes open for the announcement on the RIFT blog for that.

Cross-shard trading
    Players will be able to trade (direct player-to-player trade) items and platinum with characters from other shards. In-game mail and the auction house are not affected by this, but might get an update later too.

Balance changes
    4.1 also comes with massive balance changes, almost every soul will get minor to major adjustments. It’s way too many to list them all up here, if you want to know more about them, check the PTS section of the RIFT forums, there are many pages of upcoming changes.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...e-changes.html
    Last edited by Seshatar; 03-17-2017 at 08:22 AM.
    TWITCH.TV/SESHATAR | TWITTER: @Seshatar | <SoF> Community Discord

IGN: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra <Skins on Farm> / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight <Aced>

Plane Walker

At the risk of sounding stupid... What about the new zone?

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    Was not announced as part of patch 4.1 - probably coming with 4.2 or later.

Seshatar for assistant Rift CM.
    Hepatitis@Greybriar
    Rift Raids
    Mistakes Were Made
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Ascendant

I'm hoping they change some things about Planar Crafting because right now, the only thing making it relevant is one item; that helmet.

There's also a lot more on the store for Affinity, including most of the SFP token goodies.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Shadowlander

Default Lore background

I am excited about Eternal Weapons/Armor. Hopefully they come with some lore behind each piece in order to expand on the story and fill in some holes that may be out there.

Geeked out to see it.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    . Not all weeklies are on PTS yet
    Nice write-up, did find two new weeklies so far on PTS, both on the top floor of Alittu.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5295107

Champion

Planar crafting
    Planar crafting will also get relevant again. New crafting rifts, materials and recipes will come for those who like to spend their time at the work bench. It was also confirmed by the devs, that the helmet from planar crafting will be best-in-slot for some time, so it will definitely be worth the effort. I’m already excited to see those massive craft rift farm raids again and hope the payouts will be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    I'm hoping they change some things about Planar Crafting because right now, the only thing making it relevant is one item; that helmet.
    I must be missing something. After checking the PTS for the Planar Crafting recipes, the plate helmet is barely better than the expert one we have now. It does have 300 hit for some reason, while the ranged weapon while also beeing a slight upgrade over the expert one, has 250 hit.

I kinda fail to see the hype of planar crafting tbh. Especially with the easy LFR raid and it's gear.
    <Tyael@Gelidra>
    ...Stack on 8...

Rift Disciple

Thank you for the write up. Very nice of you.

Rift Master

Just to double check, I assume the updated Sparkle Quest will still be a patrons only monthly quest?
    Last edited by Rhipf; 03-16-2017 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    Was not announced as part of patch 4.1 - probably coming with 4.2 or later.
    I believe "Northern Tenebrean Schism" will be coming in 4.2. The zone definition file is in place, and recent live streams would indicate that there will be a storm legion presence somewhere on the comet of Ahnket, making NTS the most likely candidate.
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rhipf View Post
    Just to double check, I assume the updated Sparkle Quest will still be a patrons only monthly quest?
    This is correct. with a new type of sparkles, so you can't use your old ones.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

For all our German players, I made a user special on the MMORPG magazine buffed:

http://www.buffed.de/Rift-Spiel-3020...ch-41-1223247/

Rift Disciple

Remember when trion said BiS items will always come from raiding? I do.

I like this 4.1 hype which actually is what should have been there when starfail prophecy launched and is now being sold as something cool that we been waiting for.

Class balance 5 months in? Sounds legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Harski View Post
    Remember when trion said BiS items will always come from raiding? I do.
    You need to finish the new raids multiple times to upgrade your eternal weapons to max.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast