+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 6th Anniversary Sweepstakes: What's your favorite RIFT event, and why?

Champion

I loved the PVP skirmish events! Because they're free for all. When I joined them, I got ganked and I ganked others. The chaos is absolutely fantastic, imho.

My favorite is in fact Volan. having over 100 people, fighting Volan together with little to no lag, having the huge distance view once inside with everyone fighting around him, the jumping pads for a different angled advantage instead of closed in with walls all around you all playing on a single level, is boring to me. Volan had some of the greatest views of a boss fight, little to no lag even on my old computer, and even had soloable open content after we took him down, no need to find a group to be 'winning'.

T

Plane Touched

I love so many of them.

I have to go with Volan because it is so unique and it never runs anymore. I still need to jump on his head/chest a few times for the acheive.

I do love fortress defense in Steppes as well.

There are so many I like and they rarely pop anymore.

Treea@faeblight

Default 6th Anniversary Sweepstakes: What's your favorite RIFT event, and why?

Beta.

10characters/fewerviablespecs

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by irieguin View Post
    I have to go with Volan because it is so unique and it never runs anymore. I still need to jump on his head/chest a few times for the acheive.
    Volan still happens, I see it at least once per month (missing jump achiev too).
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

To be completely honest, I think Cracking Xarth's Skull is one of my favorite events. I liked that it was actually a race against the clock (even if it was artificial from lag). The stages are fairly unique and the reward encourages more to participate. I like that the mini bosses are unique as well.

Not entering the contest though.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Soulwalker

My favorite zone event would have to be Under the Table in Dendrome. Who doesn't love getting drunk while fighting a boss

Default The purging of Gloamwood Pines

I have many favourites, but one that comes to mind is probably one of the first ones I did way back at launch (or maybe one of the late betas) :

The purging of Gloamwood Pines

To this day, if it is ongoing or starts while I am in the zone... I HAVE to progress it... if only to experience the *gem* of voice acting involved in the stages progression dialog of the Hag.

It still makes me laugh... even if the first time... I never saw a boss and ripped across the whole zone (well, *ripped* as fast as a 60% Tartagon can) ... right off a cliff into Scarlet Gorge as I was convinced the Hags voice was getting (louder) that way...

Those mean lvl (26-30 ?) mobs handed my butt to me in no time on my shiny new lvl 21 mage... there were no summons, no /stuck and no insta-portals yet, nothing to do but wait 20 mins for my soul recall)... even then I didn't mind, I was HOOKED and couldn't wait to get back into the game.

Aye good times

and few voice pieces are as memorable to me (ok maybe *believe in pillow* from Skylla and *Hello girls...did you miss me ?* from Swindler Maelow in RotD.
    Oh! and tut tutt Johan
    Last edited by Jool; 03-13-2017 at 12:31 PM.
    Jooliah
    Guardian Mage Faeblight
    Manumanu
    Defiant Primalist Faeblight
    Nordvegr

Shadowlander

I don't have a favourite, but I still remember the very first zone event in Freemarch very soon after launch...the dark skies, everyone running around carrying stones, lots of chaos, and what lvl50s there were helping with the mini bosses. So much fun.
    Also loved the fortress siege one in Steppes, and the one where you jumped on the pies (because it was different). Anything that required a decent amount of people, and a little coordination. These ZEs recently - too much kill x invasion, close x rift, kill boss.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Tamarama's Avatar

My favourite event is the 'Tales of the Ascended' daily quest that opens the raid rift in Shimmersand. I love the little tales that vary each day and we only get to do it for a short while each year so it never gets old.

Better Homes and Dimensions - A blog just for Dimensions.

Soulwalker

Thumbs up Release the Yrlwalach!

Probably not a popular choice, but the Yrlwalach event on Tyrant's Throne has to be my top pick. Actually need to think and move during the event, and those turrets and vehicles were fun as hell!

Probably my fondest memory of NT was running a Necro mage through the content. Skelly Knight had aggro from BOTH Reflections plus adds, while the 'Tank' and most of the raid were still on the boss. Still giggle thinking about that madhouse, and getting the win despite all the inexperienced toons trying to kill a boss that's IMMUNE! Lol!

+1 Yrlwalach!

I cant help myself. I know its overly popular, but I have to pick Volan. So epic. Loved the massive size of Volan, tearing off the armor, jumping on his head. Also enjoyed the time limited unlock of his stomping ground if victorious. (quests, unique fishing area, etc.)

Soulwalker

My favorite Rift Event was all those hours spent on Unstable Artifact events.. Loved going out and hunting thieves and getting enough artifacts to purchase all the squirrels. It took forever to accomplish but liked the fact that there were little prizes along the way so not to discourage you... a dimension item here and there and being able to sick frogs and squirrels on other players...the gift that keeps on giving

Cracking Xarth's Skull and Volan of course.

Why? I love it when so many People still don't know what they should do in the swamp ...

Volan just of this epic looking fight!

Soulwalker

Default Cracking Xarth's Skull

I think a lot of people hate this one - there's a number of different objectives and it's hard, but that's why I like it. There's too many ZE's that are the same and no challenge. I know they've already extended one of the timers and I'd bet they'll do it again to make it a bit easier, but they shouldn't..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast