Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Wulf the Adventurer
  • 1 Post By Aethebryn
  • 1 Post By Xlavius
  • 1 Post By Laeti

Thread: Equipment Protection Idea

Soulwalker

Default Equipment Protection Idea

Hi all..."long time player, first time poster".

So, it finally happened. I runebroke an item I did not intend to. I meant to runebreak an item I got from a warfront box, but it mistakenly equipped and runebroke my SFP expert item. (And for everyone who has been wondering how to get Tenebrean Stars..this would be the NON-recommended way!) I do have a ticket open with Customer Support, so it's being looked into. The purpose of this post is not that. The reason I am posting here is because it occurred to me that a very simple way to avoid this issue as a game mechanic would be to institute a toggle in the Character screen. This toggle would allow a player to lock the currently equipped items. While they are locked, the item would not be able to be removed or replaced by another. Unlocking the toggle would allow items to be removed or replaced. Very similar to the current Action Bar Toggle. And if someone didn't like the lock feature, that person could just leave it unlocked with no hassle.

Well, that's my suggestion. I'm not sure how difficult that would be to institute from a technical perspective, but that's the idea I had. Thank you for your time in reading this.
    Last edited by Wulf the Adventurer; 03-06-2017 at 07:11 AM.

Soulwalker

Default I agree.

I'd like to see the item status toggle for no-sell no-break available in the player UI. It's implemented usefully in other games through a simple inventory lock icon where it: 1 simply doesn't show the item in a vendor sell list/greys them out like attempting to apply a rune to the wrong kind of item or 2: just denies the action/asks for confirmation. I think at least asking confirmation for anything blue or better makes sense and would be very helpful.

Rift Chaser

Default Totally agree!

Since we once again require separate gear sents for PVP and PVE, being able to protect items from runebreaking/selling/destroying has become an even more important feature. My bags are always stuffed with gear that I want to keep. It hasn't happened to me yet, but it's bound to happen sooner or later.

Good idea and worth the time to work on, the same thing happens to lots of people all the time and it's usually a reason to open a ticket so they could restore the item for you (so a lock feature would save the CS time).

Meanwhile, if you haven't yet, open up a ticket, explain what happened to you (it's nice to provide as much detail as possible, like item name/source if you remember etc) and ask them to restore the item. I know it worked before in similar situations. Good luck!
    Laeti@Laethys/Aelari@Laethys
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Twitter~Rift-Discord~Raid Guides~RIFT360
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

I made the suggestion about having a separate bag for gear prior to any announcements of SFP and a few days later this thread was posted http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...bag-ideas.html

Mine was the second highest voted, but this was long before the idea of minimizing the amount of gear you used to have, especially if you tanked and damaged. Maybe this is something they can still do for people who PvP and PvE, but for the most part it's not really an issue for people who just do one or the other since you only wear one set of gear now.
    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Soulwalker

Great Idea. and the code is already written for the action bar can't think it would be that hard to rewrite it for the character slots
    V

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    I made the suggestion about having a separate bag for gear prior to any announcements of SFP and a few days later this thread was posted http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...bag-ideas.html

Mine was the second highest voted, but this was long before the idea of minimizing the amount of gear you used to have, especially if you tanked and damaged. Maybe this is something they can still do for people who PvP and PvE, but for the most part it's not really an issue for people who just do one or the other since you only wear one set of gear now.
    I would really like to have something like this implemented. I have just as much gear in my bags as i did before SFP launched. Planar fragments didnt really reduce the amount of gear significantly for me anyway. I even have pvp and pve shields for tanking because of stat downgrading of pve gear in pvp.
    Last edited by Doveblack; 03-20-2017 at 10:11 AM.
    Doveblack@laethys(cleric) Blackdovey@laethys(rogue) Blackdovie@laethys(mage)

Guild: Doves

Do you know what you can mistakenly runebreak?
    personal Wyrmbane Spire Teleport Device
    personal Zareph's Return Teleport Device
    personal Chancel of Labors Teleport

and that just made my day

at least Tempest Insignia is safe
    Ascend A Friend Join me in RIFT http://bit.ly/1jS6dt2
    or if you already there, redeem this code - CEWPH7C3NH2TDNQH29Z3
    receive presents + 28slot bags and a mount for a good beginning
    POWER*LEVELING from x to 65 - pay with plat, rex or epic unstables - on EU and NA

Isp
    Plane Touched
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

+ Reply to Thread