+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By notawaifu
  • 1 Post By Boase

Thread: New Mage pet skins

Default New Mage pet skins

Hi folks.

As so many others, I like to change my pets around every now and then, so when the new skins arrived, I bought almost all of them. Including the 3 Baacs for my mage, because I like their look. One thing annoys me, though, and that is the Marauder skin. It's supposed to cover the Knight, a tanking pet, yet it has absolutely nothing that indicates that. The Dreadtrooper is fine, it's clearly a DPS skin with the dualwielding axes, but the Marauder is not holding any weapons, shield or wearing any kind of armor that says "I can tank for you".

Does anyone know why this is? Trion just forgot to add stuff to the model or is it for the fun of if ("haha, I can do this barehanded, you sux")?

"new"

They're the ptw models they had out when the Planetouched Wildes came out. They were locked away behind lockbox rng. Now finally adding them to buy right out. As in they're straight model copy paste from the few unique mobs in that zone. Does the correct corresponding mob have a shield?
    Last edited by notawaifu; 03-04-2017 at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    Does the correct corresponding mob have a shield?
    No clue, I skipped most of PTW when it was current because I wasn't really playing at the time. Does it?

I guess I should have made the title "new in shop" instead of just "new", but hey, I didn't know better. And it's also beside the point, which is: Why is the tanking skin not showing any signs of being capable of tanking?

Angry

I got so excited when read *new pet skins* only to be very disappointed when i logged in to see...air and fire pet for mages exactly the same only different colors. HOW BORING and lazy Trion, was really disappointed
    Purrr@Faeblight, Meowie@Faeblight, Purrfect@Faeblight, Xhex@Faebight + others

Karma..what goes around comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by Purrr View Post
    I got so excited when read *new pet skins* only to be very disappointed when i logged in to see...air and fire pet for mages exactly the same only different colors. HOW BORING and lazy Trion, was really disappointed
    those aren't the new-ish ones

Hello, I have a quick question, are these new pets skins perm or temporary?.

they're permanent

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    they're permanent
    Thanks for the reply, I'm glad that they are permanent. Now I don't have to worry and I can buy them whenever.

Yeah, the new pet skins were a real letdown. I'm honestly amazed that Trion can screw something so basic up like this. Of all things, you'd think a F2P game would bother having some effort put into cosmetic item stuff once in a while.

Those aren't the new pet skins lol those have been in game for at least 2 years.

The "newest" pet skins were ones found in lockboxes but they decided to put them on the store. The skins came out when PTW came out.

The mage skins are only for Necro pets.
    Last edited by Boase; 03-06-2017 at 04:34 PM.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

No love for elementalists! 😲
    Grl / Grrrl / Grrrrl / Grrrrrl @Deepwood <Hello Kitty> Grrrrl / Grl @Zaviel and probably more...

RETIRED

Quote Originally Posted by Grrrrl View Post
    No love for elementalists! 😲
    Yeah I know, I was sad little Mini Mage for a while.

Active Dimensions - Mupi's Home

+ Reply to Thread