+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Cleavedotcom
  • 2 Post By makerofwidows

Thread: PVP PVE gear switching

Champion

Default PVP PVE gear switching

Now that PVE and PVP gear is split up again [sigh] my age-old problem of gear switching has returned also. I know the split was done upon many user request, but not mine. Oh how I loved having just one set of gear for both!

I still don't have all PVP gear covered, nor do I have PVE gear completely covered. Things get mixed up quickly. As a result I sometimes do warfronts partially with PVE gear, and vice versa.

How do you guys handle this problem? Or is this the main reason some people focus only on PVP and other focus only on PVE? Or do people just don't bother specializing the gear and trust bolstering?

I wish gear could be tied to roles. I have separate builds for PVP and PVE anyway. It would ensure having the correct items, focus/essences and fragments are used. Much more manageable, imho.

Soulwalker

Try addon called Roles, works great and allows auto loading kalerts etc
    Sheepopi , Sinjii , Cleavedotcom

Rift Chaser

equip your pvp gear and type /saveequip 1
    equip your pve gear and type /saveequip 2

make a macro for pvp with the line: loadequip 1
    make a macro for pve with the line: loadequip 2

when entering pvp press macro 1
    when entering pve press macro 2

problemo solved just be sure up resave when an upgrade to that loadout is looted
    you can also add the line: role x for your pvp role into the macro and it will change your equipment as well as your role
    Last edited by makerofwidows; 02-27-2017 at 06:03 AM.

Split up split up?

It's not just "you can earn acceptable pve gear through pvp" anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

Rift Disciple

Default there is , and its dead easy

just as in the above post you can macro your gear,fragments and role to a magro in a moment'
    you can "/saveequip 1" for gearsets 1-whatever
    note that it also saves the loaded frag set with equipset when you do that
    "role 1" loads your role#1 from your soultree window,
    so look at your soultree window and see which roles are which number

now make a macro, I name them whatever you want, like "tank" or whatever you want,

my tank macro is
    role 4
    loadequip 3

its that easy, 2 lines, loads role, gear and frag set

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by hawkemoon View Post
    just as in the above post you can macro your gear,fragments and role to a magro in a moment'
    you can "/saveequip 1" for gearsets 1-whatever
    note that it also saves the loaded frag set with equipset when you do that
    "role 1" loads your role#1 from your soultree window,
    so look at your soultree window and see which roles are which number

now make a macro, I name them whatever you want, like "tank" or whatever you want,

my tank macro is
    role 4
    loadequip 3

its that easy, 2 lines, loads role, gear and frag set
    And load kalerts, and wardrobe, and do it for roles (12 in my case). And support special cases, like gear with token boost and tanking in dps gear. It is much simpler to use roles addon as suggested above. It is good to know how to do it manually, but addon is much more convenient - and it does not eat places on your action bars too.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Telaran

I used to have macros that switched gear with roles - but I have moved away from that. Why? Role switching can be interrupted - gear switching cannot.

I had a couple of times when I went to switch to tank, got interrupted in the middle, started fighting - and did not realize I was running around with the wrong gear on.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    How do you guys handle this problem?
    Like this:
    PVP PVE gear switching-roles.jpg
    Sword for DPS fragments
    Shield for tank fragments
    1, 2 and 3 for Kalert sets
    And the rest of the buttons are the roles.

You can do the same for equipment like mentioned in other posts regarding saveequip/loadequip macros.

Those 2 bars are set to be the same across all my roles (You can set it somewhere in the game options), hence why the empty slot is blueish.
    Last edited by Snap; 02-27-2017 at 11:26 AM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Ascendant

Yeah I would really recommend you give Roles a try Snap. Everything is much cleaner and works better. I use left click for pve gear when switching roles, right click for pvp.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    Yeah I would really recommend you give Roles a try Snap. Everything is much cleaner and works better. I use left click for pve gear when switching roles, right click for pvp.
    Exactly this.

Champion

Thanks everyone for the excellent suggestions.

I've tried both solutions now and (to me) the manual saveequip + macro seems even less of a hassle than the roles addon. Or at least, the manual solution makes it much more clear what I'm doing. Still not ideal. I really loved that short period of gear unification!

Another gripe is having all the gear in my bags. It hasn't happened yet, but I'm bound to rune break something I want to keep at some point in time.

For now I'll just keep running dungeons in my PVP gear. They're easy enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    Doesn't addon reduce performance though, even if only slightly?
    I'd prefer having only the essential addons like Kalert, Minion Sender and Rift meter if the rest can be done through the standard UI just the same.

Since I don't really change my wardrobe set often, I don't really need more.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    Doesn't addon reduce performance though, even if only slightly?
    I'd prefer having only the essential addons like Kalert, Minion Sender and Rift meter if the rest can be done through the standard UI just the same.

Since I don't really change my wardrobe set often, I don't really need more.
    Not really unless you can barely run Rift in the first place.

But you really don't need an addon for switching roles in the first place.

All of my roles are set up using macros, and I've had zero problems or inconveniences.

My dps gear is saved as equipment set 1, so for instant my Harbinger role macro looks like

#show Reaper's Blade (have to be in harb when making the macro for this icon to appear and stay)
    suppressmacrofailures
    /role 1
    /loadequip 1

Your fragment set is counted as "equipment" so if you savequip x whatever freagment set is currently active is saved into that equipment set, my dps fragmens are set 1, tank set 2, so I just make sure the correct one is equipped before using saveequip.

Once you have your synergy crystals for specific roles, and also (used to be) trinkets, or maybe seperate weapons with procs, you can even add those seperatly to the macro, if they are not saved into their own equipment set, for instance

#show Reaper's Blade
    suppressmacrofailures
    /role 1
    /loadequip 1
    /equip nameoftheDPScrystal (you can shift click and item to port its name into a macro)

This should ensure that after the equipment set is loaded, the correct crystal is loaded, however it can act weird in some situations, and reequip the previous equipped crystal if it's told to equip something twice.

However it's not like you just have 2-3 possible equipment sets, I used to have 6 equipment sets, 4 of which were just for different healing item combinations, so it's possible to just save any gear combinations you want to equipment sets, and use macros or even chat commands to load them. You don't have to load your equipment set when you change roles either, you can have roles and equipment as separate macros.

In general, creating some extra, out of the way hotbars that persist across rolls (you can do this from your settings) is a very quick and easy way to handle roles and equipment without addons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

+ Reply to Thread