Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree202Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 4.1 March 29th?

Champion

Default 4.1 March 29th?

I do not really understand how this can be happening to the game I love or at least loved prior to 2017. Is it really true that Trion is now saying all those things you have been forced to wait for will now be another month before release?

I run Dawn of Terror, a guild on Faeblight and prior to that Seastone and prior to that Stonecrest. We have been here as a raiding guild with a family feel or a family guild that raids since the game came out. We have been big and active since the start, never bailing on rift and dealing with all the ups and downs that Trion threw at us.

When SFP was announced, we were really worried about the move away from 20 man raiding because well that is what we were based around. We had cleared 8/9 MoM and 4/4 HM COA with 2 groups and 2/4 HM in the third. We had people on at night (usually 25-45) and even when raiding we had other folks running WF, doing dimensions, experts, crafting, rifts you name it.

Fast forward since SFP came out - our guild is DYING. Players who logged in 6 or 7 nights a week for years started logging in to say hi and then just tab out cause they were 70 and nothing to do. The logins became less frequent and our guild is down to 10-15 on at night max with most of them tabbed out. As Maker posted we had some energy on PTS and you could feel people being willing to give Trion one last chance with 4.1 as it drew closer. Even so we were down to about 18 people committed to our 10 man teams from 38-42 prior to SFP.

I know Brasse acted like something was wrong with maker for sounding frustrated, but ye gods dont you get this lack of content and the delays and bugs and crashes and disappointments around this game are destroying Rift? You are destroying my guild. I put a lot of time into it over the years and it means a lot to me and my guildies.

Right now, we have:

1) No raid content
    2) No raid rifts
    3) No crafting rifts
    4) No PVP rifts
    5) No conquest
    6) No new warfronts
    7) No PA
    8) No new guild levels or new guild quests

That is just off the top of my head. You have taken a game and slowly gutted it in the name of progress. You fail to deliver then blame people for being frustrated or not constructive. It is not our fault you promised stuff and failed to deliver. It is not our fault that months after the game has come out you have failed to deliver anything post launch except a buggy zone event, 1 crappy LFR boss, and a recycled 5 man that we all ran into the ground before November 16th.

I think it is long past time you guys admit you really really really screwed up and go into we need to make it up to you mode. Instead of acting like drink service will be as normal as the Titanic sinks beneath the waves, say we really screwed up and we are going to do all we can to keep this alive for as many of you as we can. Admit the fault is with you and not the players who have sunk thousands of dollars on this game over the years.

I dont know what has happened to Scott Hartsman's vision of a triple A mmo, but this isnt it. I dont know what happened to the game that inspired so many highs for their players that the lows could always be excused. I do not know what happened to the game that pledged a new commitment to listening to and responding to its players. I do know that this is a disaster.

What percentage of the player base do you think you have lost since:

1) SFP was announced?
    2) SFP was released?
    3) LFR and the zone event failed
    4) The announcement that nothing was going to happen until 4.1 was released and then 4.1 would not be until March 1
    5) The announcement that 4.1 will now be pushed back another month?

I do not get how this could be allowed to happen. You guys havent even finished the producers letter promised for 2017 yet.

I would really like some kind of answer as to what the hell is going on because right now it feels like the smart and sane decision for any guild in Rift is to...leave Rift.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by dundare View Post

I would really like some kind of answer as to what the hell is going on because right now it feels like the smart and sane decision for any guild in Rift is to...leave Rift.
    Completely agree with everything you said. Anyone who stayed this long into SFP has essentially been lied to, then treated like children when we voice our displeasure whether it be on the forums or discord.

As for what people should do? I recommend playing another game, whether it be WoW, Black Desert Online, ESO, heck even SWTOR.

Most of the people I knew in rift no longer log in,it's really disheartening to see your friends list dwindle from 20+ online constantly to 5/6, especially when 4 out of those 5 or 6 are in your guild.

As for me? I'm playing WoW with most of the other people in Trinity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    "I don't like what you're saying, so I'mma get triggered and shame you somehow." ~RIFT Forums, 2016

Soulwalker

I am also a leader in Dawn of Terror and its really sad to see 6 people on at night when we had 30+ before SPF and since then the numbers just get less and less. We have a LFR that people log on for on Wed night for 10 min (Thats being Gracious on length of time) then right after they just insta log. There is absolutely nothing to log on for. So far it seems like a complete waste of money for the expac, and nothing is as it was said to be. Killing 20 Mans was the first knock on Guilds now this..... Trion is basically shooting itself in the foot. I am just very extremely disappointed in this game now. So basically I totally agree with Dundare's post. Would sure like some legit answers.

Telaran

Default That's right

it's really sad .
    It is really looks like yall don't care about us no more.
    I have asked vladd today on live stream how come I spend so much credits on charges for QF and ran it over 90 times and yet to get loot.
    he told me that I'm 1 of a mill chance that something like this happens .
    so instead of coming to me we sorry lets fix it I just told I'm unlucky . really?
    I'm half way in the silver tier loyalty that a lot of real money put into this game I would aspect lil bit more the you unlucky.
    so I wont PAY no more no patron no credits nothing.
    we have no raids we have no content we have nothing but monitoring crossevent chat .

Champion

Dol Amroth checking in here.

What is happening to DoT is happening to DA. We have lost a lot of people and most who say they are "on a break" will never return. A lot of what keeps people playing a game is habit. They fall into a rhythm of logging in and out at certain times most nights. Once that habit is broken you generally don't see the player again. I can't count the number of people over the years who told me they were taking a short break and never return.

Four and a half months wait for a 10 man expert is just crazy and who knows how long it will be for the 10 raid. I feel bad trying to recruit people knowing the guild is being driven out of business.

At least I have the satisfaction knowing I ran a successful guild for years until mismanagement beyond my control took us to the breaking point. I wish I could say things will be fine but another month may be our undoing.

Hang tough Sutra, the old timers still left have to stick together.

There is a reason why we didn't want this game to go F2P

We foreseen what eventually was going to happen. We have played other such games, we watch and we learned...

And we knew...

There's no true answer for the scope of what has transgressed unless you ask the CEO yourself of the plans laid out from the beginning and the company's plan for the future.

We can only hope that things get better. But...We can always go fishing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC3eXTcvfH0

Hello Kitty GM also checking in here. Please, listen to what players are saying across the board. It's the long time loyal people who are drifting away in droves. A large number of the hardcore PvPers and Raiders left a long time ago.

The ones who are still here want this game to be around long term, and want to find worthwhile reasons to continue playing it. Taking content out (wfs and cq for example) and continuously pushing back new content is a bit discouraging.
    Shenoah@Deepwood
    GM - Hello Kitty
    ~how did I end up here, again?~

Class lead from Elysium here, and i'm not going to repeat what people has said before as its been repeated a multitude of times, my guild went from 12 people (small i know) to 1-2, maybe 4, and our weekly event is a dungeon run weekly and we pray its Gyel for new content. Things need to change or this wont last till April

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by dundare View Post

Right now, we have:

1) No raid content
    2) No raid rifts
    3) No crafting rifts
    4) No PVP rifts
    5) No conquest
    6) No new warfronts
    7) No PA
    8) No new guild levels or new guild quests
    Dont forget

9) No NEW SPELLS

So we got a bunch of old spells "rehashed" into "Legendaries", but think about it - a new expansion with level increase but no new spells??

Overall, Trion, dont try to hide behind semantics here - I'm seeing some disingenuous wordplay from some devs already on the 4.1 pushback "its what the people want".

NO, THIS IS NOT WHAT PEOPLE WANT.

STOP TRYING TO FOOL US.

Personally Im in the "wait and see" camp. OFC if you have a Rift guild you need content for your guild, especially at the beginning of a xpac.

In retrospect I think its safe to say that throwing CoA onto a desintegrating raid scene instead of reserving it for 4.0 wasnt a great idea. It felt out of place.
    Also the new raid system where LFR is its own difficulty and its own half tier raid will cause issues going forward, because of the double workload of having two raids for every tier. This can lead to more delays and more rehashes than a more standard endgame system.

My suggestion going forward would be no half tier raids. Single difficulty full tier raids, grouping tool functionality for those who want to "roll the dice". Hard Mode only if the demand/playerbase is there and only on top of a working NM on live.
    Last edited by Ongar; 02-24-2017 at 11:26 PM.

Rift Chaser

Not too bright Trion, I don't think I've ever seen a company purposefully drive itself into the ground before, I'd say /popcorn but I do kind of like the game
    As long as expansion packs and Essential Edition are in the Rift Store for cash only purchases and are bind on pickup or bind on account only, then the game will be pay to win. Once you can buy them with store credits or can place them on the AH then the game won't be pay to win.

Shadowlander

Since the release of SFP I would not say that the team of trion lie to the community, but rather that it offers alternative facts, term very fashionable at the moment.
    Your forced positivism becomes laughable, almost insulting to the community. One begins to feel cheated, and snubbed.
    Why not really explain to us the state of the team of developers, the means at your disposal, the number of people who work on the game.
    I feel a big lack of motivation of your team, A look at the livestreams, their content, the attitude of "professionals" who address a community of fans and "customers"--> this isn't professionnal at all. Be serious, give real infos, show your work and commnunity will be happy.

in the military if you have a technical job to do then you double the man hours whether it requires it or not.

you guys really need to learn to say we are releasing x at y time then go back and double that time before you make any announcements. its gonna save you alot of heartache and most important players.

saying something is not ready 5 DAYS before people expected it is just so baffling.

is there a max level of players bled that you guys are comfortable with?

who the hell is setting deadlines for you guys? this person is literally trying to tank this game and you all need to do something about that.

Soulwalker

So...Lets reflect here. In the Feb 17 livestream, we were told, without a shadow of doubt that based on the devs, the level of finish, and where they felt they stood with the update that it would be ready by March 1 as planned...guaranteed. FAIL. Now today we are greeted with a message stating it would be pushed back not a day, not a week...but a whole month to polish it. When in reality it was clearly stated that the delay ISN'T due to needing that whole time to complete the final touches, its due to the fact that that TRION HAS to attend PAX....and right after PAX they are moving offices. Lets face it PAX is nothing more than an advertising event, a show and tell, with the hopes of enticing new people their way. But what about the people who are already here and patiently waiting.....getting this expansion right and completed SHOULD BE FIRST PRIORITY with what has happened so far...not put on the back burner and completed whenever they have time in between what appears to be more important endeavors. On top of that...PAX doesn't start until March 10. That is essentially 9 days...maybe 8 to get it done ASAP...Maybe hunker down...pull doubles, whatever...most jobs....if you don't make the deadline...you do whatever it takes...how long it takes, sleep or no sleep to get it done. I get pushing it back to make sure its right...that's ok. We, the community would have been ok with 7 days to tie up loose ends. Whats not OK is telling us it will be a month...when it really IS only a week based on exactly what was posted. FAIL

Plane Touched

3 weeks ago happened to see the advertisement about 4.1 that brings raids, so i thaught i could buy the game (even all the negativity on forums which happen to be 100% correct).

I thaught i could use those 3-4 weeks to gear up so i'm ready in time for raids.

Now with this 1 month delay i saw this morning, i find no reason to play rift and waiting 1 month doing almost nothing... i'm suprised how these folks in trion always find a reason to make negativity even more negative !!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast