+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Kirakita
  • 1 Post By Mendota
  • 1 Post By Shanoah

Thread: Server lag killed the Xarth Mire event!

Soulwalker

Default Server lag killed the Xarth Mire event!

We had 13 minutes to charge the siege cannons, with lots of dps there, but it took 11 minutes to do so because of the 8 and 9 second global cooldowns.... the lag was HORRENDOUS! Then, with 2 minutes left to kill the boss, we lost it by 30 seconds because of the same 8-10 second lag on our abilities.
    If the event fails, time and again, because of the lag that ensues when 100 people are there for the raid, you need to do something to help alleviate the severe lag issues. Otherwise, people will get tired of trying to win the event, losing through no fault of their own (i.e., the server lag), and after getting disgusted so many times, will quit trying the event.
    Please do something to fix the lag!!!!

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kirakita View Post
    the event fails, time and again, because of the lag that ensues when 100 people are there for the raid, you need to do something to help alleviate the severe lag issues. Otherwise, people will get tired of trying to win the event, losing through no fault of their own (i.e., the server lag), and after getting disgusted so many times, will quit trying the event.
    Please do something to fix the lag!!!!
    The ability lag happened to two separate raids again today, WE failed because of ability/server lag. I hope the DEVs address this issue.

The Siege is pretty much unplayable on my computer. I get the eternal frozen screen, followed by a restart, followed by loading in dead.

Not to mention the invasion mobs that spawn camp the rez spot.

Fun times - not so much.
    Shenoah@Deepwood
    GM - Hello Kitty
    ~how did I end up here, again?~

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Mendota View Post
    The ability lag happened to two separate raids again today, WE failed because of ability/server lag. I hope the DEVs address this issue.
    • The lag seems to be due to the large number of players in the area.
    • Maybe Trion could fix the lag by capping the number of players in the zone. That would make me happy if I was in the zone, unhappy if I was trying to get in and couldn't.

The following workarounds may be worth trying:
    1. Hide other players. If you don't know what key this is bound to, press <esc> and look at your keybinds. By default, you have to hold that key down continuously to make it hide other players. However, it is possible to turn it into a toggle. Mind is bound shift-\. If I press the shift key and the \ key, release the \ key, and then release the shift key, it toggles. If that doesn't work for you, google "rift hide players". There are other methods to make it toggle.
    2. Turn your graphics settings down.
    3. Use the low-quality graphics engine.
    Last edited by Bigguss; 02-24-2017 at 07:55 AM.

+ Reply to Thread