Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Crafting rifts and individual reward charges

Default Crafting rifts and individual reward charges

So currently on the PTS, crafting rifts have individual rewards. After your first completion of the day/week/whatever, you are asked for 3 individual reward charges for additional loot.

Enough is enough. This goes against the very spirit of grouping up and doing rifts. It goes against the foundations of Rift and what it attempts to achieve, and what made Rift different from other MMOs. Crafting rifts are already gated by a lure that can only be obtained once per week with a high crafting level character. They can't be gated more, especially with credit only options.

We've already been nickled and dimed in this expansion with individual reward charges. There's already very little incentive to form and do Queen's Foci after a successful Fortress Siege. Don't kill incentive for players to group up and do weekly crafting rifts.

We need to come together as a community and say no. Revenue is one thing, but killing content and locking open world loot behind paywalls is not the way to go.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 02-20-2017 at 08:19 PM.

Champion of Telara Holyroller12's Avatar

I haven't checked PTS, but maybe (hopefully) it's just a bug since individual reward bags use the same planar bags that we've always used prior to the expansion. If it's not a bug then...

#saynotocraftingriftindividualrewards

That's how the kids use those hashbrowns these days right?
    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

What makes it worse is only getting 2-5 charges a week. If we had 15+ charges we could decide what we wanted to do throughout the week.

Once you are out of charges and you get your +2 on wednesday you have to decide if you want to roll once on a chance at a raid drop or want drops from a crafting rift? And once that is gone you do nothing for the rest of the week?
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Well... suppose they want you to play other games for the rest of the week or something since you can virtually do everything you need in Rift in 1 night now. ... unless you fork over some credits.
    Serale@Faeblight

General of Telara

Yea it's weird how Rift keeps shrinking down to a Wednesday game...
    Log in and do everything with a weekly lockout while it's easy to find groups, because for the other 6 days of the week it'll be a PITA.

So for those other 6 days...uhm...you're locked out of everything halfway interesting.
    Dimension Addon 'Tinker Tools' is now available on Curse!
    Or grab the latest development code on GitHub.

Rift Disciple

You gotta be kidding right? I was getting bored and thinking about downloading the game again, but this kinda of stuff makes it an easy decision not to.
    Dreezie, Brazil, Drysparklebox, Greystreet, JoeBowers, Loveforty, Leftcoastbias

Telaran

ive already said no, you can too.

you say no with your wallet my friend. or you can play something else.

not trying to be rude.

Quote Originally Posted by beyondcaring View Post
    ive already said no, you can too.

you say no with your wallet my friend. or you can play something else.

not trying to be rude.
    The problem is that just not paying for it isn't really fixing the problem. The problem is that the fun of getting a crift group together and running around gathering materials together is near pointless now if IRC are required after a completion. It's removing a portion of group content that has been the cornerstone of Rift just for a few bucks.

Saying "no" by not buying IRCs doesn't really stop them from taking away the group content.
    Irlowe@Deepwood Iirlowe@Deepwood Urlowe@Deepwood Primalowe@Deepwood Rlowe@Deepwood
    <Halcyon>

Coming soon:
    After you play for 3 hours in a single week, you have to use 7 IR charges to be able to play for 1 more hour

Ascendant

Had to log in to like this post.

The places this game is going are just... astounding. First they go B2P (because "highly polished content"), then on top of that entrance fee for an unfinished product, they add credit prices to just about everything.

I'm currently not playing because of this horrible business model. I still stay around in the vain hope something might change, but stuff like that will surely not make me come back. So, me and my wife's 30 bucks per month go into some other company's coffers.
    Last edited by Elayara; 02-20-2017 at 11:26 PM.

All these "insert token to continue" elements are incredibly disheartening. I had good conversations at PAX with the devs and went to panels with them, and it really felt like they were moving the game in a more healthy, less nickel-and-dime direction. They said the up-front cost for purchasing SFP would make it so fewer microtransactions are necessary (to quote "we realized things like earring slots and many paypoints was unpopular"). So far it just seems like we were charged for SFP and asked to pay to get loot. Doesn't seem like the tradeoff came to fruition.

First with fragments, now with pay 2 roll in LFR, and in the future with something as trivial as CRIFTS, it feels more and more like I was misled.

I really hope this is just a bug, I'm sick of fee 2 pay.
    Last edited by Rivkah; 02-20-2017 at 11:54 PM.

Rift Master

Agreed, enough is enough! Why the hell was this expansion buy to play for then?

I was just waiting for some more price tags to show up, since i heard that primalist's second pack would be free for what i understood most primalist players. Trion had a habit of dishing out paying additions to the game every few months for the past few years, or making some changes to patron etc. (soul packs, ntm packs, primalist packs, ...). So i'm guessing something has to make up for that, unless that something is yet to come soon(tm).

You're killing the replay value of your content by puting a price tag on it's repetitions. Not to mention it makes the pool of players participating drop drastically after wedneday's reset.

Sadly i'm not surprised though. On the last live stream it was fairly obvious what Trion thinks of loot charges, "it pays for this guys and this guys food" and they need to cover their costs, which again begs the question what for was SFP a paid expansion again? Imrepssion i got was that they are very happy with implementing charges for loot rolls that are rng based so they can sell the chance to you for money, even more lotery.

I'm sure we'll see more of this and other new implementations added even this year...

Quote Originally Posted by Jotunn View Post
    Agreed, enough is enough! Why the hell was this expansion buy to play for then?

Sadly i'm not surprised though. On the last live stream it was fairly obvious what Trion thinks of loot charges, "it pays for this guys and this guys food" and they need to cover their costs, which again begs the question what for was SFP a paid expansion again? Imrepssion i got was that they are very happy with implementing charges for loot rolls that are rng based so they can sell the chance to you for money, even more lotery.

I'm sure we'll see more of this and other new implementations added even this year...
    Funny thing is... a part of this comment resembles something that i read earlier today on the same topic...

The devs are constantly reminding us on the streams that they need to eat and/or "pay the bills".
    If ur hurting that much for damn money surely you can't afford beer for a livestream?

Either way... this addition to crafting rifts(if its not actually a bug) is pathetic.
    ~Palmyy@Laethys~
    ~Nefarious MT Primalist
    Nefarious ~ 9/9 MoM(2/2 HM) ~ 4/4 HM CoA, NA #1
    Retired, pending how crap T2 is...

Rift is a mobile game now.

You get 2/5 free energy a week
    Content has a 1 per day/week free roll
    You have to spend energy to get addition rolls after your free roll is used.

The only way to get energy besides free week, and once a calendar month, is to buy it with money.

**** is actually mobile/facebook game just instead of hours/days it's week/month.
    Last edited by notawaifu; 02-21-2017 at 03:52 AM.
    No longer playing Rift
    Mage Bugs in 4.3

King of Slackers

The whole individual reward charge system is a joke. As long as the charges are not accountwide you can just farm LFR currency/essences/crifts with your alts and send them to your main char.
    We can squeeze more money out of the playerbase completely failed because every clever person will just farm with their alts as we see with Queens Foci at the moment.

Trion if you realy want to make more money, change the charges to be accountwide!!!

#inb4 Patchnotes 4.2

GENERAL
    * Changed the reward charges to be accountwide so every player has the same chance to receive the maximum loot per week.

RIFT SORE AND SERVICES
    * We added 10x/20x/50x reward charge bundles for a discounted price.

inb4 next post in 24h
    Last edited by keepor; 02-21-2017 at 04:29 AM.
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons
    Youtube
    Twitch
    Ghar Station Discord

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast