+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree17Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Glyph of the Shalistiri Temporarily Disabled

Also Tok's for the same reasons.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #17
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laraninni View Post
    these glyphs were the only way to reach some of the impossible to get to items in SFP- I'm thinking some artifacts and entrances to Tok's
    No artifacts or similar items have ever been placed anywhere in the game with the intention that any jumping special ability would be needed to reach them. This includes the Glyph of the Shalistiri and Opie - neither of these are REQUIRED to reach artifacts or Tok entrances. When Dead Simon is placing such things, he uses no such abilities to get there in his testing. They might make it easier, but they can still be reached via other means.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

If they aren't any otherwise freely reachable* locations then what kind of abuse are they talking about?
    Sadly i don't have the time nor the patience to list all locations of otherwise unreachable artifacts (and those aren't just a few). TBH, ever since i've switched to high elf a.k.a Angelic Flight, i've been having more success, but some are still "too cool to be caught".

About the rune: If the boost is disabled for warfronts, CQ and instances (excl. personal dimensions) and if it doesn't stack with NT water jump i don't see why it's that big of a deal.

* - i dare you to post a guide of reaching the Farseer on top of Choreburg arch to prove there aren't overlooking how reachable some places are.
    And dropping from above won't work, cause anything even remotely close to the palace will result to instant teleport to Margle.
    Last edited by Rakuda88; 02-07-2017 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Some edits

Quote Originally Posted by Rakuda88 View Post
    * - i dare you to post a guide of reaching the Farseer on top of Choreburg arch to prove there aren't overlooking how reachable some places are.
    Drop from the sea above?
    I'd try it but won't have time til Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Rakuda88 View Post
    If they aren't any otherwise freely reachable* locations then what kind of abuse are they talking about?
    If the boost is disabled for warfronts, CQ and instances (excl. personal dimensions) and if it doesn't stack with NT water jump i don't see why it's that big of a deal.

Dropping from above won't work, cause anything even remotely close to the palace will result to instant teleport to Margle.
    there is a part of the wall to the north of chorburg where you drop down to that bit of wall from the sea and then walk along the wall towards chorburg and drop down to the arch. it is defo reachable without anything special
    its at /setwaypoint 5799 5433
    Last edited by caduto; 02-01-2017 at 01:29 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    No artifacts or similar items have ever been placed anywhere in the game with the intention that any jumping special ability would be needed to reach them. This includes the Glyph of the Shalistiri and Opie - neither of these are REQUIRED to reach artifacts or Tok entrances. When Dead Simon is placing such things, he uses no such abilities to get there in his testing. They might make it easier, but they can still be reached via other means.
    This is absolutely wrong. I have run into a case where I could not reach the entrance to Tok's because it was sitting on top of a glass case in Allitu that I could not get to on the third level of Allitu, and there is an entrance that you cannot get to on top of some pipes on the first level of Allitu I think. I'm not making this stuff up
    As long as expansion packs and Essential Edition are in the Rift Store for cash only purchases and are bind on pickup or bind on account only, then the game will be pay to win. Once you can buy them with store credits or can place them on the AH then the game won't be pay to win.

General of Telara

This is absolutely wrong. I have run into a case where I could not reach the entrance to Tok's because it was sitting on top of a glass case in Allitu that I could not get to on the third level of Allitu, and there is an entrance that you cannot get to on top of some pipes on the first level of Allitu I think. I'm not making this stuff up
    I was thinking the same exact locations. No offense Tac, but read through the first 20 pages of the "Calweddi" thread. Simon had to move and pull Arties from certain places, and replace them.
    Korvac the conquerer.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #23
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by swordkata View Post
    I was thinking the same exact locations. No offense Tac, but read through the first 20 pages of the "Calweddi" thread. Simon had to move and pull Arties from certain places, and replace them.

Seriously folks I have said this a million times but I will say it again. Any things like this, be it artifacts or the entrance to Tok's is reachable with nothing more than a fast mount. You do NOT need Opie, you do NOT need Gift of the Shalistari. Do these things make it easier? absolutely but if you cannot reach it without it is a bug.

With respect to the specific Tok's entrances I have been to EVERY one without any special powers, you can absolutely do it. You just need to think outside of the box a little more, or in this case outside Allitu. It involves a tree and a really hard (but possible) jump onto the roof and then working your way down. Just because it is hard does not mean it is impossible!

Once inside Tok's getting your very own box to be able to enter from anywhere at any time is one of the easiest things to get. Alternatively you can wait for one of the easier to reach entrances to be up but by the very nature of them being easier they are going to be more contested.

Of course if there are legit bugs such as unreachable Artifacts I will fix them. The Tok Boxes however I have tested every one and I know they are possible.
    Last edited by Dead Simon; 02-02-2017 at 12:23 PM.

Soulwalker

Is there any Information how long it will be disabled?

Will it ever come back? I miss this Glyph while searching for artifacts

Quote Originally Posted by Siluria View Post
    Is there any Information how long it will be disabled?

Will it ever come back? I miss this Glyph while searching for artifacts
    Shhhh... if They know you're "abusing" them for reaching otherwise "freely accessible" artifacts you'll get in trouble.

Also, it's not like you actually leveled your runecrafter, payed for mats and crafted these glyphs, when you could have used materials for other things,... they were all free giveaways, right!?
    Last edited by Rakuda88; 02-07-2017 at 10:35 AM. Reason: sarcasm intensified

Soulwalker

Default Want This Glyph Back!

So when will they be back?

Go out the front door of Allitu either to the right or left both ways lead to the roof of Allitu which you can then drop down to where you need to be.... (fyi left side is easier) Hop from the rock to the building next to the dummies then follow the mountaintop down till you hit an invisible wall mount up and hop over to the roof of Allitu GG
    "You Can Never Truly Beat Someone Who Never Gives Up"

Quote Originally Posted by BlinDefender View Post
    So when will they be back?
    Judging from the lack of commitment in fixing it and the thread falling into obscurity - will not be anytime soon.

14.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #29
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Glyph of the Shalistiri should be usable on all servers once again.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Glyph of the Shalistiri should be usable on all servers once again.
    Huzzah
    Hurrah

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2