+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Buying REX

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    Doesn't matter if poorer countries (with lower wage levels) leave the Euro currency and start their own currencies again. The wage levels will not change dramatically in real terms (i.e. they will remain similar in Euro terms). Therefore the value of REX will not change that much in RL terms. Sucks, but that's life.

As an analogy ... imagine walking up to a player in the game who is selling REX and saying, "Hey dude, I am from <insert less developed country name here>, do you mind selling the REX at half the price because I don't make as much income as you guys do." What do you thnk the typical response would be? There'd be nothing to stop you buying the REX at 1kpp (using NA pricing) and turning around and re-selling it at 2kpp. Yeah .... no ... not going to happen.
    Exactly... but not for triple the amount either. That's why it would be so cool if we could buy Rex from the US auction house.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    Exactly... but not for triple the amount either. That's why it would be so cool if we could buy Rex from the US auction house.
    You can, just not with the plat you earned on EU. Quite a few people do that, actually. Credits are account wide (you can consume REX on NA and they will be there when you log on EU); just takes a farming toon, a toon (any level) on all shards to watch&compare the prices and enough time to earn plat on NA instead of EU.

Now as for the triple amount - that's not about euro and/or wages, that's about people's greed nothing else. There's always someone desperate enough who'd buy a REX for triple price instead of waiting or going to NA. That's who they're counting on. That's exactly the same thing that used to happen on NA when people were selling REX for 5k+ and even 10-15K knowing that it only helps jack up the price and someone desperate enough would buy it eventually.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    You can, just not with the plat you earned on EU. Quite a few people do that, actually. Credits are account wide (you can consume REX on NA and they will be there when you log on EU); just takes a farming toon, a toon (any level) on all shards to watch&compare the prices and enough time to earn plat on NA instead of EU.

Now as for the triple amount - that's not about euro and/or wages, that's about people's greed nothing else. There's always someone desperate enough who'd buy a REX for triple price instead of waiting or going to NA. That's who they're counting on. That's exactly the same thing that used to happen on NA when people were selling REX for 5k+ and even 10-15K knowing that it only helps jack up the price and someone desperate enough would buy it eventually.
    Clear thanks. I have barely enough time for my main toon as it is though. Waitning for prices to drop sounds more realistic.

This is all true and I agree 100% with you. But the stupid Euro and equally stupid EU wage differences are also not Trion's problem to fix.
    Average earned income and cost of living (as well as a multitude of other factors) vary drastically within the borders of the United States as well. For example, I live in central Indiana with a brother in San Diego (California) and one in Memphis (Tennessee) and real estate, average incomes and standard pricing for most goods can vary significantly in each of these areas.

Sorry to derail the thread anymore than necessary, but I thought this perspective might encourage our younger (or less traveled) Americans to understand these factors exist on both sides of the Atlantic.

Well, of course the purchasing power from EU is not TRION's problem, but if you see how many REXes there's in EU and how many in NA then you'll see there's a problem and it's TRION's.

If there isn't almost any REX in EU means that NOBODY is buying it so TRION don't get cash, if your business don't get cash you cannot pay your employees and everybody knows that nobody works for free...

Just saying, so TRION should look at it and think about a different prices policy or sth, like happens with Euro and Brittish Pound, it uses to be a different price, like 9.99 and 7.99GBP in a lot of games. Something like $9.99, 8.99 and ‎7.99. But anyway it's not my business and my business doesn't lose customers and money everyday like TRION's.
    Legendary Arkkam, The Dragon Tamer.
    Cleric of Inner Circle, Gelidra.
    Formerly known as Franark of Apotheosys, Typhiria

Quote Originally Posted by Shelenia View Post

EDIT: BTW to cath up with another thread around the forums, if TRION keeps their policy of keep platinum out of its game a lot of people won't be able to afford either their patron status nor their accounts/consumables, etc; and at the end it will be less players for the game.
    OH GOD NO!
    Last edited by TankGirl; 02-01-2017 at 06:35 AM.
    Ascend A Friend Join me in RIFT http://bit.ly/1jS6dt2
    or if you already there, redeem this code - CEWPH7C3NH2TDNQH29Z3
    receive presents + 28slot bags and a mount for a good beginning
    | WTS/WTT (EU) Bounty/Unstable arts |
    guild Wiewiorki Chaosu'@Typhiria

Clear thanks. I have barely enough time for my main toon as it is though. Waitning for prices to drop sounds more realistic.
    There's at least one thing you can do that might help a little bit - have a toon (even a lvl 10 will do - as long as it can travel to your capital city, or even a lvl 1 if you already have the Tempest Insignia) on each shard to check the prices once in a while. You need a lvl 40+ toon to transfer it with the amount of plat needed for a REX (a lvl 15 to transfer without any money), so if you have an alt you could use as an occasional mule - that's great. Then when you're close to having enough moneys for a REX, look on other shards and transfer the mule in case you find one cheaper than your home shard has. Consuming the credits - again - can be done on any shard; transferring the toon back takes a week. That's not gonna save you half the money, obviously, but it'll help you save some in case your home shard only has the most expensive REX left or it's a lucky time someone wants to sell cheaper elsewhere. Don't forget the Trade channel always has REX selling cheaper than the AH (but that takes more time spent monitoring the chat).
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2