+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 4.1 and yet another disappointment

Plane Touched

Default 4.1 and yet another disappointment

BiS from questing? New level of casual. Because raiding is hard i guess.

New raid is not there.

More rehash?

I'm sorry to break to you trion but rehashing old content does not count as new content. People didnt pay money to see stuff they have seen already many times before.

If you really want to kill Rift, just pull the plug.

I think your expectations are out of whack. Trion isn't Blizzard and doesn't have a fraction of the developers nor budget, and it's not like Return To and Intrepid are something new. As a contrasting data point: I'm fine with them; I never did RotP on level after all. Although Intrepid Gyel is merely ok, because it's from the most recent xpac.

No "real" raids for this long is new, and is not how I'd like it either.

But IMO you should adjust your expectations to be more realistic, and actively find the many things in the game that are enjoyable. Your enjoyment of the game is more up to you than to Trion. But if you can't, that's fine too.

Telaran

"Clerics, Mages, Warriors and Primalists will gain a 2-handed Eternal weapon, while Rogues will earn two one-handed Eternal weapons. On very rare occasions, Eternal armor pieces and additional weapons will also drop in Telara, and can be improved through the Active Upgrade system."

So no eternal bow ... ?
    All players loving rogue's ranged builds should leave?
    Last edited by Amael37; 01-28-2017 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    I think your expectations are out of whack. Trion isn't Blizzard and doesn't have a fraction of the developers nor budget, and it's not like Return To and Intrepid are something new. As a contrasting data point: I'm fine with them; I never did RotP on level after all. Although Intrepid Gyel is merely ok, because it's from the most recent xpac.

But IMO you should adjust your expectations to be more realistic, and actively find the many things in the game that are enjoyable. Your enjoyment of the game is more up to you than to Trion. But if you can't, that's fine too.
    Expecting new content in a new expansion is overexpecting.
    Right, Added to my notebook.

I think your expectations are out of whack. Trion isn't Blizzard and doesn't have a fraction of the developers nor budget, and it's not like Return To and Intrepid are something new.
    The problem i think that alot of people have is that, as you said Trion aren't blizzard, they don't have the manpower nor the budget to push out alot of content anymore yet they both charged the same price for each expansion.

As a new player right now Rift is the more expensive game to play by a mile and the quality(imo) has dropped so far it begs the question, with the vast difference in quantity and arguably quality, what was the reason behind charging players for an expansion that has less content than their previous free one. This time two years ago players had Rof, MS and Tyrants forge upcoming in a few weeks. This kept the mass population happy for a long time.

The quality that was promised for this expansion just was not there. We are 3 months (by the time of this update) into the expansion and already, we have two rehashed dungeons and a rehashed raid.
    Last edited by Lulutala; 01-28-2017 at 08:10 AM.
    Harrisonford

Plane Touched

I think your expectations are out of whack. Trion isn't Blizzard and doesn't have a fraction of the developers nor budget, and it's not like Return To and Intrepid are something new.
    Indeed, it's nothing new, new expansion in the other hand could ship with new.

This is not Blizzard product, nobody was even comparing it to one. Not that it matters in terms of product quality who the developper is cause if you want, you can actually make good stuff but it may take tad longer.

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

Quote Originally Posted by Harski View Post

New raid is not there.

More rehash?

I'm sorry to break to you trion but rehashing old content does not count as new content. People didnt pay money to see stuff they have seen already many times before.

Yes the new raid IS there. Tartaric Depths is a brand new raid, new location, new bosses and is coming with 4.1.

Rift Master

Well BiS from questing is nothing really new, I mean for awhile now you've been able to get BiS gear for a lot of slots via marks from weeklies, chrons, experts, pvp etc plus sparkle boxes so not really any different.
    Also BiS from questing doesn't necessarily mean for casuals, in Aion I remember back when I played some of the best armor(Fenris/Miragent) in the game came from a really long hard and grindy questline and I loved it...... That said I don't expect Trion to follow that path and it will probably be relatively easy so as to appease casuals lol.
    Last edited by Artak; 01-28-2017 at 01:39 PM.

The quest reward isn't the BiS item. Its the BASE item. You need to do content like raids and stuff to upgrade it higher than raid tier. When future tiers come out you kill X bosses in those raids to get it higher.

As stated above we are also getting TWO raids with 4.1 one of which is 100% new.

http://www.thegharstation.com/2017/0...pths-spoilers/

Can see some of the early datamined stuff there.
    Last edited by Boase; 01-28-2017 at 01:43 PM.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

To expect that when you purchase a new expansion, it will be fun, quality and engaging is unrealistic? Your post is ridiculous.

Do you honestly think that gameplayers of today dont know what is good and what isnt? With so many games to compare with versus 10 years ago the gaming community is more aware and hence more discerning. Also technology has improved and is cheaper, allowing devs to do more, bigger, better, as evidenced by so many other games. But not at Trion apparently.

As well as new players we have the older players who have previous expansions to compare to.

The op's expectations arent too high, in fact if they are still here I would suggest they are under par. Your standards are too low.
    Last edited by Haruchai; 01-28-2017 at 04:25 PM.

New raid is not there.

More rehash?

I think this method of obtaining a weapon should have been introduced a long time ago for Rift. It was very hard raiding every week and seeing people not get the weapons they want, or having a surplus of weapons for a class that doesn't need it anymore.

This is the one thing I really like about WoW and their introduction of the artifact weapon. You just do a storyline and you'll get your desired weapon to start with. Then you have other quests to get the other weapons.

As far as upgrading them goes, you can do it for numerous sources. So now you never have to worry about never seeing your weapon drop or struggling because you're playing multiple specs. Sure the artifact power had to get split between and then the legendaries mixed in with that..

But this is a really good thing for Rift. It's a shame it's come at a time when it's not making as big of an impact as it should. Kind of a "too late" thing here.

I think your expectations are out of whack. Trion isn't Blizzard and doesn't have a fraction of the developers nor budget
    Yes Trion isn't Blizzard and the budget cuts for this expansion have been painfully apparent. However, there are also many MMOs out there that have properly MANAGED to produce quality content without Blizzard's budget and manpower as well. Let's not invoke blind ignorance to justify lowered expectations for a PAID expansion.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    Yes the new raid IS there. Tartaric Depths is a brand new raid, new location, new bosses and is coming with 4.1.
    I'm wondering how that's going to happen on the time table that is now place. So much of it has not been playtested, yes? Is the plan to playtest soon, leaving no room before release to address the issues that pop up, or to release it without testing and be surprised by the issues that pop up? I don't see either of those options leading to a more satisfied customer base.
    We can't hear the true songs, we are alone under the cold moon.

I think your expectations are out of whack. Trion isn't Blizzard and doesn't have a fraction of the developers nor budget...
    I understand that they don't have the same resources as Blizzard. That earns my sympathy for the people who are accountable for the quality of work they produce. That does not earn them an exemption from living up to basic standards of quality. It does not exempt them from living up to their promises. It does not excuse the rampant number of bugs or the silly amount of server downtime that have been present as of late.

I really do sympathize with the team that has to try to make the game work with so little support from Trion. That said, A crappy product is a crappy product. It doesn't matter why it is that way.
    Starfall Prophecy? More like Overall Amount of Content Fall Prophecy.
    Prophecy of Ahnket? More like Prophecy of Content Drought.
    Rift: Maintenance Mode.

Shadowlander

Interesting on how people think.
    Blizzard is not successful due to how much man power or budget they have. They are successful because when they drop a new xpan they then start on a new one and they test it and when its done they release it with full content.
    Most the time there are never any real bugs and things run smoothly.
    One could argue on this but think about this. if trion started working on this xpan after nightmare tide and tested it then when they released it it would have been more successful i am sure. Also truth is new means new no matter how you look at it. New raid new content new dungeons should be new not rehashed old content. That is like buying a pair of shoes that went out of style 10 years ago and calling them new. Dont be stupid by saying its new just cause its revamped.
    Trion should have had all this done way before they released it anyways. If I had to guess I would say they are rehashing all this because they never sat down and came up with new stuff then when it was to late to do new stuff they said **** it lets rehash it and no one will know the difference.
    I feel bad for those that paid for this xpan because you paid mostly for rehashed stuff.
    I may get back in rift if and when something actually new comes to rift.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast