+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree59Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 4.1 and yet another disappointment

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Amael37 View Post
    "Clerics, Mages, Warriors and Primalists will gain a 2-handed Eternal weapon, while Rogues will earn two one-handed Eternal weapons. On very rare occasions, Eternal armor pieces and additional weapons will also drop in Telara, and can be improved through the Active Upgrade system."

So no eternal bow ... ?
    All players loving rogue's ranged builds should leave?
    Check you ranged abilites rogues. The tooltip is changed slightly. Now ranged abilities say "Requires Any Weapon"

What about two one handed swords for the warrior?

Guess I'll stick to my mage lol.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    This is the one thing I really like about WoW and their introduction of the artifact weapon. You just do a storyline and you'll get your desired weapon to start with. Then you have other quests to get the other weapons.
    Yes and no. Weapon is kinda good idea but you do know that also in WoW the weapon is utterly crap without relics from raids or high lvl mythic+ dungeons? So if you are only questing it's gonna stay questing tier weapon and not be truly BiS

Quote Originally Posted by Harski View Post
    Yes and no. Weapon is kinda good idea but you do know that also in WoW the weapon is utterly crap without relics from raids or high lvl mythic+ dungeons? So if you are only questing it's gonna stay questing tier weapon and not be truly BiS
    Let me ask you this then: Why is it utter crap if you aren't doing raids or higher mythic+? What do you need a higher ilevel artifact weapon for if you're casually playing? You don't -need- higher levels to be able to do open world content. You just want it which is totally different.

That being said there is a chance for the relics to titanforge when you're doing WQs and/or from caches. You can easily hit 870+ overall ilevel without even stepping foot in a Mythic 0 and nothing higher than LFR. And with 7.2, it's upping the base ilevel of items you receive from WQ. You only need higher ilevel relic stat sticks if you're actually going to be doing stuff outside of "only questing" as you said.

WoW's system is really nice for weapons.
    Last edited by Riane; 01-28-2017 at 11:31 PM.

Rift Chaser

BiS from questing? New level of casual. Because raiding is hard i guess.

New raid is not there.

More rehash?

I'm sorry to break to you trion but rehashing old content does not count as new content. People didnt pay money to see stuff they have seen already many times before.

If you really want to kill Rift, just pull the plug.
    I kept coming to the forums multiple times a day and almost quit playing because I believed all the negative bs all the time. You would not believe how much of a turn off the constant negativity is. I decided to play the game for a month just to see for myself and I'm glad I did, I've been having a blast. I have to wonder how many would be new players took one look at the forums and turned and fled rather than downloading the game?

New content is on the way, it will be here March 1st- you're gonna get cool new weapons, world gear drops a raid all kinds of goodies and here you are griping about it. Good luck with that, you get no sympathy from me.
    As long as expansion packs and Essential Edition are in the Rift Store for cash only purchases and are bind on pickup or bind on account only, then the game will be pay to win. Once you can buy them with store credits or can place them on the AH then the game won't be pay to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Laraninni View Post
    New content is on the way, it will be here March 1st- you're gonna get cool new weapons, world gear drops a raid all kinds of goodies and here you are griping about it. Good luck with that, you get no sympathy from me.
    That is, assuming they wont be broken.

Also, dont think he ever asked for Sympathy from you

BiS from questing? New level of casual. Because raiding is hard i guess.

New raid is not there.

More rehash?

I'm sorry to break to you trion but rehashing old content does not count as new content. People didnt pay money to see stuff they have seen already many times before.

If you really want to kill Rift, just pull the plug.

I never did the old content so for me its all new,only a fraction of the old players still arround and that means all the beautifull old zones and content is just going to waste,i say give a chance to the new players to experience that you have years ago.If it works as it should it will be very nice to do them as long as they pump up the dificulty to match the dps beeing done at the moment.

Your last sentence is kind of unnecessary. There are valid concerns made by a lot of people. Some aren't as eloquent as others (constructive vs rant) but they are still valid.

If you like going six months between any kind of content update after a supremely barren expansion and that's fun to you, well, that's great. Stick with it.
    Last edited by Riane; 01-29-2017 at 01:14 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Your last sentence is kind of unnecessary. There are valid concerns made by a lot of people. Some aren't as eloquent as others (constructive vs rant) but they are still valid.

If you like going six months between any kind of content update after a supremely barren expansion and that's fun to you, well, that's great. Stick with it.
    Didn't say it wasn't valid, but you don't know how off-putting it is from a new player perspective seeing the same thing again and again across multiple threads. Screw it, I'm just gonna play and come here when I have questions, Rift forums are just toooo boring for me. Good luck
    As long as expansion packs and Essential Edition are in the Rift Store for cash only purchases and are bind on pickup or bind on account only, then the game will be pay to win. Once you can buy them with store credits or can place them on the AH then the game won't be pay to win.

Ascendant

Didn't say it wasn't valid, but you don't know how off-putting it is from a new player perspective seeing the same thing again and again across multiple threads. Screw it, I'm just gonna play and come here when I have questions, Rift forums are just toooo boring for me. Good luck
    At least it's refreshing to see someone posting about leaving the forums, not the game.

I decided to play the game for a month just to see for myself and I'm glad I did, I've been having a blast. I have to wonder how many would be new players took one look at the forums and turned and fled rather than downloading the game?
    Judging by the above statement I'm not sure if you're just a new player that played a game for a month or a player that was here before the expansion and played SFP for a month. Anyhow the problem is that for new players the game is a blast since it's something new for them, a new experience with an interesting story and interesting gameplay, but for people that were having a blast in any previous expansion this one is a dissapointment. Sad but true. I was the one that was defending the expansion in the start believing all will turn out fine and now I find myself more sad after every further patch. The game is a mess as it is.
    So yeah, have fun as much as you can, try to lvl some alts and start doing current "content" and, who knows, we might see you join our side after you experience a few more dissapointments on the way...

Rift Chaser

Default Riane- yes there is a good weapon system in "the other game"

First- there have been so many disappointments in SFP I started playing WoW so I could progress and do dungeons and raids. But you are correct- by playing the World Quests I did very well with my progress so that I was adequately geared for the Mythics and Raids.
    Second- I absolutely *loved* Rift - I have spent thousands here- and nurtured a guild that was active until SFP. The free to players and raiders left some time ago. It is true the older parts of the game still enchant and delight- but there is a vast wasteland for grouping as a lower level.
    Third- The main player base *should be* those who have reached end game because they have stuck with the game and want the rewards gearing and progression bring. If the game is just for those who progress then consider the game "won" then it would not be much of an MMO.
    Fourth- I do not think WoW's deeper pockets have much to do with the success of Legion. WoW has had some real stinker expansions and lost lots of players too. Legion is a success because Blizzard fixed some of the hated things in the bad expansions (endless grinds, not enough content, etc) and listened to their player base. Legion is not perfect- the PvP is less than stellar. They have not struck a chord with PvPers yet. However- for the same price as SFP Legion delivers and without a lot of "be patient" and "we are working on it." There is a lesson here somewhere...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2