+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Queen Foci Loot

Shadowlander

Default Queen Foci Loot

Hey
    Is it true that all we get from this lfr thing are random essences and someday the seal?

It's a joke, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Panthaa View Post
    Hey
    Is it true that all we get from this lfr thing are random essences and someday the seal?

It's a joke, isn't it?
    I dont get what you want from this boss?

You can get BIS essences that upgrade and a BIS seal that upgrades. For a relatively easy boss, this is pretty good loot. I also heard through the grapevine that there will be more bosses added with more loot.

Thunder

Shadowlander

I think that all raiders who waits now for 3 month deserve a little bit more then that.

How long do we have to wait until the next (working content) comes? a year? no i think this is too optimistic...xD

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Panthaa View Post
    I think that all raiders who waits now for 3 month deserve a little bit more then that.

How long do we have to wait until the next (working content) comes? a year? no i think this is too optimistic...xD
    I think this is Trion's intentional design to slow down gear progression.

There are many evidence of this.

For example...
    Only 2 slots of gear has dream orbs and only few slots gets runes.
    Missing speed enhancement like riding chaps for current expansion gears.
    Only 3 slots from experts upgrades.
    Vendor essence only Lv67.
    Fragments being slot machine rng and giving people who accumulate plats a definite dps edge, since previously most typical "raidlog" raiders probably can't afford maxing out multiple fragments and that's assuming they even have ones that's worth infusing in the first place.
    and so on...

The queens foci is essentially a different approach to "raid rift" which rewards essences and seal.

You can expect more stuff to come in the future and I am almost certain that Trion will raise rep caps so we have to do those again for better vendor stuff.

Telaran

Was it long before we could have a "raid like" content? Yes it was and I agree with you on that.
    How soon will they add bosses and actual raids? I don't know, but now at least we got something to do.

Also, you have to remember that the Queen Foci is not an actual raid. It is like a harder expert or like a raid rift, like someone said previously. Actual raids once they are out will be, I expect, at least half a tier harder than the Queen Foci. So it's normal that Queen Foci first boss won't give you gear loot. Maybe farther along the way? I don't know.

I have seen nice drops that people will need to keep gearing up: greater upgradable essences and regular essences that once upgraded become BiS. Those are sharable too so you can actually mail them to alts, help your guild mates and raid groups gear up or sell those to stack on plat. The instance also give you celestial and tower currency and you need those to buy crystals and get upgrades for gear or better focusses for essences.

With the weekly quest, you can also collect the fortress token that you will need to buy and upgrade the BiS seal.

One point that you need to not forget is that you can kill that boss over and over and over again so you can stack on the drops, including the currencies.

So, yeah it's not a complete raid and it was late in coming but we have it now. Do it or not that's your decision, I personnally think there is some good to have out of it.
    Last edited by Paprica; 01-26-2017 at 07:31 AM.

Hooray for no more major ashenfell rifts!

Also, no idea when, but expect an Ashenfell fortress event to contrast the Queen's Foci one.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Shadowlander

We are already so accustomed that we have no content, that we are even happy about a new grind fest.... yay...

You should not forget that you need the charges to run it over and over for the currencies..

and iam pretty sure that we will not get any news because they are ashamed for what they deliver .. at least I hope it for them

Plane Touched

I am trying really really hard to remain positive but I find this underwhelming. Granted this week is an exception and QF usually is a zone event culminating in the 10 man instance, we were looking forward to fill a few nights with farming. But in order to get loot (after the first kill - not sure if that is one kill/day or week though) you need reward charges (which only replenish at a rate of 2 (plus 3 for patron per week). So once you have used up your stash, there is no reason to do QF as you get nothing.

Disappointing. Having something to farm would at least give things to do and motivate people to log on. This way, its more meh. This is the problem with being so starved for content that something which really is just a ZE plus instanced world boss got hyped to something it isn't.

We were hoping for some more content to fill at least one raid night - there is not much left for us to do, even cheevo raids will run out eventually.
    The new raid really needs to come very soon or Rift will loose even the last few raiding guilds left.
    Last edited by Morykyra; 01-26-2017 at 08:26 AM.
    Moiran
    Immortal Tyrants of Typhiria

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Hepatits View Post

Also, no idea when, but expect an Ashenfell fortress event to contrast the Queen's Foci one.
    agreed, i'd rather do TQF than farm more major rifts

Quote Originally Posted by Bobtheskull View Post
    agreed, i'd rather do TQF than farm more major rifts
    I totally agree with you guys, but the point is that LFR comes attached to Fortress Siege, and once TRION have enough proof that FS is working as intended then will be no more LFR farm like it's now. We gonna need to do this annoying and bored event (FS) over and over every 4 hours to get the LFR able for everyone.

To be honest, TRION could save time don't doing FS and let the LFR like it is right now, another extra tool and content to do something else than just dailies, the same 3 experts and Rift farming all day long.
    Legendary Arkkam, The Dragon Tamer.
    Cleric of Inner Circle, Gelidra.
    Formerly known as Franark of Apotheosys, Typhiria

Quote Originally Posted by Shelenia View Post
    I totally agree with you guys, but the point is that LFR comes attached to Fortress Siege, and once TRION have enough proof that FS is working as intended then will be no more LFR farm like it's now. We gonna need to do this annoying and bored event (FS) over and over every 4 hours to get the LFR able for everyone.

To be honest, TRION could save time don't doing FS and let the LFR like it is right now, another extra tool and content to do something else than just dailies, the same 3 experts and Rift farming all day long.
    Sometimes, if you ask nicely and convincingly enough, you can influence the development team to keep something the way it is instead of making their original design.

Currently this is the ultimate "skipping trash" moment. There isn't much of a carrot to kill the trash. Maybe if there were fortress tokens given out at the end of it that would interest people to do them? I know they put in a large amount of work to put the siege events in, so that would make them less desirous of ditching them. (Would you want to ditch something that took hundreds of man hours to make?) Maybe if they were made worthwhile somehow it wouldn't feel so boring?
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Sometimes, if you ask nicely and convincingly enough, you can influence the development team to keep something the way it is instead of making their original design.

Currently this is the ultimate "skipping trash" moment. There isn't much of a carrot to kill the trash. Maybe if there were fortress tokens given out at the end of it that would interest people to do them? I know they put in a large amount of work to put the siege events in, so that would make them less desirous of ditching them. (Would you want to ditch something that took hundreds of man hours to make?) Maybe if they were made worthwhile somehow it wouldn't feel so boring?
    You just said yourself nowadays there isn't any incentive to do this over and over, because we have already the LFR up for everyone and the real deal is the LFR, where you get the marks to get the seals, the upgrades, etc. But FS as it is already doesn't deserve any effort to make it succeded.

If every phase brings you one mark instead of nothing then perhaps people will do it. But to be honest, i don't know for how long LFR will be apart from FS, but if it takes too long probably nobody wants to do it anymore because we will be done with our seals and everything else by then.
    Last edited by Shelenia; 01-26-2017 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelenia View Post
    If every phase brings you one mark instead of nothing then perhaps people will do it.
    Lets run with this and see if we can make this happen.

(Yes, I read, acknowledge and mostly agree with the rest. Once everybody had their stuff they're going to quit doing it. Just remember each "thing" takes a crapload of tokens to upgrade to BiS. Quitting won't be possible for little while at least.)
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord

I kinda want to agree with the OP but in the same time, they just released new content with new essences, seals, minion, etc and you're already on here complaining about it. We all know there rolling out content way way way to slow but it seems pretty "fill in the blank" to already be on the forms saying "is that it?"

Believe me, im also upset at how long its taking for them to give us ANYTHING for end game content, but stuff like this doesn't help at all.

Collect the seals & essences, then come back and post. Until then, you just seem like nothings good enough.

Lets run with this and see if we can make this happen.

(Yes, I read, acknowledge and mostly agree with the rest. Once everybody had their stuff they're going to quit doing it. Just remember each "thing" takes a crapload of tokens to upgrade to BiS. Quitting won't be possible for little while at least.)
    Fortress token is Bound to Account, so since there isn't too much to do a lot of people has at least the all 4 callings at 70, some of them with Primalist too; it is 6 tokens x4 or x5 per day, from 24 to 30 tokens. It won't take that long at the end for several players to get the BiS Seals, Minion and Essences' upgrades.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast