+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Video Configuration Presets

I'm sorry your experience with the CS was negative. Mine was actually 100% positive whenever I had issues with the game, so I guess it's just bad luck:(
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Rift Chaser

Default More like the way things are- not bad luck

No- whether in forums, or in tickets the attitude is dismissive. For what it is worth- I did not put in a trouble ticket about this issue- I said so at least 3 times. However- I have with other issues. The pre-canned responses and poor advice (like login as admin and delete all files except Windows to fix a login error) to me shows a lack of customer focus. Rift used to have the best- and I mean best- CS in the gaming world. Now it is dismissive. I only commented on this thread because I have a similar video config problem as the OP. That does not mean everyone does- but more than one person has it. And mine started after SFP. And after rift.exe started being quarantined by my anti-virus. Heuristics suggests unstable or flawed code. Not bad desktops.

Quote Originally Posted by Andracleric View Post
    No- whether in forums, or in tickets the attitude is dismissive. For what it is worth- I did not put in a trouble ticket about this issue- I said so at least 3 times. However- I have with other issues. The pre-canned responses and poor advice (like login as admin and delete all files except Windows to fix a login error) to me shows a lack of customer focus. Rift used to have the best- and I mean best- CS in the gaming world. Now it is dismissive. I only commented on this thread because I have a similar video config problem as the OP. That does not mean everyone does- but more than one person has it. And mine started after SFP. And after rift.exe started being quarantined by my anti-virus. Heuristics suggests unstable or flawed code. Not bad desktops.
    Well, to be fair, my post was originally about the in-game graphic presets, allowing us to save our own graphic configurations instead of customizing them for every other situation :)

Quote Originally Posted by Andracleric View Post
    Look- I understand there might be something on my end-but again *this only started after SFP*. I have been playing Rift for 6 years too. I do *not* want to mess with this any more than other bugs or bug fixes. I said- several times- I do not think it is worth a trouble ticket- and I appreciate the offer of mitigation- but I find the overall dismissive attitude towards people with issues annoying. For what it is worth- I have had to bypass my antivirus twice now because rift.exe was quarantined. That does not give me warm fuzzies (older download screenshot- but you get the idea) I just think the game is unstable.
    Can you just stop derailing the thread now? Make a new one instead.

I have 4 different rift.cfg files and used them depending on content.

1. was lowest settings for raids (good old times) used to be 35 FPS during 20man raid combat
    2. was around medium settings for 10 man raids/WFs and when FPS didn't matter that much
    3. was high settings for dungeons and open world content/leveling with FPS over 60
    4. was max settings rarely used cuz FPS often dropped sub 40 even in some empty zone.(sub 10 in raid)

Each time I wanted to do different content I copied the correct one to the folder. Raiding with high settings wasn't enjoyable. 10 FPS hurt my eyes.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na
    ------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Sahtiaro View Post
    I have 4 different rift.cfg files and used them depending on content.

1. was lowest settings for raids (good old times) used to be 35 FPS during 20man raid combat
    2. was around medium settings for 10 man raids/WFs and when FPS didn't matter that much
    3. was high settings for dungeons and open world content/leveling with FPS over 60
    4. was max settings rarely used cuz FPS often dropped sub 40 even in some empty zone.(sub 10 in raid)

Each time I wanted to do different content I copied the correct one to the folder. Raiding with high settings wasn't enjoyable. 10 FPS hurt my eyes.
    That's basically what I'm suggesting but with an actual in-game interface (who am I kidding, actual in-game buttons lol) that would let us save different settings to different legit config files and swap between them from the in-game UI. Shouldn't be that hard to do, but will make like easier for lots of people.

Rift Chaser

Default Derailing?

I am not derailing any thread. I commented on a video config issue and I was given advice which did not help. Then I was told to buzz off. This is a problem in and of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    That's basically what I'm suggesting but with an actual in-game interface (who am I kidding, actual in-game buttons lol) that would let us save different settings to different legit config files and swap between them from the in-game UI. Shouldn't be that hard to do, but will make like easier for lots of people.
    This would be cool if implemented. It could be added to the advanced video settings. There are already video config presets so I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to implement a save/load feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2