+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: "our log in numbers are good; we don't see a problem with the size of the community"

Plane Touched

Default "our log in numbers are good; we don't see a problem with the size of the community"

time and time again since the expansion people have tried to tell trion "people are leaving." "my raid team has quit playing." "my guild is on the verge of collapsing" and the unequivocal response from trion is: "we do not show a decline in numbers beyond what is normally expected."

and then the fortress siege fiasco. and the incredulous response of: "there was no way we could anticipate such a large number of people participating at one time."

well trion: that's what your numbers could be. that's how many people desperately want your game to succeed because they genuimely enjoy playing it. or at least they used to. and they are waiting for you to step up and produce the content they know you are capable of.

it is really. really. dissapointing.

T "yeah my uncle works for Sony and got me a Playstation 69 early."
    C "Show us"
    T "ugh..."

That's what I take away from all this.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    T "yeah my uncle works for Sony and got me a Playstation 69 early."
    C "Show us"
    T "ugh..."

That's what I take away from all this.
    i feel like i missed a reference or something

Champion

My guild had 31 people on last night. Only 18 were willing to do LFR given that some had already experienced how messed up it was. We would normally have 40+ on for a raid night. Granted, the night before we had 11 on lol.

you know i continuously keep seeing these various "rift is dying threads", all tho everyone may be right, seriously, what do you really except for rift team to do about it? there are lots of reasons why player stop playing and there are lots of players that would rather blame the game then to tell everyone what personal life event is keeping them from playing the game. if the number of people playing aint there then it aint there ... they cant force them to play anymore then then can solve any other world problem. the team can only do so much, after that its up to the players to make the game sink or swim ... if you don't have anything constructive to say about the situation then stop whining ...
    -> for free Vox mount, get any toon in trove to level 20 ...
    -> other stuff -- https://www.freegamekeys.com/rift/
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin666 View Post
    you know i continuously keep seeing these various "rift is dying threads", all tho everyone may be right, seriously, what do you really except for rift team to do about it? there are lots of reasons why player stop playing and there are lots of players that would rather blame the game then to tell everyone what personal life event is keeping them from playing the game. if the number of people playing aint there then it aint there ... they cant force them to play anymore then then can solve any other world problem. the team can only do so much, after that its up to the players to make the game sink or swim ... if you don't have anything constructive to say about the situation then stop whining ...
    Lol whining about the whiners. Classic! And yes, there is plenty they can do.

seriously, what do you really except for rift team to do about it?
    Release some working content.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo Sabe View Post
    Lol whining about the whiners. Classic! And yes, there is plenty they can do.
    LOL, ya i really need to stop posting stuff before i had my morning cup of coffee ...
    -> for free Vox mount, get any toon in trove to level 20 ...
    -> other stuff -- https://www.freegamekeys.com/rift/
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

Shadowlander

Release more than 4 new zones and "2" new dungeons after 3 years. Also, simply release content promised to the players.

Clinging on to the small hope left I have in Trion...

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Beefycake View Post
    Release more than 4 new zones and "2" new dungeons after 3 years. Also, simply release content promised to the players.

Clinging on to the small hope left I have in Trion...
    I'd actually say the opposite of that.

They need to get away from the classic mindset of so many zones that people spend a few hours in. I think we had far too many new zones considering many were done leveling on day one. I'd much rather they rethink the way they do expansions and focus far more on the content that will keep people playing.

The couple days it took me to level, I was hoping the end game content was this complete. I was hoping they did not divert resources from end game to add all those voice animations. I was hoping they did not divert resources from end game to add all those walls of text that 10% of the populations read. I was hoping they did not divert resources from end game to add all those achievements that only 10% of the population cares about. I was hoping they did not avoid creating raid content to create some instanced solo events that were pretty boring and easy. When I did my first IA, and it was mind numbingly boring after the first one, even though packaged as the great "Assault", I was hopeful they'd just spent their time else where and we'd have some good end game content. But then I did my first Expert which was super easy and I started to realize, they'd just not added anything interesting.

They have to get away from their current expansion mindset and focus on what people play MMO's for. Challenging Team Based Content

If Rift ever gets another chance at an expansion, hopefully they've learned massively from the last 2 and spend less time on so many zones and find out what the players actually play an MMO for over the long term.
    Last edited by Rhumble; 01-20-2017 at 12:32 PM.

LOL, ya i really need to stop posting stuff before i had my morning cup of coffee ...
    Lol we are all guilty of it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhumble View Post

They need to get away from the classic mindset of so many zones that people spend a few hours in. I think we had far too many new zones considering many were done leveling on day one. I'd much rather they rethink the way they do expansions and focus far more on the content that will keep people playing.

The couple days it took me to level, I was hoping the end game content was this complete. I was hoping they did not divert resources from end game to add all those voice animations. I was hoping they did not divert resources from end game to add all those walls of text that 10% of the populations read. I was hoping they did not divert resources from end game to add all those achievements that only 10% of the population cares about. I was hoping they did not avoid creating raid content to create some instanced solo events that were pretty boring and easy. When I did my first IA, and it was mind numbingly boring after the first one, even though packaged as the great "Assault", I was hopeful they'd just spent their time else where and we'd have some good end game content. But then I did my first Expert which was super easy and I started to realize, they'd just not added anything interesting.

They have to get away from their current expansion mindset and focus on what people play MMO's for. Challenging Team Based Content

If Rift ever gets another chance at an expansion, hopefully they've learned massively from the last 2 and spend less time on so many zones and find out what the players actually play an MMO for over the long term.
    I LOVE this idea!!! Put more time/effort into repeatable content!
    Shenoah@Deepwood
    GM - Hello Kitty
    ~how did I end up here again?~

Quote Originally Posted by Rhumble View Post

nice idea, but wouldn't it be better to put the Challenging Team Based Content in the zones, rather than tucked away in an instance?

half the problem is everyone standing around bored in the cities waiting for instanced content.
    if that content is placed back out in the zones, you'll more readily find other things to do between times.

instanced content is taking the first M out of MMO and making both the games and the numbers of people we play with, smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    nice idea, but wouldn't it be better to put the Challenging Team Based Content in the zones, rather than tucked away in an instance?
    I'd be ok with that, but zone content has notoriously been very easy. If it's tough, more people come and it becomes easy. But it would have to be end game repeatable content. What is the point of a level 66 event in Scatheren? We saw in NT, those events just died super fast and no one who ever did them was 66. This expansion, the first few days when people were leveling up, the events were still crazy easy.

As a former EQ player, I'd love more good world content, but we had NMR's which I actually enjoyed, and it was very tough to ever to do well in open world because you'd always get more people who were new hop in and spoil it. So not sure how you have open world content that scales for numbers, that is also actually a challenge for a good group. Vangard kind of did it with a super low player population, and I guess we are getting there.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Shanoah View Post
    I LOVE this idea!!! Put more time/effort into repeatable content!
    Repetable PVP sieges could be cool. Also they don't need to make any mechanics, just think design of the area where all those teleports/stealth/etc. could be effective. Maybe add couple "cleanse waters" in the walls where dots will not tick ... give unique reward, once per server per week per winners or so ...and ppl will figure what and how to do and gear and etc.

P.S. Siege means - protector vs attacker side, open world, for example day before you can register as attacker and take chances, current owners are automatically protectors + anybody they will approve. Actually current siege maybe taken into pvp, 1st team killed boss gets owner protector - all other must defeat that team to get reward (or boss spawn).
    Last edited by alexzk; 01-20-2017 at 04:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast