+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: LFR is busted

Default LFR is busted

[EDIT: Pinning this post for now, as it is a valid issue that Dev is actively investigating ~Brasse]

So far I've made three attempts at completing what is otherwise a pretty easy encounter

1st group - I got multiple queue pop ups after accepting first queue, had to click No to all after the first (wouldn't let me accept "Unknown" groups), got kicked for decling group after I entered the instance

2nd group - going well, half the raid couldn't seem to react fast enough to floor mechanics. Fine, I'm doing my job tanking and meeting safe zones in time. Not my issue here; 2 people decide they're hold the group back and leave. Alright, fair enough.

No one seems to know how to requeue the group though, but eventually it auto pops anyway. Ok. We get 2 people, make another pull, butl mid-fight we get another queue pop. What?
    Someone Declines, gets kicked for it, and now we have 11 people. Mr. 11 leaves, now we're back at 10. Cool, Pull. QUEUE POP - now we're at 12 . Vote kick 2, QUEUE POP, back at 12. Vote kick again, pull, queue pops, everyone declines. Eventually I leave.

3rd group - queue with a guild mate, queue pops and we get in no problem. I have to bio though, as my guild mate didn't give me time to go between groups lol. As soon as I get back, I see another queue pop, and I figure someone must have left. Nope! We're at 15 people, and I also get force removed from the group.

Trion plz
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 01-19-2017 at 06:06 PM.
    Xydru | Lanaiex
    Wolfsbane

Telaran

Default LFR Broken indeed

Seeing many groups of 10 not getting que... ??

Better to queue solo, but then you face the following as well: multiple queues and kicks due to too many in raid (not their fault).. Those getting kicked have the debuff, what's going on...

Problems continue... good try, but this is getting old..

Duo queue with another healer. we get queue pop, 9 people check ready 1 declines, a tank. So we get put back in queue... its been 45 mins and no pop. So ur tellin me that in 45 mins 1 other tank hasn't queued?

This system is jacked.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

The Devs are watching this closely internally as well, and there is definitely something going on.

So far, they have observed the following:
    • Sometimes you can't leave the queue because it thinks you are not in it. This is an issue of the worldserver/gameserver being out of synch.
    • Alternatively, you can't join even though you have a join button., and it tells you that you are in the queue. RoughRaptors thinks he has a fix for this one already.
    • Weirdness in groups of 10 not forming. This may be due to the heavy strain the worldserver is under at present. SupermanSocks and the engineers are looking into this and monitoring.
    • Apparently the LFR also created a few groups of 9 and a group of 20. Devs are attempting to
      follow up on this via server logs.

In summary, bad things are happening to the world server due to LFR queuing.
    Archonix and all our top people are working on it.
    No ETA yet.
    Brasse

ps. this is an evolving situation and merely the Dev Team's initial findings. Information may change as they delve further.
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 01-19-2017 at 06:19 PM.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5

Sometimes you can't leave the queue because it thinks you are not in it. This is an issue of the worldserver/gameserver being out of synch.

Alternatively, you can't join even though you have a join button., and it tells you that you are in the queue. RoughRaptors thinks he has a fix for this one already.
    The temporary fix for this it to relog, it should fairly reliably fix the issue until a permanent fix is in place.

Weirdness in groups of 10 not forming. This may be due to the heavy strain the worldserver is under at present. RoughRaptors and the engineers are looking into this and monitoring.
    It turns out groups of 10 are forming, I was just informed of this. I put in some code to hopefully speed up the time it takes for groups of 10 to pop (as it's 10 people it should be basically instant), but right now the queue times in general are long so I apoligize. This is an issue of heavy strain on the server which we are investigating.
    Previously known as SupermanSocks

Rift Chaser

So...first night in a long time we can do something as a guild. Login and people say its not worth doing as guild since it wont let 10 queue as it leaves u in the queue for ever. We try that queue because well we are a guild and it is important to for us to have something to do, right? Well, it wont let us in.

Why not just let us walk in the frikking door?

This is depressing.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

Quote Originally Posted by dundare View Post
    Why not just let us walk in the frikking door?
    Normally the portal would be open, but since the event is disabled it's not an easy/trivial task to open just the portal. I spoke with the designers this morning about opening the portal and it had the risk of crashing the servers so we opted to not open the portals.

We had a group of 10 queue and get put in different groups, any idea what would cause that? Or were the members of the group in different queues somehow?
    R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanSocks View Post
    The temporary fix for this it to relog, it should fairly reliably fix the issue until a permanent fix is in place.

not working, reloggin still thinks im in a queue even tho i have a "join" button.
    Last edited by Deeew; 01-19-2017 at 06:41 PM.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

This has happened twice to me so far, both times in solo queue and second time confirmed it happened to others also in solo queue:

Raid is ready ==> Someone declined ==> Instant re-queue

About 60 seconds later, dropped from queue for no apparent reason.

You guys ever see the cheese shop? Monty Python?

This game is starting to feel more and more like the cheese shop. We are continually assured that there is indeed cheese... but no matter what we ask for, we can't get it.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #11

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    We had a group of 10 queue and get put in different groups, any idea what would cause that? Or were the members of the group in different queues somehow?
    The other person might have dropped maybe? Someone reported to me that they queued with a group of 10 and only 9 of them got in and their 10th was a pug. I looked in the logs and that person had dequeued from LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobly View Post
    This has happened twice to me so far, both times in solo queue and second time confirmed it happened to others also in solo queue:

Raid is ready ==> Someone declined ==> Instant re-queue

About 60 seconds later, dropped from queue for no apparent reason.
    This is the first I've heard of that, I'll take a look tomorrow at the logs to see if there's anything obvious going on.
    Last edited by RoughRaptors; 01-19-2017 at 07:04 PM.

Rift Chaser

Thanks. It is a bit depressing that we have lots of folks wanting to get in, but we cant. We finally made it through once and now requeud with less than 10 in the hope of getting in quicker. 20 minutes and nothing...

Rift Chaser

So we just queued with 8 people. It split our group into 2 and gave us pugs. Weird - prob a feature. We then started the fight w the boss. About 1 min in half our group had queues pop and they clicked no. This removed them from the group and gave them deserter. The rest of us died because we had half a group. Then we could not invite new people to LFR and we could not queue cause we were in one. So we dropped. Some of the folks got deserter flag and others did not.

Pug in our group said "pretty sure this is a feature." and someone else said "working as intended."

Rift Chaser

So we get back in and the shards crash lol. Night.

Well, guild and I downed the boss with only a couple crashes, moments before the servers went down. Good enough for tonight ;)
    Xydru | Lanaiex
    Wolfsbane

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast