+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree20Likes
  • 4 Post By Oddr
  • 7 Post By Meteorblade
  • 2 Post By Laraninni
  • 2 Post By DarkEvilHatred
  • 2 Post By Haruchai
  • 1 Post By swordkata

Thread: Fortress Seige and LFR released.... guess what's broken?!?

Prophet of Telara

Default Fortress Seige and LFR released.... guess what's broken?!?

I really wish I could say I was surprised. I logged in today in hopes of wanting to continue playing. Then this farce happened. I'm done... good luck everyone.

Prophet of Telara

Not likely and I won't be asking for a refund, but I can't continue to support this game with the level of quality currently being produced...

Prophet of Telara

Look, you aren't a good troll so just stop. I knew what I was buying when I bought it, and enjoyed the leveling experience and zones. They did not promise all content on day one, period. I am disappointed with the handling of the expansion but I played what was released. So feel free to troll other threads if you want. I may be quitting, but I'm not an idiot.

Default Lolz

Did your head explode yet?

People kept pushing for them to release stuff... Anyhow, probably a small fix at this point.

Prophet of Telara

Here is the quote from your thread:

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    Hey there,

As a general rule of thumb, if one buys the expansion and plays it, claims the items, etc., then no refund is issued. If someone buys it by accident and does not play it, does not use the items, then a refund may be issued. There is a lot of grey area there, and a big difference between someone who plays it through and then wants a refund, or someone who has Win 97 on a really old system and just can't get it to work (the techs will try to help them with it first, of course).

In short, each refund request is separately evaluated on its own circumstances by our Customer Service folks, because there is so much variation: http://support.trionworlds.com

Brasse
    I used the items
    I collected the mount
    I played the story
    I collected the gear from PVP and experts
    I finished Tok's Proving Grounds

Therefore, I do not qualify for a refund. Now, please feel free to move your topic about refunds back to your refund thread. Thanks. Though I do find it interesting how you turned my I quit post into me defending Trion. It's something I didn't think I would end up doing.

Prophet of Telara

Maybe next time, those people should actually research a game before buying it, If you have a level 70 character, you don't have a leg to stand on for a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddr View Post
    Maybe next time, those people should actually research a game before buying it
    Maybe next time, the company should be able to have everything they advertised ready at release before taking people's pre-order money.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by briantrass View Post
    Sure we do. What was advertised at level 70 wasn't there. It really is that simple.
    You guys keep saying what was advertised wasn't in there and pointing to a raid and the other area, but you do realize it was advertised like that in this:
    https://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/...fall-prophecy/
    Where the following was laid out in plain ordinary easy to understand English:

Even after Starfall Prophecy launches, there’ll be plenty more to come in live updates, as we release additional expansion content. Our first major update after launch will include a brand new outdoor region, the Tenebrean Schism, full of dynamic content for level 70s to enjoy. As well as a brand new level 70 raid. In a continued effort to make more of RIFTs content accessible to all players, we’ll also be introducing “LFR” – Looking for Raid. More to come about that in the future!
    We’ve got even more plans for Starfall Prophecy that we’ll share as the time draws closer.

We are still on 4.0 our first major patch isn't going to come until 4.1 and from everything I've read so far the raid will be in it. There should have been more in at launch but saying you didn't get what was promised is nothing short of a lie. Read the producer's letter for SFP it's laid out in there for all to see.
    Last edited by Laraninni; 01-18-2017 at 03:11 PM.
    As long as expansion packs and Essential Edition are in the Rift Store for cash only purchases and are bind on pickup or bind on account only, then the game will be pay to win. Once you can buy them with store credits or can place them on the AH then the game won't be pay to win.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Laraninni View Post
    You guys keep saying what was advertised wasn't in there and pointing to a raid and the other area, but you do realize it was advertised like that in this:
    https://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/...fall-prophecy/
    Where the following was laid out in plain ordinary easy to understand English:

Even after Starfall Prophecy launches, there’ll be plenty more to come in live updates, as we release additional expansion content. Our first major update after launch will include a brand new outdoor region, the Tenebrean Schism, full of dynamic content for level 70s to enjoy. As well as a brand new level 70 raid. In a continued effort to make more of RIFTs content accessible to all players, we’ll also be introducing “LFR” – Looking for Raid. More to come about that in the future!
    We’ve got even more plans for Starfall Prophecy that we’ll share as the time draws closer.

We are still on 4.0 our first major patch isn't going to come until 4.1 and from everything I've read so far the raid will be in it. There should have been more in at launch but saying you didn't get what was promised is nothing short of a lie. Read the producer's letter for SFP it's laid out in there for all to see.
    You shouldn't have to go digging to find out the exact details.

It should have said in bold disclaimer right where the game is advertised to buy that the raids will be released at a later date. The way they sold this SFP expansion was false advertisement IMO.

Sneaky and deceptive.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkEvilHatred View Post
    You shouldn't have to go digging to find out the exact details.

It should have said in bold disclaimer right where the game is advertised to buy that the raids will be released at a later date. The way they sold this SFP expansion was false advertisement IMO.

Sneaky and deceptive.
    Correct in my opinion, also they were used as selling points so it could be claimed that the playerbase has already waited for a reasonable amount of time and still no promised content. It doesn't matter what you sign, it cannot undermine basic consumer rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruchai View Post
    Correct in my opinion, also they were used as selling points so it could be claimed that the playerbase has already waited for a reasonable amount of time and still no promised content. It doesn't matter what you sign, it cannot undermine basic consumer rights.
    /10chars

this.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    Maybe next time, the company should be able to have everything they advertised ready at release before taking people's pre-order money.
    This. Refunds shouldn't be just about not liking a game or not, but if a said product is incomplete or doesn't meet standards as listed, this should qualify for a refund or major compensation.

You buy a new car which runs good for 2 weeks, but on week 3 the engine fails and the airbags stop working, you should be able to receive a refund. False advertisement is different from unlikeable content.
    Korvac the conquerer.

+ Reply to Thread