Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Obligatory Fortress Siege complaint thread

Rift Disciple

Default Obligatory Fortress Siege complaint thread

They are laggy and therefore can't be completed, they don't happen on convenient times for everyone and they have the only remotely challenging pve content in the game locked behind them.

If only there were similar events in the past that could have provided some warning that lots of npcs + lots of players = not good!

Remove the cannon phase, make the 10 man available independently ... trionpls i was actually looking forward to this.

Lag was so bad it was unplayable.

Crashed twice during the cannon phase. Definitely a no-fun event.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Champion

Two months delay to make it work and polish it after the release of the paid expansion and we get this again . NMT Fortress events deja-vu time, haha. Have to say this is very disapointing, but was kinda expected to go like this, so in the end it turned at least into a very amusing night .

I feel like its time to upgrade from the Pentium 4 servers...
    *Fancy signature graphics followed by fancy looking Fonts with all the colors*
    BISCULTS@WOLFSBANE, GRAYSKULL Warrior lead and life coach

"I'll give YOU a punishing blow" - DarkDaemon 2016
    "If you're close to a guy, its a ok to do a little touching" - DarkDaemon 2017

Shadowlander

Just finished it on Greybriar... I'm surprised the shard didn't crash the way things were responding. It was a crash fest for most of the players, and many were lucky to get off 5 gcds per minute.

We also killed that first boss in the instance. It didn't attack once. It did maybe 2 animations other than its standard idle.

If you want Polish, go to Poland, I suppose...

Several people complaining about unplayable lag, myself included. Rift locked up on me twice (I think because I was using Hide Other Players?) forcing me to sign out of my desktop. I was only able to make it to the last(?) phase to charge the cannon or something, didn't get the unlock for LFR. Completely wasting my time. Tried hopping over to another shard to try to get it but of course the event ended prematurely. Find out the event is supposedly only going to run every 4 hours or so? wtf?
    Xydru | Lanaiex
    Wolfsbane

snr
    Soulwalker

My advice: enable the 10-man until you fix this crap, if you don't want more people quitting.

Dapyx@Zaviel
    9/9 MoM

Suggest disabling the "event" portion for the time being and providing the boss in LFR once every four hours until the appropriate hamsters can be provided with enough steroids to adequately reduce the lag.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Installed and rushed to level 70 last night for this content release.

Kappa
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Quote Originally Posted by Hepatits View Post
    Suggest disabling the "event" portion for the time being and providing the boss in LFR once every four hours until the appropriate hamsters can be provided with enough steroids to adequately reduce the lag.
    So to you the answer to the problem of the event failing due to misscalculation is to enable the instance boss that has no attack animation so people can farm till the fix is made? Right...

Anyhow I can't understand how did it happen that the boss bugged out like that.. On pts the battle ran just fine with almost no problems.

General of Telara

For me, the client would just freeze after a few seconds in the cannon phase (with sound loop), and then the crash handler kills it eventually.
    But even before it freezes, I couldn't actually get out any abilities anymore, nor did the other people from what they said in chat, so...it had to fail. Just standing there waiting 10+s for an ability to fire won't complete even the most trivial zone event.

I don't know what Trion screwed up since the first attempt at fortress events in NMT (as dendrome events with pretty massive amounts of mobs always worked fine for me), but you really REALLY should finally find out why neither server nor client can't handle it anymore.
    Dimension Addon 'Tinker Tools' is now available on Curse!
    Or grab the latest development code on GitHub.

Rift Disciple

Guess they could have just named the expansion Nightmare Two and been done with it . Much more fitting than Starfall Prophecy .......................or maybe Starfail Prophecy would have been good . WTF ! This is going to be the last straw for a whole lot of people I am afraid . RIP Rift. I still have patron time so I will be here for a bit longer , am afraid though that by the time they fix the bulk of the issues there won't be enough people left still playing to complete any it .

Ewa
    Telaran

Default Bugs - Feedback

I'm sure Trion is already aware.

Very high amount of lag. I DCed 3-4 times which I don't normally do.
    Mobs spawning on us may have increased our lag.
    I couldn't target the mobs to dps. Only a couple of aoe abilities were working.

Main Boss mech's were not working. Boss didn't move and stood still.
    The mobs didn't do much damage at all. We could of done it without a tank and no healer.
    Please attempt to make this event challenging after you fix bugs.
    Thank you for the new content. Can't wait for the new raid! (please hurry)

I'm sure trion and devs are already aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    Installed and rushed to level 70 last night for this content release.

Kappa

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    This perfectly describes how our unpaid testing for a product we paid for went today.

I seriously cannot understand how they couldn't have anticipated the interest in this. For over two months the forums and IN-GAME CHAT CHANNELS have been inundated with complaints and outright flames mostly due to boredom and lack of new content. How could they not anticipate people would show up in droves for the first new content since Tok's onlyifyoureallylikedoingpuzzlesamilliontimes Proving Grounds?

Brasse mentioned that the HP scales up based upon the number of players participating... as a programmer myself, this (and experience with this game) tells me that some method or function is called when the mob spawns.
    I'm assuming, like much else, this code wasn't touched in the development cycle... it appears no test was ever done to see what this function returns when its passed a higher number.

And by higher, I mean in the 200-400 range. Last I saw on GB was that we had about 6 full raid groups... Nobody thought to check for an upper limit after the level increase?
    Can you not isolate and test this function without running the full game?
    Do you not develop your own stress test tools?

Seriously, baffled.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast