+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Raid Karma

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    I think you're misunderstanding 'anonymous'. Anonymous to other players yes. Anonymous to us, no.
    So, not anonymous then, just hidden.

Plane Touched

I think that the bottom line of what a lot of people are saying is:

The Rift community is not mature enough for this type of system. It will probably see more abuse than it will see proper use unfortunately. Maybe in vanilla this would have been viable, but in this era people have little to no accountability for their actions. Ironically that is what the system is designed to help with, but unfortunately it works both ways, and if you do not have people who are serious minded about bettering community and raid quality then you are just left with trolls who want to be spiteful or simply ... troll.

In theory I like the idea of having such a system, but I have little faith in its efficacy. As long as it has no impact yet then I guess we can just see how the theory proves out.

There are various - more or less - valid reasons for leaving a raid that was created via a grouping tool.

For example:
    - You joined a raid that is already at boss 3/4, so the next run you do only stay for boss 1+2
    - Real life interrupts (insert huge list here)
    - You only need loot from a certain boss
    - The team has no potential: A great leader can sometimes make a decent team out of a bad team, by explaining strategies, making assignments etc. However if people dont understand their class/spec, not even at a basic level, you have no chance. At this points its better to disband and roll the dice again.
    - You are running out of time, you calculated an average 1 hour run, but it seems like it will take 2 hours and you need to catch the train

The list goes on and on...

Usually there is a nice currency reward at the end of the raid and this alone motivates people to stay. You can have a deserter debuff on top. However having a permanent malus is a bit over the top. If more people quit raids than expected, then there might be issues that need to be addressed.

In other words people quitting raids left and right for no reason and out of the blue aint happening.
    Last edited by Ongar; 01-18-2017 at 01:22 PM.

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #49

Quote Originally Posted by Ongar View Post
    However having a permanent malus is a bit over the top.
    It's not permanent. Raid karma is constantly decaying (or increasing) to a certain value over time so high karma players will lower over time and low karma players will raise over time naturally.
    You don't know what these socks are!

Telaran

raid karma is a stupid idea...that makes differences between players playing with friends / guildies and players that don t have many friends / guildies...usually the last ones can be new players...except the case when guilds will move to rift from other games...which i doubt will happen ...

It creates so many problemes...i don t bother say more...
    Small companies that don t have money to test or pay analysts go only by players choice...and if they fail...they fail hard...

Nobody talks about what can be done for new players to bring them in rift...raid karma it s just another step forward in keeping new players away and even making lonely/casual players leave for good...
    Now what do u want...? do u want new players or do u want to shut down the game?

I said enough...and i m sry i didn t keep my word to not post on forum again...i ll try more for next time...
    Last edited by Amael37; 01-18-2017 at 01:42 PM.

Ewa
    Telaran

Default Who would you rather raid with...

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    Player A raids a lot, gains lots of karma and gets put nearer the top of the list of people to be picked when a group is formed.

Player B doesn't raid much, doesn't get much karma, gets put nearer the bottom of the list of people to be picked when a group is formed.

Player B, with his lower karma, will get picked less often than Player A. Doesn't this inevitably lead to an increased karma gap between them and to conversations like...

Player A: "You don't get picked, because your karma is low, because you don't raid"
    Player B: "My karma is low, because I don't get to raid, because I don't get picked!"

What function is there in place for Player B to catch up?
    HMMMMMMMM

I would rather raid with Player A than Player B
    know more specs, do well at raiding and then raid more. Simple
    A full raid of player's B - No Thank You!

Default DownVote

It's an ill-conceived idea gone wrong. Give the snobbish elitists one more tool to discriminate against newcomers or/and casual players, cause spamming dps meters and toxic language isn't doing the job anymore, people persist trying to enjoy the game while others live in it and we're ruining their lives with our **** less than 320k dps... --- Oh well, karma is a b-word, but in the game she's not gonna be fair even.

Maybe balance classes as promised first before you segregate the community even further?

@briantrass (post below) - You know what kind of people i talk about. Glad you've met a person that actually gave you helpful advice,...
    Last edited by Rakuda88; 01-18-2017 at 01:56 PM.

Plane Touched

One idea is that you could have only people with "x" number of upvotes be able to downvote other players. The concept behind this would be that only people "respected" in the raiding community would be able offer their criticism on other raiders. This would limit the ability for people to troll. You might still have issues with guilds mass upvoting their own people to give them that ability and whatnot, but it still would help alleviate trolling.

Especially if there is some check in place so that people can only give or receive votes after a boss has been killed and they are locked for that week.

Telaran

I wonder what karma ll get Jenni ? or Mwlanduii ? ...we re so few we know each other on EU like in a small village...or Meliannia in Bloodiron?

A stupid idea that made people lose time ... an experienced game analyst would have reject it in 5 sec...

no other comment....good night
    Last edited by Amael37; 01-18-2017 at 01:54 PM.

DST
    Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    This isn't a one dev thing, several individuals will be monitoring the system.
    This is not a good use of time for the developers & community relations ppl etc. working on Rift. The Rift team have made it clear, implicitly and explicitly (most recent livestream), that they are busy enough. Please implement systems that require minimal oversight, for both you and us.

Default Why ppl wanna experience pain in a game

You are projecting your fears into a LFR, into a game, I might be alone, no one likes me cause I only can play ranger

Get good and JOIN THE FUN

Help yourself to make your life more enjoyable, think outta the box for one time.

Specs will get balanced and being able to play more than one soul in a game with 11 souls a class is just... normal expectations?

Yeah there is a learning curve here just like everywhere in real life as well.

You have to learn how to walk if you dont want to crawl anymore, lots of ppl sound like

"I onyl can crawl and all ppl who can walk making fun of me"

No, they re just sad that you didnt learn how to use different builds/specs/souls yet

No one gets divided, you queue for lfr you will get a queue pop.

Good things in life dont always come easy, we so called elitists just want to have as much fun as possible during our ingame time which is limited after all.

Rift meter shows how many different abilities were used, their crit rates, highest hit etc...

Why these so called casuals are so resistant to learning additional things?

The more dynamic a raid is the more fun it is....ppl dont want to wait for stuff which should be fixed outside of raid content, they want to have ACTION
    Last edited by Speedbug; 01-18-2017 at 02:03 PM.
    Orgonebuster Funkadelicc Highplanedrifter Lisalovelace Tastygroove

Hellokitty@Deepwood

-Altoholic atm-

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Rakuda88 View Post
    It's an ill-conceived idea gone wrong. Give the snobbish elitists one more tool to discriminate against newcomers or/and casual players, cause spamming dps meters and toxic language isn't doing the job anymore, people persist trying to enjoy the game while others live in it and we're ruining their lives with our **** less than 320k dps... --- Oh well, karma is a b-word, but in the game she's not gonna be fair even.

Maybe balance classes as promised first before you segregate the community even further?
    lol, no offense but the last thing this game needs is "more casual lol".

When the devs start outright saying they are dumbing down the game because the player base cannot cope with any kind of "complex" rotations or difficult content then you can be sure that the game has made a shift to the casual side.

Anyone who does any kind or raiding knows how much the competency level has plummeted since vanilla. I have done T3 raiding since release, and I had to stop face palming about halfway through storm legion, because there was just no more use in getting upset that you could not pull 20 people together that can all do mechanics and/or fulfill their role appropriately. You could only silently gape at the ludicrous lack of skill. (and it is seriously mind boggling how bad people can be... it is very nearly miraculous. There are times where people would be better off just spamming their very basic skill rather than whatever it is they are doing to get such low dps)

This karma system is Trion's obvious attempt to give a nod back towards raid competency, which I heartily agree with at least in spirit. As the above poster said... the community has bled out the "elitists" to the point where you see very little community content like guides, specs, and videos. That is a very... very bad sign.

Raiding isn't necessarily for everyone, and it should not be. Just as tight rope walking is not for everyone. If you cannot walk without tripping over your own feet, then you likely shouldn't be balancing on a rope 50ft above the ground. You don't go changing tight rope walking to "Bridge crossing", simply because not everyone can do it... it defeats the purpose of the feat to begin with. It turns something worth watching and worth doing into... just crossing a bridge.

Default Examine data is not as complicated...

Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    This is not a good use of time for the developers & community relations ppl etc. working on Rift. The Rift team have made it clear, implicitly and explicitly (most recent livestream), that they are busy enough. Please implement systems that require minimal oversight, for both you and us.
    as to write tons of lines of codes. Ofc they use data to have insight in their game. At least they have some idea bout whats going on after all....am I that wrong here?
    Orgonebuster Funkadelicc Highplanedrifter Lisalovelace Tastygroove

Hellokitty@Deepwood

-Altoholic atm-

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbug View Post
    <snip>
    Try /telling that to a majestic 15k dps in a raid and watch them downvote you for trying to help ;)

(because that's what's gonna happen)
    Last edited by Laeti; 01-18-2017 at 02:30 PM.
    Laeti@Laethys
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Rift Raid Guides~RIFT360
    Please post your ideas on how to make things worth paying for in this thread! <3
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

I see two scenarios:

1) Down vote works and has significant impact - will be abused. Just ask Tay the chatbot. Oh wait...
    2) The system has little impact and is therefore pointless. Game would work smoother with it removed.

Please explain another scenario where this has a point.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast