+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: DEVS - Are you listening?

Unhappy DEVS - Are you listening?

Hello there all you lovely fellow Rifters!
    So writing on the forums is not something I have done a lot of in the past, in fact I have a total of four posts to the forums and prior to that didn’t even have an active forum posting account until about a year ago.

Having said that, I do not feel my opinion should matter any less when it comes to this game that I love and live and like many others spent hundreds of dollars on this game (I am currently red tier loyalty - nothing in comparison to the funds some people I call friends have spent, but a solid chunk of my funds nonetheless).
    Allow me to tell you a little story of a lowly girl and her first experience with an MMORGP.

I believe it was towards the end of Storm Legion, just prior to the release of Nightmare Tide that I was first introduced to Rift. During the time since then I slowly became more and more involved in the game, and slowly became more and more invested, both in my time and in my finances.
    I worked through many characters, and explored a new world of wonder, chaos, friendship and tragedy. I fell in love. Sometimes I would find myself testing the waters with other games to see what else was out there but I have ALWAYS come back to Rift.

I explored all the zones, found the hidden treasures, completed weird and wonderful achievements with exotically quirky names and incentives. I took part in countless world events and was beckoned willingly to the glowing perks of patron.

I climbed the ladder from one of the noobiest noobs to have ever graced the Planes of Rift, with my one or two ability (not button….i mean ability) spam and ignorance of utilities, to now having a level 70 of each class with 2k hit and each character knowing not only how to press more than a single ability, but having macros and tweaks to souls that I know work better for how I enjoy playing the game….I now even (hold your breath it’s big!) even divide out the one button specs into sometimes 3-5 WHOLE BUTTONS!
    The point of me telling you all of this is that I have grown, and my experience of the game has grown while I climbed the mountain of rifting knowledge with delight, and now I feel I have reached the beautiful peak of that knowledge and now that I can see the view…I’m saddened and disappointed beyond belief.

Right now it quite honestly feels like many players are trying to express their disappointment about the current climate of RIFT and instead are still being waved off as if their opinions are nothing.
    The way the expansion was advertised feels like little more than a very well-played political campaign. Many promises, and very few actually being delivered on, instead now that it is here, instead we receive even more empty promises to just hang in there a week more, a month more, there will be more content if you are just patient.
    But how many more long term (and by long term I mean players who have LITERALLY been there since Rift first graced our screens) players does RIFT need to sacrifice before someone out in the ether finally accepts unicorns and rainbows are not enough to appease an ever more disgruntled player base.

It is now nearly two and a half MONTHS since the initial release and still I feel there is massive class imbalances. Many of which I feel should have been made a priority over fixing minor world event bugs.
    I know there has been a lot of server instability even prior to expansion release, yet I feel it has only worsened since Starfall release. Even now, I am not able to enter a warfront without King Boss Mods being disabled or I will be guaranteed to be disconnected from server.

I feel that issues such as this have become so prevalent in game now that many are just no longer bothered to report issues because it feels like nothing will be done regardless. How many times can one report an issue with what feels like no response before you can no longer be bothered to go through the bug reporting process?
    Not to mention the lack of current end game content for level 70. Considering that at level 65 is when the real fun used to begin it feels incredibly disheartening to have nothing more than pvp and three dungeons (one of which still continues to violently crash peoples computers forcing you to have to completely restart your hardware unless you have a dual screen – Temple of Ananke for anyone who somehow was yet unaware of this “feature”)
    PLEASE give us something to do! I implore you to PLEASE listen to what is being said in the written forums and respond to us with more than just promises it is coming soon.

Offer us a way to earn new currency from more sources, like old raids, provide us with something more than just words promising better.
    Right now, what I want from Rift and it’s DEVS more than anything, is an open, honest apology that so many of us feel we have not received what we were promised. Hell I am not going to beat around the bush – I honestly feel and believe players with Starfall should be provided with some decent form of compensation for the many times we have all felt misled by the way this expansion has been delivered to us.

This may not in any way be what many would LIKE to hear but I am trying to just be honest and express how I feel about Starfall at present. I am not going to sprinkle glitter on it to make it more appealing.

Because right now I feel, and I feel many other players feel the same way, that RIFT is dying and little more is being done than a pat on the hand and a gentle, “There, there it’ll be okay,” while it’s lights continue to dim.

I hope and pray (and I’m not even damn religious!!) that SOMEONE reads this and actually actively listens, and something is done about this to quell the community’s unease…to prove to the community that some actually listening and actually cares about how we are feeling about Starfall.
    DEVS - Are you listening?-obama-smeigl.jpg
    Natarya@Deepwood, Nataya@Deepwood, Racheanna@Deepwood, Natanna@Deepwood, Natsanah@Laethys

Unhappy increasingly more disappointed

People have been giving constructive criticism, hell I on one of my other posts I went to lengths to ensure I also provided constructive criticism, yet it never seems enough.

As i said before though; I believe without a doubt that this is in no way how they intended the expansion to be received by people, but now that it is apparent that clearly something went wrong with the delivery that needs to be owned.

I vehemently believe the rift community deserves an open apology for the way this expansion has thus far been delivered, and some form of compensation to make up for it. This goes beyond merely people wanting something for nothing, because everyone playing in starfall has already paid up.

That is exactly the issue - for a paid expansion it is severely lacking and on what appears to me to be most occasions rather than this mess being owned by anyone it is still being nothing more than brushed off with more promises which have still yet to be delivered on.

I feel like I have been played by this expansion rather than being the player.
    Often responses saying "it's not that bad, it could be worse" just come across as dismissive that there is an issue at all. Yes it could be worse, but that doesn't detract from the fact it could and SHOULD be a lot better than what we currently have.

increasingly more disappointed
    -Natarya
    Natarya@Deepwood, Nataya@Deepwood, Racheanna@Deepwood, Natanna@Deepwood, Natsanah@Laethys

Ascendant

Fear not, all your issues have already been adressed here:

Quote Originally Posted by Brasse
    - Understand that as players we are all individuals with widely differing opinions and playstyles, and there is no way that Dev can make everyone happy. It is physically impossible.
    - Accept that Dev makes choices based on game design experience, player feedback and extensive game data... and the game always continues to evolve over time. It's a remarkably democratic process and the loudest vote is still only one vote. Silent votes are just as important, and only a small percentage of players posts to the forums. (And yes, we gather feedback from in-game chat as well.)
    - Accept that Dev may have made a decision that you don't like. They don't have to change it because you don't like it.
    - Accept that Dev makes mistakes because they are human. If you've never made a mistake I'd love to know how you won that lottery.
    So what I got from the above post is: The game is all right, and Trion knows perfectly well how to run it. And in the case they don't, you have no right to criticize them, as you also made mistakes in your life. At the end it is you who is wrong, as they cannot please anybody.

So good luck with your request for compensation.
    Last edited by Elayara; 01-16-2017 at 02:51 AM.

Telaran

Even if the devs read you, i don't think they can do something. If you relate to your job or business, etc., you can understand that their direction certainly has other project that Rift (new games, Moonlightblade online for occident).
    If we have one raid by year we will be lucky.
    You tell us that you see people complaining. For my part i have only see like 50 post about it. Other people already left. At this state it's not hate against Trion, it's just sadness,

Being concise and constructive will give you a better shot at a response.

The KBM in WF is a new issue since the hotfix. I am optimistic that it will be addressed.

Class imbalances are being actively worked. Check PTS. We just had a livestream on this subject Friday. It was great. Watch it.

I am with you on Temple of Ananke. It is ridiculous that this is still allowed to continue in its current state (crashing people day after day).

Fortress sieges will be here soon. Raids good lord I hope will be here in time to get some of my guild back. I am hopeful that there are other things in the works as well,

Also I know for a fact that devs are listening because have you seen that curry pot now? It's huge.

Rift Disciple

Default Natarya- I get you

Look the OP is only saying what so many have already said. For those of you who enjoy the game as is- that is great. But many of us have played for years and remember what it *was*. It is not better. It is worse. If it was not worse- guilds would still be together doing group content that is more than a handful of warfronts and a couple of viable dungeons. Raids are dead. "it is coming" does not mean LFR (one) raid with one boss or one quasi zone event like Volan. My guild started to bleed players last fall when people did not return from their summer breaks (things were often quiet over the summer and picked up in the fall). Then no one wanted to raid because of the ultimate currency and gear changes. Then after SFP came out there was nothing to progress for. I am sorry- even if raiding is a "small part of the community" it is what people want to progress for. It drives the crafting, the AH, the gearing and upgrades, and the min-maxing to get a toon worthy of doing well in a raid. Minimizing the pain and frustration of players who cannot do this anymore, have lost players, and have not just lost a hobby but friends moving on to other games is awful. Natarya did not slam anyone, rarely posts (as did I until SFP) and is upset. This is not trolling. This is commenting and expressing unhappiness with a product. Most places either respond with apologies, refund the customer, or provide a reasonable substitute. It is not good to keep gaslighting unhappy customers- pretending they are irrelevant, in the minority, or crazy. It is the kind of behavior that will continue loss of the old loyal fan base.
    Last edited by Andracleric; 01-16-2017 at 03:41 AM.

Champion of Telara Holyroller12's Avatar

The KBM thing was addressed on the day it started happening and they said there should be a fix in the next hotfix which is in 2 days. http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5281114
    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Please Trion. I don't want to do it I've avoided it for all these years so far.

Last edited by Zojah; 01-16-2017 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andracleric View Post
    It is not good to keep gaslighting unhappy customers- pretending they are irrelevant, in the minority, or crazy.
    I understand and am also not happy with the state of things. I can't even comprehend how anyone thought it would be a good idea to have zero raids available for three months. I feel like it was just poor planning / foresight.

However I think they've responded to the best of their ability and I don't think this or any number of these posts is going to help anything.

If they apologize and start issuing refunds, well you might as well just ask them to start laying people off and reduce the # of devs working on the game. If that's really what you want, I am sorry but that's not what I want.

I think we are all just going to need to move forward here as best we can and continue to ask for endgame to actually be put back in the game.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    Fear not, all your issues have already been adressed here:

So what I got from the above post is: The game is all right, and Trion knows perfectly well how to run it. And in the case they don't, you have no right to criticize them, as you also made mistakes in your life. At the end it is you who is wrong, as they cannot please anybody.

So good luck with your request for compensation.
    This is one of the issues that I have - that it is so dismissive that there even IS a problem. I am at a point I'd be even a little bit less displeased than I currently am by receiving an apology that so many of us (I am not saying everyone here because I KNOW that not to be the case), are becoming increasingly dejected by the SEEMING lack of response.
    Now I emphasise "seeming" because I cannot say what is happening behind the scenes in development, I emphasise "seeming" because I am not saying there is absolutely no response or acknowledgement of what is happening, but to me, it feels rather that there is far from enough acknowledgement, nothing more than the implication that something went wrong at some point.

My concern with the responses we have received from Brasse, is that they often feel VERY dismissive. To me personally, it feels that most issues or disappointments that have been aired are swept away as simply the minority speaking, inconsequential rants of players that do not matter essentially. Yet another disappointment to a growing ball of just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobly View Post
    Being concise and constructive will give you a better shot at a response.

The KBM in WF is a new issue since the hotfix. I am optimistic that it will be addressed.

Class imbalances are being actively worked. Check PTS. We just had a livestream on this subject Friday. It was great. Watch it.

I am with you on Temple of Ananke. It is ridiculous that this is still allowed to continue in its current state (crashing people day after day).

Fortress sieges will be here soon. Raids good lord I hope will be here in time to get some of my guild back. I am hopeful that there are other things in the works as well,

Also I know for a fact that devs are listening because have you seen that curry pot now? It's huge.
    For weeks now we have been promised these Fortress sieges and still nothing.
    The temple of Ananke has been an issue since release and it is EXTREMELY concerning the effect it has on peoples computers, (now I could be wrong) but I have seen little to address this issue recently.

I am indeed impressed by the size of the curry pot, however on the same hand disappointed that this seems to have been the biggest improvement...the resizing of a consumable.

I will say I am EXTREMELY HAPPY with the recycle all planar fragments!!! - VERYYYYYY appreciative of this addition!

Quote Originally Posted by Andracleric View Post
    Look the OP is only saying what so many have already said. For those of you who enjoy the game as is- that is great. But many of us have played for years and remember what it *was*. It is not better. It is worse. If it was not worse- guilds would still be together doing group content that is more than a handful of warfronts and a couple of viable dungeons. Raids are dead. "it is coming" does not mean LFR (one) raid with one boss or one quasi zone event like Volan. My guild started to bleed players last fall when people did not return from their summer breaks (things were often quiet over the summer and picked up in the fall). Then no one wanted to raid because of the ultimate currency and gear changes. Then after SFP came out there was nothing to progress for. I am sorry- even if raiding is a "small part of the community" it is what people want to progress for. It drives the crafting, the AH, the gearing and upgrades, and the min-maxing to get a toon worthy of doing well in a raid. Minimizing the pain and frustration of players who cannot do this anymore, have lost players, and have not just lost a hobby but friends moving on to other games is awful. Natarya did not slam anyone, rarely posts (as did I until SFP) and is upset. This is not trolling. This is commenting and expressing unhappiness with a product. Most places either respond with apologies, refund the customer, or provide a reasonable substitute. It is not good to keep gaslighting unhappy customers- pretending they are irrelevant, in the minority, or crazy. It is the kind of behavior that will continue loss of the old loyal fan base.

This is it right here!
    It is all good to appeal to casual players etc, but please do not forget the players that actually FUND rift and I can almost guarantee it is not the casuals who are pouring hundreds and in some cases even thousands of dollars into this game.

At this rate I honestly believe that unless something is done soon to quell the growing unease, sadness and disappointment that seems to be slowly flooding through Telara, it will soon completely consume the game and drive away the biggest financial supporters of rift ultimately leading to it's demise....and while I may have no desire to want to give up on Rift because I have seen what it can and has been before, I feel at the current rate it will not be too much longer until we all sadly wave goodbye to the Planes of Telara once and for all.

Now I apologise if I have unintentionally hurt or offended anyone by this. I am simply attempting to express how I currently feel about this game I love, live and breathe....

Natarya

Champion of Telara Holyroller12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zojah View Post
    Please Trion. I don't want to do it I've avoided it for all these years so far.

Raiding is becoming obsolete in WoW for the most part at the moment with the introduction of mythic dungeons. A lot of the people who jumped on the hype train for legion jumped off after the first 2 months or so. Either way if you want to try something new and take a break then by all means. Just keep in mind it has its own big problems to deal with.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 01-16-2017 at 04:25 AM.
    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Natarya View Post
    It is all good to appeal to casual players etc, but please do not forget the players that actually FUND rift and I can almost guarantee it is not the casuals who are pouring hundreds and in some cases even thousands of dollars into this game.
    Trion is listening. We as players see the multitude of complaints and want to see reaction to that. Trion hears those, but only as side noise to their main revenue stream.

I agree with almost all of your points, but with this one statement you demonstrate that you know little of how the gaming industry has evolved, or what kind of player makes up the bulk of the revenue core. Factor in what kind of player makes more demands, and which is more likely to say positive things on external sites vs complaining (impacts new potential players), and it's clear that we've ended up at the most likely conclusion.

Putting an exclusive reward (mount or wardrobe bundle) in a rng cash box (gambling) takes so much less work than developing playable content, and more players will pay for it. Space those cash spikes out with simplistic repetitive tasks (Manugo was not an accident, nor minions) that offer reinforcement (achievement points and gear unlocks) and you've created the same situation that keeps people glued to slot machines. This pattern is low-cost and higher-reward.

When Trion staff talk about cape graphics and wardrobe sets as upcoming content it makes it hard to believe playable content is in the plan. I hope the fortress sieges rock.
    We can't hear the true songs, we are alone under the cold moon.

I, too, wished that we would see the full content on the site at launch. Unfortuantely, it appears that the outstanding PvE content will not be arriving until 4.1.

The Rift Team is definitely aware of the PvE issues, and the lack of content right now. I don't want to make excuses, but the team was definitely on an extreme time crunch to launch the expansion with what it already had.

It sucks, many of us can agree. However, the team knows this, and I get the sense that they are hoping to reverse that sentiment soon(tm). Hopefully the producer's letter will clarify their intentions and address many of our concerns and set a proper timetable for us.

4.1 is tentatively scheduled to arrive in Q1 2017, which means March at the latest, though I realistically believe it will land in February, and hopefully things won't slide into April.

Here is what we know is coming in 4.1 for PvE. I'll leave it to you to determine if this is enough.
    • Tartaric Depths - Tier 1 10-man raid
    • Intrepid: Gyel Fortress - Expert 5-man
    • Eternal Weapon questline

Potentially in 4.1 for PvE
    • Tenebrean Schism zone (I've datamined a Tenebrean Themed colossus)
    • Fortress of the Apocalypse Fortress Siege (no word yet on this)
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

Rift Disciple

Default Holyroller- Raiding is not dead in WoW.... it is in Rift though...

Um- I get that WoW has had crap expansions. But the Bliz learned from their mistakes when they rolled out Legion. There is much raiding there. There is much progression there. They also fixed almost everything (Crafting, Questing, etc) except PvP which is still kind of flat. For those who like PvE more it doesn't mean much- but for those who like PvP more I would look at GW2 or Tera. The point is- *they listened to their customer base and learned.*

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Clowd View Post
    4.1 is tentatively scheduled to arrive in Q1 2017, which means March at the latest, though I realistically believe it will land in February, and hopefully things won't slide into April.
    Do you really think that 4.1 is both going to contain the 10 man and be on live in February? Having one of the bosses on PTS is certainly good and well, but I am unsure that they appear to be moving at a clip to make that time frame a reality.
    !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast