• 1 Post By Raive
  • 1 Post By bollesti
  • 8 Post By dundare
  • 1 Post By Harumph
  • 1 Post By Ongar

Thread: Raiders anyone ?

Shadowlander

Default Raiders anyone ?

simple question , How maintain the raiding players in my guild if there's nothing to raid, they all left for another game , any idea ??

It's on Trion to keep people playing. Not a whole lot for you to do when the game is in the state it's in.

ps. You're failing, Trion.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Maetha View Post
    simple question , How maintain the raiding players in my guild if there's nothing to raid, they all left for another game , any idea ??
    everyone my guild is just kind of on standby until the raid comes out. no one really logs in, just keep checking discord lol
    Last edited by Xanthuss; 01-12-2017 at 08:42 AM.

Plane Walker

Shout at everyone who has left that they are entitled and that it has only been 6 weeks. Wait, is it more than 6 weeks now?

Then remind yourself that Raiders are a minority.

Hold on. Maybe they are trying to get minorities to self-deport? I think I heard something about that somewhere.
    !

Quote Originally Posted by Maetha View Post
    Harshmallows has existed since very early 2011 and it's had a raid-force for almost as long as that. I'm probably the longest-standing member of it that's still playing, having joined in 2012 and I've been a raider off-and-on throughout that time. I can honestly say that at no point in the five years I've been in this guild has enjoyment of the game been lower. We've had a marked downturn in the number of players that log in any more, almost all of them have decided that there's no point maintaining patron status and we've had a number of players and/or officers quit to go and play other games.

That's the reality of SFP, i.e. it's killing off a raiding guild that's kept going strongly for almost six years. There are people in this guild I consider to be friends and that I'd enjoy playing with regardless of which game it is that we're playing together. SFP is causing them to stop playing. Once enough them do so, so will I.

So, I'm not a GM, but I certainly feel your pain. I suspect you're far from alone in the predicament that leaves you in.

Raiding is uhhhhhhhh tuff stuff aye?

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

Plane Walker

We're in the same boat. Biggest thing you can do is not blame guildee's and focus your anger at Trion, where it belongs.

Maybe Trion will stop sounding delusional at some point if enough Guild reps and leaders point out how bad things are and express their anger at Trion for taking all our hard work at putting guilds together and stomping on it...

The absolute worst thing that could happen in a guild right now, is to encourage people to play more when there is nothing to do. Many are taking a break in the hopes that enough gets added, but if they come back 2 soon to give it a second chance, they may get mad enough at the lack of content to never try again.

But let's be honest. Trion is literally thinking about spending time on a dungeon at this stage. If they can't see the problem with that at this stage. They won't be coming back from this...
    Last edited by Rhumble; 01-12-2017 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    Harshmallows has existed since very early 2011 and it's had a raid-force for almost as long as that. I'm probably the longest-standing member of it that's still playing, having joined in 2012 and I've been a raider off-and-on throughout that time. I can honestly say that at no point in the five years I've been in this guild has enjoyment of the game been lower. We've had a marked downturn in the number of players that log in any more, almost all of them have decided that there's no point maintaining patron status and we've had a number of players and/or officers quit to go and play other games.

That's the reality of SFP, i.e. it's killing off a raiding guild that's kept going strongly for almost six years. There are people in this guild I consider to be friends and that I'd enjoy playing with regardless of which game it is that we're playing together. SFP is causing them to stop playing. Once enough them do so, so will I.

So, I'm not a GM, but I certainly feel your pain. I suspect you're far from alone in the predicament that leaves you in.
    I have about 2 weeks of patron left and if in this time window nothing happens that make me change my mind i will certainly leave with great sadness because i will be missing my friends to,i live in EU and never left NA servers because of the ppl i play with and i consider my friends,atm i am very angry and absolutely disapointed with Trion because they are taking away a very important and enjoyable part of my life with bad decisions, and incompetence,i blame the corporation not the workers i would have no problem with a monthly sub of 10€ even 15€ of that meant they deliver what they promissed,hell i would even pay more than that o would not care about the money if it meant they would invest it in RIFT not other low grade titles as Trove and Atlas Reactor,they used our money that should have been applied in this game just to get their greedy hands on other target public that play other games not MMOS and that was the worst decision ever,RIFT could have been the greatest MMO ever and they destroyed it releasing bugged out unfinished and untested content at a time that the game population was already at the limit of their patience just to get the hanfs on some more dollars before we all get away and our money with us.Great going Mr.CEO...great job i hope you are happy with the mess you made,this will only make people look at anything Trion releases or already as released with great distruste,i will never play another game Trion releases even if they have the last game on this earth.
    Last edited by bollesti; 01-12-2017 at 12:43 PM.

Rift Disciple

Default Not much to say- Raiders are gone- and I am not far behind them...

I am the Guild Leader of Circlet Jerkins- a guild that has been around- like Harshmallows- since 2011. I have posted numerous times about how this expansion has gutted my guild. The Raiders and PvP types left awhile ago. There are a few die-hards and a smattering of new players left in my guild on Rift- so I continue to stay (and be raid ready- best I can) to help guide them. I only have a couple of Officers left that still log on. Most have gone on to other games. We ended up forming a Circlet Jerkins on WoW Legion to accomodate refugees from Rift. It is good to be grouping and raiding and progressing again- somewhere. But not everyone came along- many went to other games. The people I have met in Rift I consider friends as well. Many I have met in Real Life. It has been a great experience - but the game is not keeping the great players. I stopped recruiting. I help people quest, run them through dungeons, and help give advice- but there is little more to do as a leader. I wish I could be more upbeat but honestly- what Meteorblade said- and others- is what it is to be a leader in a guild these days in Rift.

Rift Chaser

I have been the guild leader of Dawn of Terror since the opening of the game in 2011. We have raided 4 nights a week since GSB came out in Rift. I think (not really sure) that we might be the only raiding guild still here from the initial launch that has never taken a break or fallen apart and reformed. I only say this to point out that we have been here a long time and seen all the highs and lows of rift. We raid 4 nights a week. We always had other stuff going on on off nights (alt raids, pvp, the kickbutt Volan event back in the day on Seastone, dungeons, rifts etc). We have really done everything this game has to offer.

This is the first time in the entire time we have been on Rift that I have serious questions about our guild's viability going forward. We planned to have 4 ten man raid teams going in this expac. We were looking to add some more folks to fill out the fourth, but had too many regular players for just 3. We routinely (pre expac) had 30-45 people online in primetime and there was never a lack of energy in the guild. That has all changed now. A number of people have outright given up on Rift, some came back and already faded again, a number of people who have played 6-7 nights a week are logging in 3 nights a week now and some just log say hello and tab out to play another game. Everyone has been raid ready for a long time now. Our TS server is empty. The choices the folks at Trion have made in this expac are just killing the raid community and my guild.

Even when content was delayed with an expac, there was always tons to do. We did rifts then raid rifts and new dungeons and experts. We ran CQ. We ran WF. We did zone events. We did crafting and nightmare rifts. We did most everything together as a crew. Now, there is literally nothing to do that requires us all to partner or gives any urgency to do anything because the devs did not even put in the very basics that were the norm in other expacs. It has been multiple months now and nothing has changed. Its not like they got some things right and some wrong for raiding guilds - they literally are batting zero in this expac and no one seems to care.

I warned people lack of a twenty man raid would hurt a lot of guilds including ours. Never did I realize we wouldnt have even a ten main raid at this point. It really stinks. We were riding high farming all the content preexpac. Everyone was geared and excited and ready to roll in the expac and now its not even clear what the future holds.

I HATE HATE HATE to say it but the way this expac has gone has lead our leadership to begin to look for for another game that we can migrate to this year. If it were not for my guild, the people in it, and the chunk of my life I have spent building and maintaining it I would have already left this game over the holidays.

I dont know how it got here, but nothing I read in these threads really gives me any optimism that even the warts and all version of Rift I loved will ever return.

Rift Chaser

There's not really any way to keep raiders around currently. Try to stay in touch outside of game via facebook/guild site/discord/whatever. Hit everybody up in like 4 months when endgame is more robust and people are feelin' the rift itch again.

It was announced that the endgame has 2 new dungeons and a 10 men raid comming at a later point. That's the deal. Now if you compare that wirh former xpacs where you got two 20 men T1 raids plus a 10 men raid and x dungeons its should have been crystal clear that there is a shift in priorities. And shifts in priorities happen in MMOs usually if a certain area of a game is not too popular, in this case raiding.

That said it could be worse, a lot worse. There are MMOs out there with low raiding participation where you can feel lucky if you get a new raid after two years. Rift to its credit has always tried to get more people into raiding: Weekly quests (Classic + SL), Chronicles, Raid IAs, (Universal) Intro Mode, you name it. While weekly quests were are good idea, everything else felt to me as if they do it in order to not to do the obvious, to introduce a grouping tool. This era of experiments ends and they will do the obvious.

Once the raid is live and the new grouping tool feature is active, casual rading will flourish, that is guaranteed. Organized progress raiding on the other hand will depend on the guilds that remain/form/return/merge. I dont have a crystal ball, so we will see what happens on that front.
    Last edited by Ongar; 01-13-2017 at 09:15 AM.

Rift Disciple

Simple solution - just made NOT instanced bosses with BiS drop and pvp area around (like wf, each raid is an enemy for any other raid, maybe except same guilded) and respwan like 4-5 days. That will hold people for 1 or 2 years for sure.
    Last edited by alexzk; 01-13-2017 at 01:57 PM.

http://www.thegharstation.com/2017/0...pths-spoilers/

Hopefully there will be SOME challenge for good players when it releases....

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    http://www.thegharstation.com/2017/0...pths-spoilers/

Hopefully there will be SOME challenge for good players when it releases....
    How many good players will be left?

And how many are going to be coming back for a once a week one boss thing?
    Last edited by Rhumble; 01-14-2017 at 08:59 AM.

+ Reply to Thread