+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: How to level 66-70 fast

Telaran

Default How to level 66-70 fast

I'm sure its been discussed but I cant find it a clear answer, there are lots of guides to power level to 60, not from 66-70. Ive never had an alt so never payed attention to how fast/slow I leveled but with the free level 65 boost I dont want to do the single player content again.

what are some faster ways to get the alts from level 65 to level 70?

IA only gave me 10-15% of the way to 66 in about 2 hours, doing the story quest was about the same rate.

I've never tried mentoring down and running an old dungeon with someone, is that still viable past 65?

Rift Disciple

"NOTE: Expect to have enough content to finish leveling to 70 from 65 once the last of the five zones is released. Expected release date is unknown"

unfinished game much?
    Last edited by Xanthuss; 01-10-2017 at 10:26 AM.

Telaran

Default Thank you

The story quests don't go to level 70 ?
    Is it wise to power level my main, and use the new story quests for the new Alt?

Is my main going to be hindered in some way if I don't do the story Quest with every town (ie notoriety, unlocked ports/zones , etc are account wide) ?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by WickedSticky View Post
    The story quests don't go to level 70 ?
    Is it wise to power level my main, and use the new story quests for the new Alt?

Is my main going to be hindered in some way if I don't do the story Quest with every town (ie notoriety, unlocked ports/zones , etc are account wide) ?
    yep you need the rep for essences and stuff

Soulwalker

Default Hitting a wall

Since I got the xpac I've been trying to level up from 65 to 70 as best I can.

I have already completed the first 3 zones of the Celestial Lands.
    I have finished the story line quests in each zone. I even got each zone achievement for completing the Carnage Quests.
    Scatherran Forest (65-66)
    Gedlo Badlands (66-67)
    Xarth Mire (68-69)

I've even begun the Story Quest and gotten as far as the first Porticulum in Ashenfell (69-70)

My character is still only level 67 and a half.
    So now I'm stuck at going into a zone where everything is at least 1.5 levels above me.

I'm going to go back to the Plane of Water and Planetouched Wilds in search of any quests I've missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpanot View Post

I have finished the story line quests in each zone. I even got each zone achievement for completing the Carnage Quests.
    Gedlo Badlands (66-67)
    Xarth Mire (68-69)

I've even begun the Story Quest and gotten as far as the first Porticulum in Ashenfell (69-70)

So now I'm stuck at going into a zone where everything is at least 1.5 levels above me.

I'm going to go back to the Plane of Water and Planetouched Wilds in search of any quests I've missed.
    Make sure you do the dailies in the zones that you have unlocked them in each day.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Derpanot View Post

Gedlo Badlands (66-67)
    Xarth Mire (68-69)

It really is poorly designed.

If you do everything in every zone in the Xpac. You should ding 70.

You shouldn't be 2 levels away.

Maybe patron makes a big difference but im very nearly 66 on my alt and havent finished SF yet. I remember being 69.5 when I finished Ashen. I recommend doing the zone events and rifts you come across in each area.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    Maybe patron makes a big difference but im very nearly 66 on my alt and havent finished SF yet. I remember being 69.5 when I finished Ashen. I recommend doing the zone events and rifts you come across in each area.
    Patron is a 30% boost. Patron also has rested experience. Loyalty provides additional boosts. People spending money might also have experience vials.

For F2P, though, completing every story quest and carnage quest in Celestial Lands will get you to 68. You will feel unprepared and underleveled before you're out of the first zone. To get to 70 you'll need to grind dailies, IAs, PAs, dungeons, rifts, and other repetitive content.

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TigerhawkT3 View Post
    Patron is a 30% boost. Patron also has rested experience. Loyalty provides additional boosts. People spending money might also have experience vials.

For F2P, though, completing every story quest and carnage quest in Celestial Lands will get you to 68. You will feel unprepared and underleveled before you're out of the first zone. To get to 70 you'll need to grind dailies, IAs, PAs, dungeons, rifts, and other repetitive content.
    Yes, patron (40% xp boost), loyalty perks, xp gear (equip it only when you turning in quests) make huge difference. All these perks and 4 xp vials which any my new char have allow me to level up 65 to 70 in less than 8 hours of game time doing only 2/3 of storyline quests (without carnages).
    Last edited by Isp; 06-07-2017 at 02:15 AM.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Prophet of Telara

I guess YMMV. My main is 67.5 (not patron nor using my pot stash; not even Rested xp) and she's completed Scatherran - all quests I could find and carnages - with brief forays into Badlands and Ashenfell for zone events, as well as a bunch of planar assault adventures. Admittedly I did a bunch of NT stuff I'd missed first (Tyrant's Throne, first third of PTW) but that only took me to - at most - 65.5. I plan to continue along in the same vein with the Gedlo Badlands: all quests I can find, all carnages, interspersed with Celestial Lands zone events and some planar assaults. Unless XP gain drastically falls off a cliff after Scatherran I imagine hitting 70 will fall inline with finishing up the zones.
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

Default Completed Story quest chains are leading to dayiies like chronicles

So often ppl say they have been done all story quests, so they should know each chronicle anyway due to the last quest of each chain. The last quests are basically just the daylie for the first time for each new charcter.

CELESTIAL LANDS
    * The final boss in the following quests now have standard boss immunities: Mael Salach, Scarlet Night, Twilight of the Tuath’de and The Devil Who Would Be King. This also affects the daily version of these quests as well.

The patch notes even tell you that Trion thinks they were far too easy anyway. Now you even need some skill to kill them if you still in nt gear.

The correct name now for these "mini-sagas" formerly known as chronicles is unknown to me I think some players know how they are called now.

Anyway after all it is a grind and it should be, harder tasks make you play and switch around with souls more.

In the end its all about dailies and daily charges like dungeons, warfronts, IAs, dont forget weeklys for it, too. The rep daily gives xp, fragging the fragments. I dont even understand it why and how this shouldnt be alt supporting. This makes lvling 2 or 3 chars at the same time way more interesting than the 8th lfg without a charge left anymore that day.

Some ppl just create alts to do the story quests again since some get quite entertained by them.
    Orgonebuster Funkadelicc Highplanedrifter Lisalovelace Tastygroove all @deepwood in Hello Kitty
    Orgone Maydayy Tailgrab Torusterritory all @ brutwacht in Gilgamesh
    my music: https://www.numberonemusic.com/artist941 https://whussup.net:333/?q=release/timelines

Leveling from 65-70 will obviously be much slower if you're not a patron and without vials. Things that didn't exist back in vanilla so those things are purely bonuses if you choose to use / buy them to speed things up, but it's still possible to hit 70. You'll just need to spend a few extra days or weeks (heavily depending on h ow often you can play) doing dailies and what not to finish it off.

Patron and 160% Vials
    If you have access to the both of these then you can do the following. (This is how i leveled my 4 alts back in December):

Scatheran Forest - This will apply to both zones, but do every story, side quest and carnage int he zone and you'll be 68 by the time you leave. You can also pre-load 10 carnages before you pop the vial to save some so extra time on the vial.

Ashenfell - Skip directly over to the last zone and do the same thing as the first zone and you should be half way through 69 if not almost 70.

Xarthmire - Just use this to finish off any amount of exp you have left.

Once you do it enough times you can get it down to 5 1/2 hours (total) or so. I'm sure others have done it faster (not including when crafting dailies/weeklies gave exp). Note: You always want to do every zone and every storyline on your first character so you can unlock the chronicle which you'll need for rep later on. After that, the stuff you buy from those reps are BoA so you don't need to on alts.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Islesi View Post
    I guess YMMV. My main is 67.5 (not patron nor using my pot stash; not even Rested xp) and she's completed Scatherran - all quests I could find and carnages - with brief forays into Badlands and Ashenfell for zone events, as well as a bunch of planar assault adventures. Admittedly I did a bunch of NT stuff I'd missed first (Tyrant's Throne, first third of PTW) but that only took me to - at most - 65.5. I plan to continue along in the same vein with the Gedlo Badlands: all quests I can find, all carnages, interspersed with Celestial Lands zone events and some planar assaults. Unless XP gain drastically falls off a cliff after Scatherran I imagine hitting 70 will fall inline with finishing up the zones.
    Your signature mentions "not another penny" - do you have Loyalty? That's a significant exp boost, especially at higher tiers.

I got my warrior to 70, and now I'm bringing my mage through the story quests. Unless I grind a lot of extra content (boring filler), I'm on track for similar situations: "do I start a zone that's 1-2 levels above me, or 2-3 levels above me?" followed by "I finished the zone 1-2 levels above me and didn't gain a single level (or get any upgrades), so I guess I'll start the next zone and be really careful."

It's unfortunate that the expansion has to accommodate such a wide range of exp bonuses, from nothing to (napkin math) 5x or more with Patron (1.4x), rested exp (1.4x), Loyalty (I think it's 1.15x, but it looks like the only place with specific info on this is the game itself, and I don't have it running now), and vials (2.6x). Players with lots of bonuses will hit 70 early and the remaining story quests will become old content to be knocked out "tomorrow," while players with no bonuses are left with the impression that the expansion was rushed and released in an incomplete state.

TL;DR: Go kill 65,340,285 boars.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast