+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: How to level 66-70 fast

Plane Touched

Default The three most important things in powerleveling from 66-69 are ...

location, location, location.

The location is Gyel Fortress. If you can't figure out what to do there, then ask nicely in game.

Once you reach level 69, you can remain in Gyel Fortress or go to Ashenfell.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguss View Post
    location, location, location.

The location is Gyel Fortress. If you can't figure out what to do there, then ask nicely in game.

Once you reach level 69, you can remain in Gyel Fortress or go to Ashenfell.
    So, knock out every single zone to get to 68, then grind out another level in some way, and then go to Gyel? For a different grind? Is it more fun and interesting than the other available grinds?

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TigerhawkT3 View Post
    Your signature mentions "not another penny" - do you have Loyalty? That's a significant exp boost, especially at higher tiers.

I got my warrior to 70, and now I'm bringing my mage through the story quests. Unless I grind a lot of extra content (boring filler), I'm on track for similar situations: "do I start a zone that's 1-2 levels above me, or 2-3 levels above me?" followed by "I finished the zone 1-2 levels above me and didn't gain a single level (or get any upgrades), so I guess I'll start the next zone and be really careful."

It's unfortunate that the expansion has to accommodate such a wide range of exp bonuses, from nothing to (napkin math) 5x or more with Patron (1.4x), rested exp (1.4x), Loyalty (I think it's 1.15x, but it looks like the only place with specific info on this is the game itself, and I don't have it running now), and vials (2.6x). Players with lots of bonuses will hit 70 early and the remaining story quests will become old content to be knocked out "tomorrow," while players with no bonuses are left with the impression that the expansion was rushed and released in an incomplete state.

TL;DR: Go kill 65,340,285 boars.
    I do have quite a few tiers of loyalty, yes. That would be my only source of xp boost, whatever is baked into completing each tier. There are so many different sources of xp boost, I would assume that the vast majority of players would have access to at least one - be it a random vial from a login reward or whatever. I don't know how much of what I've been playing was present at launch, so I can't comment on the status of the expac then!
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

Soulwalker

Default this link has been removed :/

your link has been removed. :/ It does not work

Quote Originally Posted by Bishoujo View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MadTown View Post
    Find a sidekick.

65-66 Forest

66- 67 Geldo

67 - The quest that sends you to hailol

67 - 68 - Ashenfell

68 - 70 Vostigar (You want Vostigar rep and currency so just do everything there)

Finish ashen on demand.

Preloading all vP Carnages (prepare carnages so they can be completed with 1 kill + 9 Ashenfell ready) for <1h . Popping a 160% + Patron gave 68-70 in some 100 min.

Overall rogue with a little something < 2 days 65-70 without pushing too hardcore.

Why the zone wiggle?
    Sidekick gives you a zone's maximum level. So on lvl 66 in the forest, you lose it and your ttk raises by alot.

Stick to story quests.
    Carnages only if you 100% finish them and they are quick/ on your way.

For a first charakter, read the quest texts and try around with some builds. Lvl 70 is not running away ;)

Why no Gyel mentioned?
    I think dungeon powerleveling cuts into the own flesh. Say it's your first Cleric and you afk most of the leveling time. You will spend countless hours getting the practise on 70 then. Skiping the personal practise by 65 boost/ getting carried, will come back double in time spent.
    Different thing on same class- alts.

Chance that the file from Hepatitis dates back pre Vp and thus was outdated anyway.
    Last edited by Shas; 08-12-2020 at 03:29 AM.
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by MadTown View Post
    Here's a working link on Rift powerleveling.

http://riftraids.weebly.com/powerleveling.html

Quote Originally Posted by Zornar View Post
    Here's a working link on Rift powerleveling.

http://riftraids.weebly.com/powerleveling.html
    Last update seems to be made somewhere in 2017

Info until lvl 68 looks fine.
    Last edited by Shas; 08-13-2020 at 07:22 AM.
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

not quite.. that old guide..

Afaik, Hailol no longer works for lower levels..

for gyel.. stay at the start when the levelling party.. stay at 63 (mentored) as much as possible.. and when a full run, wait till you get the xp from the last fight, before running out.

during trash runs.. the one levelling runs out, the runner goes out through dimension.. that goes faster than running to entrance

also.. trash runs in gyel nowadays go faster than 3 mins, so you'll hit the reset block fast

when on boost/vial, make sure you are the only one in the party that's levelling, or your xp gets split over the other people levelling.. group xp doesn't compensate the loss on that

if you want to min/max the xp, try to get some friends in the group, that mentor to level 10 inside (leaving through dimensions when the (full) run is done.. )

as for the VP.. zone.. most quests start there at level 70.. and the killing xp at lower level is crap

And of course.. the crafting dailies no longer give levelling xp
    also, the manugo quests starting at 58.. still some 3/4 m xp daily

some things I didn't fully test...

CC runner mentored to 50/52, the player levelling sidekicked
    Foul cascade xprt trash runs (requires level 50), the runner mentored (perhaps also the one levelling mentored)
    for guardian, the bunker quest in turnis bunker (AD), the storyline in the armory and the quest at the academy portal (kingsward)
    switching between gyel and gyel xprt
    Last edited by Aranka; 08-13-2020 at 07:30 AM.

Telaran

throw me a /w if u wanna do a dungeon

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ing-guide.html

came across this guide also.. pretty viable

This is however based on full 160%, all rest boosts and speed/cp boosts
    Not sure on patron status..

When players don't have the 160 vials, I usually advice using the 40/80% vials upto preferably level 65/66..

May take more time to level, but at lower level, xp goes fast anyways and for the last levels, if they dont want to start with level 62 gear from gyel at that 70- level, they can spend some time questing in Celestial Lands to get to know the map/portals and gather some gear...
    Last edited by Aranka; 08-17-2020 at 10:29 AM.

Soulwalker

Just did this last week 1-70 on a new account without patron. Took about 5 days off and on. The new player leveling experience is utterly horrible, but w/e. You gotta do what you gotta do to distract yourself from general chat (what's in the water, for real).

A lot of the advice here assumes you have plat and/or people willing to help. I've seen the same people posting for days looking for Gyel runs, so it's not as easy as it's being made out to be. If you have help, great. If not:

You get 2 160% xp pots; hopefully you didn't use them.

The idea is you want to be able to turn in as much stuff as possible during the 2 hrs the XP pot is running.

Side-kicking makes everything faster. You want to do Scatheran story quests without an XP pot and along the way frontload as many carnages AND quests as you can. This means leaving a quest almost complete (e.g. 7/8 mead barrels kicked).

I'd advise completing but not claiming 8ish quests as well (accidentally killing something and completing a quest can prematurely fill up your 10 unclaimed). Do the same thing in Gedlo with story quest and carnages/quests along the way until you're full / Veist won't offer any more quests. Then pop your first 160% turn in everything you can and then go back and finish everything in those two zones.

Do the same thing with Xarth and Ashenfell.

Vostigar is annoyingly laid out-- lots of mobs have no carnages, the ones that do are in irritating places, and most aren't available until you're 68-9 anyway. Other zones have pockets of mobs you need in the order you need them, so it's faster to blow those up imo.

Resist the temptation to do any harvesting except butchering the stuff you killed doing the above.I probably wasted 2+hrs gathering just because I never want to see those zones again, even though it'd be faster (and higher yield cause you can wear runes) to come back @ 70.

If you have patron, you'll be 70 mid Ashenfell without having to do any of the faction dailies in the zones. If not you'll hit 70 just before the last quest and you'll have to do those dailies. Don't forget you can do the daily version of the chronicle (or w/e the f they're called now) after you complete the story version.

gl

wig

P.S here are some emojis to show how relatable I am :
    Last edited by iputawigonyou; 08-19-2020 at 07:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2