+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree395Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Just cant do it anymore.

Default Just cant do it anymore.

Population is low
    All pvp below 65 is dead
    Fewer WFs
    Pvp/WFs just feel broken altogether
    No CQ
    No updates/items to affinity rewards
    The list goes on and on for an xpac that we had to pay for. We all got robbed.
    Everybody will have their own list and examples. These are a handful of mine.

Been with this game since June of 2011. Can officially say this xpac has sucked the life right out of me. Been paying for this game since day 1. Been a patron the entire time. Spent a lot of time and "real" money on this game to always support it financially. Just can't do it anymore. Guess its finally my time to invest my time and money elsewhere. Will see what happens. As of today, I will no longer be a patron. Not sure at this point how much I will be on. Guess it depends on what I find. Still my favorite game, its just never going to be the same.

Its too bad, I had really high hopes for this Xpac and unfortunately, its exactly how I thought it would turn out. Would really love to see this game turn it around, but I just dont think it ever will. First and foremost, this game needs to build a player base again. If anything, scrap it all and start Rift 2.0 instead of kicking this dead horse around.

But seriously, updates are coming

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post

I've told myself that since 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Malackye View Post
    I've told myself that since 3.0
    Breaking up is hard to do. Nothing wrong with taking a break though. Let things catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Malackye View Post
    No CQ
    This is what everyone wanted. CQ was terrible, no one liked it, and everyone hated premades. I'm glad its been turned off, it was really bad for the game as it created toxicity b/c people competed.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Plane Touched

Default CQ was a great way to earn Hearts of the Frozen and Gear Rgizil

CQ was a great way to lower the freaking grind in raids or dungeons waiting for RNGesus to drop the staff or the *one* piece of gear. The only toxicity came from dueling callers. And gloating players- which is sort of the way things go in pvp. I know- Hearts of the Frozen are so yesterday- but not long ago they were very important for gear upgrades.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    This is what everyone wanted. CQ was terrible, no one liked it, and everyone hated premades. I'm glad its been turned off, it was really bad for the game as it created toxicity b/c people competed.
    Group content in a multiplayer game... who wants that! I prefer to run in circles around my dimension.
    Koz

Soulwalker

Default Dead game

Most folks that' has been on since inception feels robbed with most of trion designs/changes. Seems boredom is trions motto for players. trion doesn't seem interested or even care whether people quit or not.World pop has decreased because of this and it's evident with pvp for the most part.The declination of the sellable items minions once came back with has been nerffed solely because it cost plat to invest in the new fragments. Rex prices has dropped because of the income trion wants to have from that rex. to invest in fragments. It definitely seems like econ 101 all over again. I for one am not going to invest in trions scheme.I will sit out losing warfronts so players aren't going to get favor from me.I will make people report me to kick me from losing warfronts so new warfront players whp take my place will be disheartened as well by joining a lost warfront.trion has failed as a good MMO design company when it stole the name Rift from the tabletop game to begin with.Their continued failure in Rift MMO has driven off players and it is fairly evident they couldn't care less.

To go this long without an update that didn't include Fae Yule is garbage. Sadly SADLY disappointed in Trion. Going on 3 or 4 weeks without a response to my PM to Brasse too.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberrwocky View Post
    To go this long without an update that didn't include Fae Yule is garbage. Sadly SADLY disappointed in Trion. Going on 3 or 4 weeks without a response to my PM to Brasse too.
    Hey, man, did you not hear during the livestream? It is the players that demanded no more buggy content be released. So in a way, it is really all your fault.

Or something like that.

Apparently my graphics card (3.5 year old 770GTX) decided it had had enough as well and borked itself yesterday. Getting a new system built, but I am totally lacking a sense of urgency to get back in teh game. I guess I will use my wife's PC to send minions out twice a day ...
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

I so agree with the OP.
    I am the weapon, my daggers are just tools
    Security Warning:This human beeing may use cynicism and sarcasm in a way you are not accustomed to, you might suffer severe mental damage
    Starfall Prophecy ALL Content cleared

Rift Chaser

I feel the same as OP.
    PVP outgoing based on what team has the more players with exploited, bugged class.
    2 days ago or so there was a team against us with multiple primalists. We couldn't do anything against their focus fire, every one of us melted in 1-2 sec.

We don't get updates, no bug fixes, content lacking, population is low good luck to get a full match outside peak times, sometimes not even in peak times. Sometimes we join just to see warfronts ended. Teams are incredibly unbalanced. And because damage too high again, nobody wants to heal, maybe there is only 1 healer on each team or none, they instead swap to tank because for some soul`s tank survive better than a full time healer. Bolstering still bugged, pvp gear still bugged, and few pieces bolstered down and they shouldn't be. And my biggest beef: chloromancer is so weak, there are no words to describe it.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post

You mean Fortress Sieges, that judging by the live stream look only like glorified zone events?

At this point in time, the state of the upcoming raid will determine whether RIFT lives or enters maintenance mode .

Sad Zojah is Sad.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zojah View Post
    At this point in time, the state of the upcoming raid will determine whether RIFT lives or enters maintenance mode .

Sad Zojah is Sad.
    Fear not. The same team that worked 18 months to make SFP a highly polished product is now working on the raid. What could there possibly go wrong?
    Last edited by Elayara; 01-09-2017 at 03:30 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast