+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree395Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Just cant do it anymore.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Hammic View Post
    Rift have lost more subscriber than ever for the reason that I have the 1 year subscription and what do I get nothing I can't get any of the new things, not even the earring or the new land, no we have to pay more money to get all that really rift that is the worst thing you do to all the of us who pay a monthly, every 6 month or like me the year subscriber we get nothing only patriot trash really
    All reasons why I dropped Patron. What do I get for being a loyal patron? A receipt? I also spent a lot of real money on the game while patron, then realized I was being robbed blind.

The xpac was the final straw.

Rift Disciple

Yes it has been sad seeing the game go from what I considered one of the best out there to the state it's in now . SHARD BALANCING ? how about throwing everyone on one server so it looks like people are still playing the game is more like it . How about crafting ? Level 50 Epic gear was crafted and that is what you needed to get into Experts , now you get drops better than the useless crafted gear . I don't even waste my time crafting anything to sell on AH . just sell off the mats as I get them . I agree it's so pathetic that as a patron you get pretty much nothing for supporting the game . Everything costs extra and pretty much everything can be bought for a price . Even Plat can be bought and it's being sold by Trion . Most games shun gold farmers but Rift offers their own , you pay cash for a Rex and sell it for plat , why not just put Plat on the Rift store to buy and cut out the extra step ? I tried working on my newest level 70 last night to get a spec working and couldn't even parse it the lag was so bad and DCed at least 5 times yesterday . I am just about with all you to jump ship , I do have quite a bit of patron left so I may stay longer than most .

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    This is what everyone wanted. CQ was terrible, no one liked it, and everyone hated premades. I'm glad its been turned off, it was really bad for the game as it created toxicity b/c people competed.
    Lol right? Did CQ nearly every single day everytime it popped. Then was forced to watch it die a slow agonizing death. Kind of like this game in general.
    ----Gawdcomplex

Bought the expansion then I've tried it on the PTS
    After playing Rift since summer 2011, I've uninstalled Rift, installed back Guild Wars 2, bought Hearts of Thorns and happy with it now, there's ALWAYS people around even at 4 effing AM
    Last edited by minipara; 01-09-2017 at 03:32 PM.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #35
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberrwocky View Post
    To go this long without an update that didn't include Fae Yule is garbage. Sadly SADLY disappointed in Trion. Going on 3 or 4 weeks without a response to my PM to Brasse too.
    With apologies, I rarely, rarely have time to read or respond to PMs. If it's a CS issue (including harrassment), it needs to go through CS. If it's anything else, it needs to be posted on the forums. In Community we need to operate on a one-to-many basis. We just don't have the volume of staff to respond one on one. I wish I had that luxury or the hours in a day!

I am going to ask CM Morgana to shut off my PMs so that people don't wait for days and weeks waiting for me to respond there.

Brasse

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    With apologies, I rarely, rarely have time to read or respond to PMs. If it's a CS issue (including harrassment), it needs to go through CS. If it's anything else, it needs to be posted on the forums. In Community we need to operate on a one-to-many basis. We just don't have the volume of staff to respond one on one. I wish I had that luxury or the hours in a day!

I am going to ask CM Morgana to shut off my PMs so that people don't wait for days and weeks waiting for me to respond there.

Brasse
    That's very reassuring to hear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    "I don't like what you're saying, so I'mma get triggered and shame you somehow." ~RIFT Forums, 2016

Brasse
    Isnt that a bit lazy? and poor Morgana might be a bit busy herself!
    you can do it yourself
    and it doesnt take more than 10 seconds

step 1)
    Visit this link
    http://forums.riftgame.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

Step 2) look at the 4th column, check ""Private messaging off"

step 3) scroll down and save changes

congrats! you've done it yourself

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #38

The Expansion Pack clearly stated the contents. If you were displeased, I know we've already heard your feedback - we've been collecting it throughout, the good and the bad (and there's plenty of both). I can promise that this will be considered when the Dev Team plans the coming development and release schedule for 2017.

Attaching a dollar value on entertainment is always a tricky issue. I recently spent $60 going to a movie with my husband and didn't think it was worth the popcorn I bought. I spent $27 on a book that I thought was fantastic and that I'll definitely read again.

Offering game services in exchange for money is a business model, and one that we continue to evaluate over time. We want to continue developing RIFT for the wide variety of playstyles our audience wants, and recognizing that keeping so many different folks happy is a HUGE challenge.

On one point I really want to address: the value proposition of Patron status.
    As someone who plays 3-4 MMOGs at the same time, it seems like an awfully good deal to me. If you disagree, you should drop Patron immediately - gaming services are all opt-in. Why pay for the coffee if you don't drink coffee?

If you do enjoy Patron status, thank you for supporting ongoing operating and development costs. We love working on this world.

Looking over the list here: http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/store/#become-patron
    (and hey - remember that until Jan 11, you can get a whole year for $99)

STORE DISCOUNT
    Get 10% off all purchases made with Credits in the RIFT Store.

EXTRA CURRENCY
    Earn +15% currency (always on).

BONUS TOKENS
    40% boost to RIFT currencies like Abyssal Crusader’s Marks (dungeons), Fragments of Madness (raids), Grandmaster Craftsman’s Mark, and more!

LOYALTY
    Earn more veteran rewards the longer you subscribe.

BONUS LOOT
    Get a free Supply Crate each week.

MARVELOUS LUCK
    Get an increased chance for Marvelous loot from Supply Crates!

ARTIFACT TRACKING
    Reveal artifacts on your minimap for 30 minutes each day!

EXTRA DAILY QUESTS
    Get +10 to your Daily Quest limit!

WEEKLY BONUS CHARGES
    +3 Bonus Reward Charges for Random Dungeons and Warfronts each week.

PATRON’S RADIANCE
    Let your inner nature shine with a special, Patron-only cosmetic ability!

BONUS EXPERIENCE
    40% XP boost helps you level faster to 60 and beyond. Toggle it off if you’d rather take it slow!

NOTORIETY
    40% boost to reputation gains.

FAVOR & PRESTIGE
    40% boosts to PvP XP and currency.

OVERLORD
    Your Minions love a good Overlord, earning +5% XP on each of their Adventures!

PATRON FAST PASS
    Teleport on the go without a Porticulum (no matter where you are!) once every 30 mins.

PATRON SUMMONS
    Instant access to your Banker, Guild Banker, and Trainer.

MOUNTED COMMAND
    Travel faster with +10% Mount Speed, +25% faster mounting, and -5% chance to be dismounted.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #39

Quote Originally Posted by Zojah View Post
    You mean Fortress Sieges, that judging by the live stream look only like glorified zone events?
    The Fortress Siege is a large and complex zone event, yes, quite the challenge as well. However, it opens a raid instance when completed. Our experience on PTS was the best play test we'd been able to run on it so far, and we should see it on live servers... dare I say it... SOON?
    Brasse

Rift Chaser

If you do enjoy Patron status, thank you for supporting ongoing operating and development costs. We love working on this world.

Looking over the list here: http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/store/#become-patron
    Thank you for plugging patron status in this thread. It really helped alleviate our concerns about the expansion and how the CM team deals with feedback.
    Last edited by Aayden; 01-09-2017 at 05:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    "I don't like what you're saying, so I'mma get triggered and shame you somehow." ~RIFT Forums, 2016

Brasse
    First of all, there are a variety reasons one might want to talk to a community manager in private that don't fall into your (forums or CS) black and white options. There were numerous times where I sent Ocho a pm on the forums (something he very often encourged the community to do) and all he said was that he had read it and passed it on to people who could handle whatever it was.

I'd be okay if you said you didn't always have time to respond to messages and I understand that sometimes you get busy and can't read them right away, but to go so far as to not only tell people to post their issues on the forums but also disable your private messages is incredibly inconsiderate and shows a lack of interest in engaging with the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trion Worlds
    Being at Trion means being open to giving and receiving honest feedback. It means playing the hell out of our own games. It means listening to and being a part of teams who are always inventing, refining, and making things as good as they can be. It means always getting better and having an eternal willingness to learn and evolve. It means being our own worst critics

The Expansion Pack clearly stated the contents. If you were displeased, I know we've already heard your feedback - we've been collecting it throughout, the good and the bad (and there's plenty of both). I can promise that this will be considered when the Dev Team plans the coming development and release schedule for 2017.

Attaching a dollar value on entertainment is always a tricky issue. I recently spent $60 going to a movie with my husband and didn't think it was worth the popcorn I bought. I spent $27 on a book that I thought was fantastic and that I'll definitely read again.

Offering game services in exchange for money is a business model, and one that we continue to evaluate over time. We want to continue developing RIFT for the wide variety of playstyles our audience wants, and recognizing that keeping so many different folks happy is a HUGE challenge.

As someone who plays 3-4 MMOGs at the same time, it seems like an awfully good deal to me. If you disagree, you should drop Patron immediately - gaming services are all opt-in. Why pay for the coffee if you don't drink coffee?

STORE DISCOUNT

EXTRA CURRENCY

BONUS TOKENS
    40% boost to RIFT currencies like Abyssal Crusader’s Marks (dungeons), Fragments of Madness (raids), Grandmaster Craftsman’s Mark, and more!

LOYALTY

BONUS LOOT

MARVELOUS LUCK

ARTIFACT TRACKING

EXTRA DAILY QUESTS

WEEKLY BONUS CHARGES

PATRON’S RADIANCE

BONUS EXPERIENCE
    40% XP boost helps you level faster to 60 and beyond. Toggle it off if you’d rather take it slow!

NOTORIETY

FAVOR & PRESTIGE

OVERLORD

PATRON FAST PASS
    Teleport on the go without a Porticulum (no matter where you are!) once every 30 mins.

PATRON SUMMONS

MOUNTED COMMAND
    Travel faster with +10% Mount Speed, +25% faster mounting, and -5% chance to be dismounted.
    And not a word addressing my concerns/issues which have caused me to leave this game since 2011. In the famous words of Gawdcomplex......PATHETIC......
    ----Gawdcomplex

I have to admit i am right along with the OP also. Basically shunned for asking about pvp updates . I have done all content on my main short of dungeons (which i did break down and do a few times.. yuckk) i have every new cheev except finishing simons dungeon and completing the artifact set from sfp zones. I have also levelled up 5 other characters to 70 with moderate gear.

I AM BORED

No current tier WEEKLY ia quest.
    No daily or weekly pvp quest
    No new pvp cheevs.
    No word on CQ.. can only assume you guys have done away withit because it would require work to implement a reason to populate it (even tho we have told yall to make it worthwhile by udating rewards.. again crickets)
    No updated zone event weekly.. basically no new weeklies just nmt versions or nothing at all.

Ive been a silver tier level player since it was implementee. (I was 5 minutes from the server first for the achievement). No new tiers have come out since 2015... we need paisley tier to be put in. Or plaid.. but something.

Stop making crafting expensive and stop the 2x requirement to make the basic materials. Cloth has always been 2x per bolt. But the rest being like that is too much.

Give the Raiders their raids back and give the Pvpers their pvp back.

Tldr : do something!!!
    Grl / Grrrl / Grrrrl / Grrrrrl @Deepwood <Hello Kitty> Grrrrl / Grl @Zaviel and probably more...

I AM BORED!!!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Grrrrl View Post
    Tldr : do something!!!
    they are doing something. and I can guarantee you they are working very hard given the fact that they don't have access to the resources they once did.

for me quality over quantity, always. people have a reason to be upset at the lack of content. but I think we would all much rather have long-lasting, meaningful, engaging content, that comes out later than broken stuff that it launched sooner.

again given the past reputation people have a right to be skeptical.

it's up to trion to prove us wrong with what we know is supposed to be coming. (and also what may surprise us)
    Last edited by Xanthuss; 01-09-2017 at 05:38 PM.

STORE DISCOUNT
    Sure, if theres something in there you want/need, decent perk
    EXTRA CURRENCY
    Currency to buy what exactly?
    BONUS TOKENS
    previous expansion marks, FANTASTIC!!
    LOYALTY
    dont really care, have the overrides already
    BONUS LOOT
    0.05% get lucky, rest get screwed with junk
    MARVELOUS LUCK
    see above
    ARTIFACT TRACKING
    2nd decent perk of the lot, assuming you like to do this stuff
    EXTRA DAILY QUESTS
    big deal...
    WEEKLY BONUS CHARGES
    might be useful if they weren't so boring and repetitive after doing them once or twice
    PATRON’S RADIANCE
    *insert sarcasm of your choosing*
    BONUS EXPERIENCE
    possibly useful once something to do after you reach lvl 70 is added
    NOTORIETY
    almost ZERO reasons to grind rep so far this expansion, useless perk
    FAVOR & PRESTIGE
    see above
    OVERLORD
    hardly useful, 95% of them are already maxed
    PATRON FAST PASS
    planar teleports put you close enough to a porticulum
    PATRON SUMMONS
    slightly convenient, although they are fairly common npcs anyway
    MOUNTED COMMAND
    decent for pvp, thats about it
    ~Palmyy@Laethys~
    ~Nefarious MT Primalist
    Nefarious ~ 9/9 MoM(2/2 HM) ~ 4/4 HM CoA, NA #1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast