+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Livestreams for 2017: Topic Suggestions Welcome!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default Livestreams for 2017: Topic Suggestions Welcome!

We are slowly moving toward the end of the year. Days are short, nights are long and everyone here is ready for our week off.

Meanwhile, I am starting to plot and plan the RIFT Livestream schedule for 2017.

What topics would you most like covered? Which Devs would you most like to see on stream?

We have a tremendous number of playstyles and interests in RIFT, so you can expect a variety of topics, from "Fortress Siege 101" to "A Night at the (Alittu) Museum." Some streams will be devoted to newly released content, and we'll have plenty of time to cover your favorite topics.

We will continue our campaign to get Vladd on camera, and he will continue his campaign to answer questions perfectly well from his desk.
    ;-)#
    Brasse
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 12-21-2016 at 02:04 PM.

Rift Chaser

How about class balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    "I don't like what you're saying, so I'mma get triggered and shame you somehow." ~RIFT Forums, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Aayden View Post
    How about class balance.
    Let's be more interesting and focused. How about a live stream where we learn more about how the class balancing sausage is made. What goes into balancing? how is it done? how is it tested? what are the overall goals the team aims for when balancing a soul? How much impact does the macro system have in balancing?

Going over the trials and tribulations, and even reviewing some interesting and unexpected builds from the past and how they were solved would make for an interesting live stream. For example, Sab-dancer and Inquisicar hybrids are two bizzare builds from the 1.x days that had to be modified.

Here's another topic: The design process for a raid encounter. The dev team could tell a story about the development of one of the encounters in the game, how the design was settled upon, whether or not the lore came before or after the boss concept, and how they design bosses that tie into the overall lore. Just the process from lore + concept to prototype, to internal testing, to PTS testing, to live and dealing with truly nerve wracking and unexpected bugs would be interesting to learn about. If possible, even demonstrating an early iteration with removed mechanics would be fun, assuming such a thing can be retrieved from develop source control.
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

Okay, I'm going full-on dork here, but...

I want to see the voice actors in action. Seriously. Send someone into the recording studio with a camera so we can watch them yelling, howling, hissing, whatever. Or get them on the livestream.

We know that CC voices Atrophinius, but I want to see everyone else.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Art and music stream.

Like show us how the artists work from scratch until a finished model (or piece of music).

I agree with class balance and how it's done. We had a fun little QA session with some Rift Devs (most notably Keyens for class balance) yesterday on discord. Make that as a live stream; read questions from a thread and twitch chat.
    Maybe once the DPS balance pass ist mostly done. What was the process, what can we expect for the healing and support balance passes.
    Quit: I survived 4.0, but 4.1 broke my will.
    Replacing the "challenge" with a grind to get the best gear is just too much with what was already wrong since 4.0.

1. Class Balance
    2. PvP (bringing back wfs, Is Cq coming back yes/no, pvp class balance, etc.)
    3. Raiding
    4. Q/A stream thingy
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    "Dungeon Siege 101"
    ;-)#
    Brasse
    Third time (might be more)
    devs say dungeun siege instead of fortress siege,
    Is this working as intended or you devs are just more interested in Dungeun Sieges than Fortress Sieges

Also I'd like that night in alittu museum ^^
    Last edited by Bishoujo; 12-21-2016 at 01:17 AM.

PVP + CQ
    /10 char
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Frostkeeper adventures on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xNLm0Ckoss

Shadowlander

a Q&A session with Archonix only. No over the top acting out or dismissing/slapping down viewers. I would suggest for this that you ask for questions to be given beforehand.

This request is in the hope we can clear the negativity from the forum, and by speaking to the man in charge of the game, we can have a civil/adult conversation - which rarely happens in livestreams.

Rift Master

I agree. An hour long Q&A with Archonix with questions from the community selected beforehand.

Perhaps ask community to submit questions then the community votes on which ones to ask.
    Last edited by Balidin; 12-21-2016 at 10:29 AM.

Pvp. Pvp dailies. PvP weeklies. Cq. Updated cq awards. Updated pvp cheevs. Updated pvp consumables. Making your 1 set of gear idea a viable option by putting hit on reaper gear.

Oh and apologies for a supposed "couple week" testing of cq pm limit to 5 man being a d#$% lie. Id like to hear how its going to be fixed without being lied to by Trion from multiple angles.
    Last edited by Grrrrl; 12-21-2016 at 10:56 AM.
    Grl / Grrrl / Grrrrl / Grrrrrl @Deepwood <Hello Kitty> Grrrrl / Grl @Zaviel and probably more...

RETIRED

Telaran

I would love, love, love to know more about the new Raid(s?) planned.

Our guild is a casual raiding guild and we're itching to get back into Rift raiding.

Most of us are already fully geared with the best end game dungeon stuff (including alts).

We feel like we're in a sort of limbo while we do our daily quests and wait for the new Raid(s?) to come out. Any info would be awesome!

Plane Walker

Planar Fragments 101: No, really, what is the intended way for me to be interacting with this system right now? And how does it interact with content?

15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #15
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Great ideas so far, some already on my list-to-be-scheduled. =)
    ;-)#

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast