+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Daily Rewards Calendar - Day 11 in SFP

Default Daily Rewards Calendar - Day 11 in SFP

So, today's daily rewards calendar item is this...

Why are we still being given a Nightmare Tide notoriety token?

Why isn't that reward a Starfall Prophecy notoriety token or at least a level appropriate token, i.e. NT token for 60-65, SFP token for 66-70?

I received a Shal Korva decree for the actual reward, thankfully.

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Birtanerny View Post
    The short answer is, because the game is broken, The long answer is, because the game is broken and trion doesn't employ good enough talent to fix it. They are simply attempting to squeeze a few more sheckels out of it's rapidly declining player base before the game dies.
    I doubt that any talent could magically fix everything. I'm sure that Trion has decent team which is able to create a good game. But it is a very rare case when team has the power to decide what to do and when to release the product. And it looks like that they don't have enough resources (people/time/money/etc) for a while already and as a result game is in very bad shape from technical point of view - so even small changes require huge efforts and often break previously working stuff. Unfortunately it is much more expensive to resolve technical issues later than to do everything properly from the beginning. Basically you save a little in the beginning but loosing a lot in a long run. And most likely Trion does not have will and/or resources to address technical debt now. So we always going to have a lot of such small issues and could only hope that they will address at least most critical issues with time.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Liltizzy View Post
    I received a Shal Korva decree for the actual reward, thankfully.
    Shal Korva is a Nightmare Tide faction...
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    I doubt that any talent could magically fix everything.
    You're assuming the problem here is that something went wrong with how they coded this but the root cause is bad design, not a faulty implementation of a design, i.e. they didn't even figure out that in an expansion people will want expansion notoriety tokens rather than tokens for notorieties people have had 2+ years to max out, and can turn in marks of notoriety / commendations of renown for.

The rewards for days 9, 12, 14, 16 and 21 have all been updated to take account of SFP. Day 5 still gives Void Stones rather than the possibility of Celestial Remnants, and Day 11 still gives only NT tokens. These changes were forgotten about during SFP's development and not put in place until December, some as recently as Hotfix 5. Seems they didn't bother to look at all 21 days' rewards.

Plane Touched

its probably intentional, just like the fact that there is no commendation turn in, they have said many times they don't want ppl to max out the new noterietys too quickly

i'm more annoyed about day 19 quite frankly, at least old rep is SOMETHING, with a point on PA per quest I maxed on PA 2 weeks into the expac and I was no where near before release

Quote Originally Posted by Bobtheskull View Post
    its probably intentional, just like the fact that there is no commendation turn in, they have said many times they don't want ppl to max out the new noterietys too quickly
    No, it's more likely an oversight than deliberate as they allow a daily hand-in of marks of notoriety so how would a monthly hand-in be a problem compared to that?

On my main, my reputation with the map-based factions currently range from 7K/35K to 19K/35K. At around 1200 rep per day, per faction for the dailies, that means I'll be done in just over three weeks from now so by the time the 11th of January rolls around and I have another calendar reward it'll only be useful for an alt (assuming Trion fix it by then).

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    Why are we still being given a Nightmare Tide notoriety token?
    It's a preparation for 13th day when you will receive grey outdated NT materials

You're not helping, Birtanerny.

Is it just a tooltip error or does it always reward NT faction? I'm not to day 11 yet. Have you reported it ingame too?

Given that the calendar was updated to contain SP-specific items, I would say it's intentional that some days still reward the F2P content for NT for those that do not have the expansion and/or those that are also still leveling.

If there were absolutely =no= SP items, I would be worried. But.. it's probably intended.

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    You're assuming the problem here is that something went wrong with how they coded this but the root cause is bad design, not a faulty implementation of a design, i.e. they didn't even figure out that in an expansion people will want expansion notoriety tokens rather than tokens for notorieties people have had 2+ years to max out, and can turn in marks of notoriety / commendations of renown for.

The rewards for days 9, 12, 14, 16 and 21 have all been updated to take account of SFP. Day 5 still gives Void Stones rather than the possibility of Celestial Remnants, and Day 11 still gives only NT tokens. These changes were forgotten about during SFP's development and not put in place until December, some as recently as Hotfix 5. Seems they didn't bother to look at all 21 days' rewards.
    Nope, It is not about code quality but about approach to development. I could imagine how you could miss whole calendar, but when half of the items is missing it is the worst case scenario. There is no planning, no review and no testing. Basically approach is: do something right now and as fast as possible, and usually developers would prefer do it properly, but management have different point of view. And when it is going for a while there is no reasonable way to fix it - you should continue to do the same thing again and again until it is impossible to maintain the product, and I guess we are close to this point.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Soulwalker

Default Bonus crusader marks

Is there a reason I got 200 bonus crusader marks from the bag. I'm not a patron.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrinne View Post
    Is there a reason I got 200 bonus crusader marks from the bag. I'm not a patron.
    The daily calendar rewards are for everyone, whether they're a patron or not.

never the less, the daily calendar should always reward you for "current content" imo.

Why would i log into rift to get items i got 2 years ago? doesn't really make sense to me why they haven't fully updated it for current content. There are plenty of ways to go back and max out the older reps. We don't need them in the daily log in rewards imo.

15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #15
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

I am pretty sure this is in the evergrowing list of things to update now that SFP is safely published. When asked to choose between items that can be pushed live within a time-frame, it is likely that this got bumped in favor of something more pressing on gameplay.

I will make sure the topic is raised again this week for the new year. =)
    <adds to feedback notes> Done!

Meanwhile, you can buy items with your Nightmare Tide tokens and sell them on the marketplace (which is what I am doing).
    ;-)#
    Brasse

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast